Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestoner
journeyman
substrate mix question
    #405393 - 09/26/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

the substrate directions i aquired here at the shroomery say to mix 4 cups vermiculite with 1.5 cups brf and 2 cups water. does this sound right to you. it just seems as though that doesn't give enough food for the mycelium to grow strong and hardy. also i picked up some flax seed and would like to incorporate that in. could someone please give me some directions as far as amounts to mix example 4 cups verm 1.5 brf and 1 flax seed. wouldnt this call for more water. please help confused and frustrated. would prefer a method from someone who has or does use it. thankyou so much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuicer
Stranger
Re: substrate mix question [Re: stoner]
    #405403 - 09/26/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I've read many different ways but i usually mix half and half- half verm and half food; but thats all a matter of what works for the person I guess. Also, be careful about the flax. I used it a lot and found out that certain strains just don't colonize well in it.

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: substrate mix question [Re: stoner]
    #405450 - 09/26/01 09:01 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Use either one of the recipes on these sites and you can`t go wrong http://www.fanaticus.com/sub-prep.htm

http://www.psykedelbok.se/MMGG.HTM#Spores

?But I don?t want to go among mad people,? Alice remarked.
?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate