Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCaptain Loafy McPoopdick
(4 1 2)

Loc: 1 5 1 3 6
AWOL (alcohal with out liquid)
    #4038788 - 04/10/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Spirit Partners, Inc. Announces
United States License to Market
AWOL - Alcohol With Out Liquid
NEW YORK - There's a new low-calorie, low-carbohydrate way for adults to consume alcohol in The United States, and you don't even need a glass. It's AWOL, Alcohol With Out Liquid, and for the first time, it is available in The United States after successful debuts in Europe and Asia.

Spirit Partners, Inc. announced that it has acquired the exclusive license to market the AWOL technology in the United States, August 20, 2004, at The Trust Lounge in New York's Meat-Packing District. Spirit Partners will sell at least one AWOL dealership in all 50 states.

AWOL consists of two components: an oxygen generator and a hand-held vaporizer. Tubes from the generator attach to the vaporizer. The user chooses an 80-proof spirit, which is poured into the vaporizer. Oxygen mixes with the alcohol producing a mist which is inhaled through the mouth.

"We are elated to launch AWOL," said Kevin Morse, president of Spirit Partners, Inc. "We are now able to dispel the rumors that have been expressed in some media reports and show that AWOL is simply a fun, new, exciting way for adults to enjoy alcohol in a responsible manner."

Alcohol enters the bloodstream through the lungs rather than the stomach making AWOL low calorie and low carbohydrate. The resulting feeling is the same sense of well being an adult gets from consuming alcohol in the traditional manner, only milder.

Once the alcohol enters the bloodstream, it affects the body in the same way as drinking alcohol. Additionally, the alcohol leaves the body in the same manner as if it had been consumed by drinking.

"One of the ways alcohol leaves the body is through the mouth," Morse said. "Therefore, contrary to reports, the alcohol will definitely register on the Intoxylizer 5000, commonly called the Breathalyzer test which is used by law-enforcement officials to apprehend drivers who are under the influence of alcohol."

When used responsibly, there is no evidence to indicate greater risks from using AWOL than consuming alcohol in the traditional way. AWOL should be used no more than two 20-minute sessions within a 24-hour period.

"We are not aware of any current evidence to suggest that use of the AWOL machine, in accordance with your advice and instructions, poses particular risks to the user over and above the risks that may be posed by consuming an equivalent amount of alcohol in an equivalent time period in a more traditional way," said Judith Hind of England's Department of Health Alcohol Policy Team.

AWOL is intended for patrons of an adult-only facility or people that are at least 21 years old. Patrons should not drive or operate any type of machinery after using AWOL.

AWOL units may be purchased directly from Spirit Partners. However, Morse says the company is currently selling exclusive dealerships in all 50 states.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
(4 1 2)

Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: Captain Loafy McPoopdick]
    #4038803 - 04/10/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a link too. This might be old news. it's seems so harsh though
http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/awolusa/20178/

Invisiblericochet
    #4038805 - 04/10/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, this is going to be successful. :rolleyes:

"hay man, djoo git onea them Budweiser vaporizers? bring yours over 'n we'll suck on 'em and watch the race!"

it is pretty interesting and would be worth experiencing. imo it would take away from actually having a beer/drink and a smoke. if I were worried about calories/carbs that much, I wouldn't drink alcohol.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #4038811 - 04/10/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

smoking vodka sounds ok to me.....thats gotta cause lung cancer though...gives a whole new meaning to "beer bong"

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4038889 - 04/10/05 09:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Nice idea, maybe in the future they'll make something that gets drunk for me.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4038917 - 04/10/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

How about just pure 100% grain alcohol in a Pill form--you can make the geltabs different flavors too but a few hugs alcohol pills and your drunk. The vaporized doesnt sound that bad but as long as your consuming the same amount of alcohol then it would probably be impractical since the drink all has to be vaporized.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #4038929 - 04/10/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yup... it's really senseless as it's easier, and more cost effective just to drink the damn thing. I guess it's for people who think alcohol is to harsh. I dunno, I just don't see the need to overcomplicate a simple activity.

As for the pills, sounds good to me.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: ricochet]
    #4038962 - 04/10/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:
imo it would take away from actually having a beer/drink and a smoke

Could be. All my attempts to quit smoking have failed when drinking with friends. To me alcohol causes a terrible urge to inhale smoke. I'd give this a try when going out with friends during a quitting period.

--------------------

Edited by ivi (04/10/05 10:11 PM)

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4038974 - 04/10/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the girl in that picture looks manly

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4038981 - 04/10/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4038989 - 04/10/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

as a regular drinker...i'll never pass a drink up for a chance to inhale booze, except for the 1 and only time i try the inhaler thingy.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

(4 1 2)

Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: motaman]
    #4039000 - 04/10/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Whoops  :shrug:

Invisiblericochet
    #4039015 - 04/10/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ivi said:
Could be. All my attempts to quit smoking have failed when drinking with friends. To me alcohol causes a terrible urge to inhale smoke. I'd give this a try when going out with friends during a quitting period.

agreed to an extent. I drink. I don't really care to not drink. I smoke tobacco on and off (more on now than off) especially when I drink more. it goes in cycles, really. I'd rather not do both tbh but don't see that happening until I get on the road again and can't really do either. it's a cop out, but given my current lifestyle I need an outlet. without a pot hookup, alcohol and tobacco are that outlet.

this idea could be really good for a minority of people I think. however, I think people who are reliant enough on alcohol will not really contemplate this vaporizer.

ivi, do you think if you ingested alcohol via a vaporizer that it'd eliminate the urge to smoke tobacco? I know it's totally different, and much of drinking is the socialness (that often tobacco accompanies) but yeah.

I fully support this idea but don't think it'll catch on. I mean, how many people vaporize their pot? even amongst those who are familiar with vaporization and know it is more efficient and healthy? the act of smoking pot satisfies that urge that using a vaporizer doesn't unless smoking isn't convenient to your lifestyle (health/living arrangements). :shrug:

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #4039037 - 04/10/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There is more of a social image thing with holdiong a beer as there is with smoking a bowl which is why a vaporizer will probably not catch on. Another danger is people starting to make masks (an evolution of the beer helmet) and then we got the same problem as we do with N20 masks. A drunk passes out with a recently filled AWOL attached to his head and continues to inhale alcohol vapor till he's poisoned. I will give it a wirl if they ever do pop there heads up in pubs though.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#4039171 - 04/10/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ricochet said:
ivi, do you think if you ingested alcohol via a vaporizer that it'd eliminate the urge to smoke tobacco?

I'd just inhale some AWOL on my beer :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: ivi]
    #4040601 - 04/11/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i've tried pouring high-proof liquour (some vodka, i believe it was) on the coals of a sauna. perhaps it was only placebo, but i got quite wasted...

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4040687 - 04/11/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

They stole the stole the idea from me...I was freebasing vodka out of tinfoil in high school.

Offlinedrunkencoyote
SpiritualAdvisor
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: AWOL (alcohal with out liquid) [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4057128 - 04/14/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I enjoy the process of drinking personally I think the vaporizer thing...well it just seems like cheating

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder