Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

I have several questions (about DMT, and higher shroom doses)
    #4057479 - 04/15/05 03:24 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just got back from an excellent shroom trip with my two best friends today at this forest preserve. Just like my last time, it was one of the most awesome times all year :biggrin: We each ate a little over half an eigth. I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions.

1. Sorry this is a bit wordy, but basically this trip (albeit mostly mild) was very good. I have never really gone beyond the level trip I had (maybe slightly more the last time, but not much). This time, I felt very happy almost the entire time.. even my tripping friend whose a huge pessimist, and who kept trying to "downplay" all the insightful things we were talking about. I realized that I actually really like my own personality (in my head), and it made me even more reassured to see that i'm more optimist. Basically, I feel that I am an interesting person (in my own head, maybe not to others)... and that makes me just good feeling, and thats mostly how i keep my trip going well. Just thinking about how im fortunate to be unique, and not like many other stereotypical people gave me a very good undescribable feeling.
If I started to feel shitty, like when we went into this dirty cafe, I thought of how you just need to enjoy the moment, and for the most part my "dark" feelings dissapeared (I dont think i took enough to call it a bad trip.. it was more like a looming darkness that i could see getting out of hand with higher doses). My question is in higher doses, say 3g or so.. (or whever you get when there are severe visual hallucinations, like stuff metling all the way across the room.. or a lightswitch melting all the way to the floor).. do these 'good feelings' and ways of 'coping' usually still hold? Like do you think if I can very easily "talk down" bad feelings on a low dose, and even feel happy the entire time, despite shitty times, that id be able to handle it on the dose i described? I'm going to do them regardless, your answers wont change it.. im just wondering beforehand so I know what to expect, or how I can mentally prepare myself for "the next level."

2. This isn't really related, but I asked someone whose very drug experienced if they've ever tried DMT. That person said 'hell no' because it's an evil drug. i asked why, and they told me that its because every single time there are 2 parts, a good part and a bad part of the trip. She said sometimes you don't even have the good part. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this? I asked about DMT in another thread, and from those who tried it everyone sounded like they loved it...

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: I have several questions (about DMT, and higher shroom doses) [Re: Limelight]
    #4057642 - 04/15/05 04:47 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

regarding the question about the mushroom trip and the higher doses, Don't go into it think that once you start to trip balls on a dose 3 grams or above, there will be a "you" to talk the trip down through. Once you start to expereiment with heavier doses you will find that former preceptions of who and what "you" are will be disolved (most likely) and these concerns of yours will seem a bit humorous at that point. I could go on and on but really, words just don't work. Dose, you said you are going to do it anyway, so just do it, and please, don't try to keep a grip on things or control your trip, let it take you. That's what makes it a trip, after all. Trust me, if you start to dose heavy amounts (4 grams and up) seeing a light switch melt to the floor will be the most insignificant and trivial of your preceptions. Just go for it, as long as you do not enter the trip with fear in your heart you should be fine, and kick back a trip report when it's said and done.

I'm not going to discuss too much about DMT this time around, but it is not an "evil" drug. no drugs are evil, and all drugs respond to the way each individual treats and uses them. Try to keep that in mind.

Happy trails and best wishes. I hope you find your journeys to be rewarding and insightfull.

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: I have several questions (about DMT, and higher shroom doses) [Re: Limelight]
    #4057737 - 04/15/05 06:34 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like you had a great trip!

your ability to deal with higher doses is somewhat dependent on your experience. if you take too big a dose, you will be overwhelmed and if the trip starts to turn bad, it will turn really bad. as you get used to the psychedelic experience, you can take the bigger doses and understand what previously would have overwhelmed you. then you will be able to keep your trip in the good zone just like you can with smaller doses.

its like anything really, a process of learning. if you jump into what you have not learned for (i.e. high doses), you won't understand and things can go bad. if you increase your doses gradually, you will learn as you go and when you then reach those high doses, you will get the most out of them.

so, all you have to do is increase the doses gradually. maybe 0.5g at a time, and you will gradually understand the psychedelic experience more and more.

as for DMT, it is just like any other drug. you have to respect it and see it as a different drug. i havn't done it myself, but from trip reports i've read there is no 'good part' and 'bad part', its just one extremely intense experience. different people will see different things from it. read up on it. a good place to start might be here:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: I have several questions (about DMT, and higher shroom doses) [Re: alsey]
    #4058636 - 04/15/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys, great tips :smile:
Actually I can't believe I didnt realize that.. the part about in higher doses.. there IS no YOU to even "talk away bad feelings" ! That's interesting to think about.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#4058689 - 04/15/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah man, just gradually up the doseages on the shroomies. go up to 2.5 than up to about an 8th (3.5). for me an 8th is definately where the trip starts to become a higher level adventure. when i take less than that i can just chill, talk to my friends, walk around, interact and no one really knows wats up. an 8th or more is when i really start to fly and its awsome. as was said before do not try to control it because you can not and itll just make things worse. just let go and let the trip guide you, if you ever feel nervous or uneasy try putting on some of your favorite music. have fun dude

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4058883 - 04/15/05 02:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

> That person said 'hell no' because it's [dmt] an evil drug.

I have never heard anybody call DMT evil... it is about as far from evil as one can get, at least in my experience. The big key with DMT is the ability to surrender... to die and be born again... if you fight the death aspect of the trip, then it is going to be a rough ride. If you give in and let go, an entire new world opens up before you... a world so beautiful that it is unspeakable. I suspect that your friend is unable to let go and die... the drug is showing him the door, but he refuses to go through it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: I have several questions (about DMT, and higher shroom doses) [Re: Seuss]
    #4058928 - 04/15/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

I have never heard anybody call DMT evil... it is about as far from evil as one can get, at least in my experience. The big key with DMT is the ability to surrender... to die and be born again... if you fight the death aspect of the trip, then it is going to be a rough ride. If you give in and let go, an entire new world opens up before you... a world so beautiful that it is unspeakable.

very well said

anyway, your friend doenst know wtf they are talking about
how can they talk about the experience of a drug they have never even done
i'd say if there is a bad part to dmt, its when you first realize your about to be destroyed because its overwhelming. But once you surrender to it, the rest of the experience is just completely fucking incredible

so id say 1% bad, 99% incredible

oh yea...and keep in mind dmt is a lot lot stronger than an 8th of shrooms

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience