Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYourNameHere
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: God's Sub-concious
How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :(
    #4035430 - 04/09/05 08:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Today, while looking at my beautiful pins and starting baby shroomies, I started thinking about how they probably don't have a strong enough light to grow towards (they had a 15W); so i decided to switch the bulb to a 60W. Stupid story short, I had to go to work for 6 and 1/2 hours (they surprised me with an extra long day). While at work I call my friend so he could go and shut the light off because i thought that it would be getting too hot. The dick he is, doesn't go and shut off the light (punk :frown:). So I rush home to check on the cakes, and open the chamber, which is a very (too) insulated freezer and I look at the thermometer and basically shit my pants. The Temp is at 120f (!). OMG I'm so pissed.... I looked at the cakes, the GT's which have the pins (the B+ haven't started pinning yet, but i has a lot of aerial myc.) look slightly blued which i don't take as a good sign... the baby shroomies don't look great either....

What do you guys (and you rare girls in this industry) think about my conundrum?
Will the cakes survive?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (04/09/05 08:14 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Anything posted by me on this or any forum of communication is solely for entertainment value and should not be taken seriously.

"It was nicely done"
-Lt. Scott Rhoemer <----Referring to a Cannabis cultivation location and setup. Click avatar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: YourNameHere]
    #4035438 - 04/09/05 08:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sorry man but the blue is probley drying out...maybe if you dunk...but i could be wrong but that what i would do

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: starptv23]
    #4035472 - 04/09/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Dunk them and I bet they'll survive. Myc is hardier then most think..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4035512 - 04/09/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

dunk it at could not hurt at this point.....

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineYourNameHere
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: starptv23]
    #4035587 - 04/09/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Is dunking alright after/during pinning and the b+ cakes have like 1/3" of aerial mycelium. Will it be hurt too much?

--------------------
Anything posted by me on this or any forum of communication is solely for entertainment value and should not be taken seriously.

"It was nicely done"
-Lt. Scott Rhoemer <----Referring to a Cannabis cultivation location and setup. Click avatar.

InvisibleI_Stain_Blue
abominableshroomman

Loc: police state
    #4036140 - 04/10/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Dunking is okay during pinning. Just be careful to not knock off all the pins when submerging. Many of the pins will survive a 24 hr dunk, sometimes they even grow normally under the water.

--------------------
Be Here Now

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: I_Stain_Blue]
    #4036235 - 04/10/05 03:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Actually it will more than likely kill the pins, but better to kill a bunch of pins than have the whole cake die.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: I_Stain_Blue]
    #4036597 - 04/10/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I_Stain_Blue said:
Dunking is okay during pinning. Just be careful to not knock off all the pins when submerging. Many of the pins will survive a 24 hr dunk, sometimes they even grow normally under the water.

incorrect, most will abort because of the dunk, cleam the pins off the cake and then dunk

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4036785 - 04/10/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Is the 120 degrees the temp of the cakes or the readout on the thermometer? There is a difference you know. If you take an outside thermometer, as an example, the temp will read higher than the actual temps if the gage is in direct sunlight or in a direct path of another heat source. Yesterday the outside temp was 72 degrees but my thermometer was reading 100 because it was in direct sunlight. That's a 28 degree difference.

I would take a sterilized meat thermometer (the pen type) and take a direct reading into the cake. I'll bet the cakes are lower than you think.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: Wronguy]
    #4037103 - 04/10/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ariel hyphae, isnt pins. If there are pins/primordia (little white balls, knots) then you shouldnt dunk, but fuzzy cakes can be dunked just fine.

Not a very good idea to start sticking tools (like a thermometer) into you sterile cake that your trying to not contam. Especially since, at this point the cakes will have cooled down and not even read a temp anymore. Wont do any good. Your right though, the cakes were probably lower then that.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #4037359 - 04/10/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

I_Stain_Blue said:

incorrect, most will abort because of the dunk, clean the pins off the cake and then dunk

Either way cleaning off pins and extraneous debris will make for a much better first flush!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineYourNameHere
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: hyphae]
    #4040889 - 04/11/05 11:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks For the suggestions, I cleaned off the pins and took them last night. The trip was decent. I weighed them to 15g

--------------------

"It was nicely done"

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4040979 - 04/11/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thats a pretty good amount, a little low for me but it'll knock out a headache in a flash.

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
    #4040986 - 04/11/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

>>> but it'll knock out a headache in a flash.

:lol: I put my fruits into capsule...

Mom:  Man, I got a terrible headache, you got any of that vicodin left.
Me:  Nah, but take these 3 pills, they'll "knock out a headache in a flash"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4041028 - 04/11/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it works, my grandmother used to make a tonic with willow bark for headaces, it
stopped working as the headaches got worse, she then introduced me to mushrooms
and they worked better than anything else... it's paert of what led me into
cultivating them because as farmland grew more scarce in the area I was in the
mushrooms did too... I gave my mother in law 2 capsules about 8 months ago
and she hasnt complained of a severe headache since.

OfflineIfIWereARichMan
journeyman
    #4043541 - 04/11/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A 15W light is overkill.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: IfIWereARichMan]
    #4044483 - 04/12/05 05:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I use 20 watt fluoro's triggers lots-o-pins! :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineYourNameHere
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: How fucked am I? OMG I'm so dumb :( [Re: hyphae]
    #4054279 - 04/14/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A 15W is overkill? It wasn't for me, at least the way I had it positioned. I'm going to switch from the 15 to a fluoro that'll attach to the lid and itll be sweet and it sure as hell wont get the temp to 120+

--------------------

"It was nicely done"

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4054346 - 04/14/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

I_Stain_Blue said:

incorrect, most will abort because of the dunk, cleam the pins off the cake and then dunk

I'm not sure which side i would be on here because when i dunked my last print cake the pins did grow normally under water but 2 days later they aborted.

InvisibleFizikz
Not a real person
 User Gallery

#4054357 - 04/14/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yea i wouldnt worry about it just pick the blued pins off, and start the next flush.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules