Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Do I have PHPD, or is my vision just messed up?
    #4054243 - 04/14/05 12:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

When I?m sober it looks like everything is made up of light and dark dots. I notice it more depending on the light, but if I look for it, I can find it. My cousin once told me he knew exactly what I was talking about. He told me a lot of people have the same thing, some more than others and that there was even a term for it. Even before I tried psychedelics, I could see things

When I smoke weed and stare off I can almost always find what looks like a cluster of bubbles spinning around in the center of my field of vision, when I?m sober it?s much harder to find.

That was all before I tried Shrooms for the first time in January. I remember the plane ride home (I was out of state) the morning after I shroomed. The bubbles were so obvious it made whatever was in the way (of the bubbles) was slightly distorted, making the outlines of everything look wiggly almost. A friend told me it was probably still in my system. I tried not to let any of it get to me. I figure, at least I?m not blind.

Now (almost 3 months later) I?ve been noticing that bright lights are giving me floaters. When someone gets their picture taken the flash is almost burnt into their vision, leaving floaters that slowly fade after a few minutes. I get the same thing from regular lights, the sun, even my computer screen. I can even see it with my eyes closed. Now I?m afraid to take anymore psychedelics. I don?t want my vision to get any worse.

The other night I was outside in the dark, drinking a few beers with some friends. Just the flame hurt my eyes, like a sharp pain from turning on a light when you?ve just woke up.

Should I be worried? Should I see a doctor?

Thanks,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Do I have PHPD, or is my vision just messed up? [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #4054325 - 04/14/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Honestly I have similar stuff too but i only notice it when i concentrate or think about it. Althoughgt bright white walls like in some of my classrooms can induce some nasty tracers for me.

I think i always had it even before i ever tripped but tripping allowed me to notice it instead of block it out.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
Re: Do I have PHPD, or is my vision just messed up? [Re: baraka]
    #4054387 - 04/14/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

"I think i always had it even before i ever tripped but tripping allowed me to notice it instead of block it out."

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I still want to take Shrooms and other Hallucinogenics and I'm afraid I'll make it worse. What do you think?

Thanks,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
Re: Do I have PHPD, or is my vision just messed up? [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #4055559 - 04/14/05 06:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Cubies do not physically damage your vision. You may have a problem with your vision but the shrooms are not the cause.

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being