Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Tripping and presence of animals.
    #4052299 - 04/13/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Multiple people have explained to me that when they are on mushrooms there dogs would react different towards them, like bark or act scared. Has anyone else experienced this? i'm interested in trying this out now that I recently got a doggy.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: chemistry]
    #4052317 - 04/13/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Having recently tripped (VERY hard) in the presence of two cats who live in my house, I think I understand this phenomenon.. most animals recognize you by your smell, sound, and behaviors. When tripping, I KNOW I sound different (different speech patterns, excessive laughing etc.), and I'll bet I'm acting differently than normal. My own cat was terrified all night, although there were two other people tripping and several other people in the house.

Dogs would probably become very nervous/afraid if their owner started acting completely differently. It just makes sense.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4052321 - 04/13/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thats real interesting.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4052332 - 04/13/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I can only guess that your dog is able to pick up on body language, etc. or other non-verbal cues. Since you're the "alpha" in its "pack", if it sees you acting strangely, differently, etc. it'll pick up on your cues and it probably won't know what to make of it. Of course, your friend could also just be tripping :wink:.

edit: beat me too it :lol:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman (04/13/05 09:12 PM)

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4052340 - 04/13/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My cats react in the same way. Every time I've ever come home high on mushies, they act terrified of me. They wont let me touch them, and if I try to look them in the eyes, they normally lower their heads. One time I had about 7 people (including myself) tripping extremely hard at my house, and I put the cats up stairs in a bedroom so they wouldn't get out. When I finally went up there after I regained my sanity, they were both hiding and my younger cat max had gotten sick to him stomach (hairball/puke) two or three times. I felt really bad and till much later in the night they wouldn't come close to me. This is a very strange phenomena, but I can definitely relate to what you guys are talking about.

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: diablovt1125]
    #4052448 - 04/13/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My dog gets super affectionate while I'm tripping. Once I came home and he was licking my face for awhile while I was sitting on the ground... I didn't care too much.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: MeThoD]
    #4052682 - 04/13/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my cats stay the same

--------------------

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: SHiZNO]
    #4053394 - 04/14/05 02:52 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My sisters rat was going crazy while I was passing by his cage on a low dose... There was also an interesting thread about it, in it some people sugested animals can pick on us triping because they have less of an ego.

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4054164 - 04/14/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Our cats in fact prefer we be tripping -- that way we pet them a lot more. they love the attention.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4054805 - 04/14/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A huge black 'wild' dog approached us and stayed with us for a long time on my first nature/forest trip. I think he was left in the forest by its owner, but the dog survived. I don't know if that dog acted different because we were tripping, but it was a weird experience to meet a 'wild' dog in a forest while tripping :smirk: A lot of weird things happened that trip.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4054814 - 04/14/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ohhh... and in Portugal a young wild horse and its mother approached me while tripping. They felt very comfortable with me, but I really don't know how they act when I'm sober :smile: Thanks for the good memories though!

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: Annom]
    #4054824 - 04/14/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i wouldn't be surprised if, also, with at least drugs, your sweat and/or pheromones secretions (sounds icky huh =+) alter enough for animals such as cats and dogs to pick up on it.
I'd hazard a guess that how they react depends both on you and them.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: newjon]
    #4056007 - 04/14/05 06:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Me and my friend were at a gold course at night in the middle of the woods... and a deer walked to about 10 feet from us... and wandered along side us for a little while... it would walk away... then return near us... and just watch us... We were silent except for when I thanked it quietly... then it ran way up into the woods, and if we weren't in snow, and unproperly dressed we definitely would have followed it up the mountain... We knew that the deer wanted us to follow it... and that it was a friendly deer... but we also knew it understood that we were not able to go with it.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
    #4056148 - 04/14/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The second time I ever tripped I was outside laying in the grass under the warm sun with my buddy John. I had my headphones on while enjoying the visuals.

When I sat up I could see this little poodle sniffing around in the distance. Eventually he came over and sat down right between us.

Honestly, I think poodles are ugly ass dogs...but this guy was the cutest thing ever and very friendly. We sat there and pet him for a few minutes, I'm sure he knew something was up.

When his owner came by and called him, of course he wouldn't come. She had to practically pry him from the ground and carry him. I felt so bad for the little guy. I could tell he didn't want to leave; his eyes gave it all away.

I have yet to trip with any of my animals, but I'm looking forward to it. My husky would probably be scared shitless but I bet my savanah monitor would be intrigued.

Until then,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#4056996 - 04/14/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

newjon said:
i wouldn't be surprised if, also, with at least drugs, your sweat and/or pheromones secretions (sounds icky huh =+)

Who do you think we are... preschoolers?

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: MeThoD]
    #4057228 - 04/15/05 12:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I had a bird, ferret, and a largemouth bass. All of them were totally different when I was tripping. I agree. They feel something...

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Loc: northern europe
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: Grizzy]
    #4076872 - 04/20/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know about mushrooms, but if I smoke cannabis, my cat acts very differently. He's scared and doesn't want to be close to me. He doesn't run away but doesn't look in the eyes and generally avoids me if I'm high (lowers head when looked at etc.). I try to pet him everytime I'm smoking and it seems he's not that afraid anymore, fortunately. :smile:

--------------------
Smoke City - a board game about stoners!
Kickstarter opens on 4/20!

OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: kAAk]
    #4077316 - 04/20/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I really do think my three (well..now only 2 ='( )cats could tell somthing is up. They understand though, and are great to have around. They have even helped me thorugh rough trips/bad thought patterns. My expiereinces really have made me appreciate my cats more.

I remember when I was physically/mentally trapped in my sisters room for hours in the dark, unable to comprehend anything or find my way out, the first thing I did when I finally got under controll and left was take a huge piss, than pet my cats!!

Edited by ShroomySam (04/20/05 02:22 PM)

OfflineGorgoroth
Lunar Onlooker

Loc: TX
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #4077405 - 04/20/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomNoob03 said:
The second time I ever tripped I was outside laying in the grass under the warm sun with my buddy John. I had my headphones on while enjoying the visuals.

When I sat up I could see this little poodle sniffing around in the distance. Eventually he came over and sat down right between us.

Honestly, I think poodles are ugly ass dogs...but this guy was the cutest thing ever and very friendly. We sat there and pet him for a few minutes, I'm sure he knew something was up.

When his owner came by and called him, of course he wouldn't come. She had to practically pry him from the ground and carry him. I felt so bad for the little guy. I could tell he didn't want to leave; his eyes gave it all away.

I have yet to trip with any of my animals, but I'm looking forward to it. My husky would probably be scared shitless but I bet my savanah monitor would be intrigued.

Until then,
ShroomNoob03

that poodle was a total asshole to me the other day, though.

Tripping with a kitten, however, is THE shit. make 'em purr and it's about the best thing ever

Edited by Gorgoroth (04/20/05 02:43 PM)

OfflineEricsTrip
Stranger
Re: Tripping and presence of animals. [Re: Gorgoroth]
    #4077916 - 04/20/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I know exactly what you guys are talking about. My mate's cats do act decidedly odd when we trip. Funny thing is they never act this way when on other substances such as weed or alcohol.

I remember once, whilst tripping, stroking one of my mate's cats and thinking 'mmm... furry!', and all of a sudden, for a second, my surroundings seemed a whole lot furrier and I burst out in a fit of giggles!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract