Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineducz03
Stranger
First Time Dosage
    #4054128 - 04/14/05 12:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys I'm brand new to this board but I've been visiting this site for a while. I've never used mushrooms before, and am very interested in trying them. I've smoked marijuana for about a year and a half now, at times in the summer once every 2 days or even more. I consider myself experienced in that. I know marijuana and shrooms are TOTALLY different, but my question has to do with how much I should use for the first time. The first time I smoked I smoked way too much considering I didn't know what to expect, and even with weed I was almost unaware that it was the drug that was doing what it was doing, and I was unaware when/if I would come down. I know that this feeling may cross my mind while on shrooms, but I am not scared of this. I am confident that I will be able to handle it, in that I look back at things that I've thought after smoking and realize how dumb I was for being scared in the first place and now I look back on the first time I smoked and I just laugh about it. From my understanding, a very small dose of shrooms will lead to a stoned/just off baseline feel, perhaps a little more intense than weed. I'd like to get a little farther than that, but like I said I don't know how much I should take. I know there's the saying you can always take more if you underdose, but you can't go back on an overdose/bad trip, but I would just like some input. Also how much money would this amount cost me? Thanks a lot guys.

Edited by ducz03 (04/14/05 12:17 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: ducz03]
    #4054147 - 04/14/05 12:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I would say anywhere from 2g-3.5g for the first time. That will fuck you up quite a bit, but you will still pretty much be in control. Then, from that dose you can figure out what you want to take the next time.

I don't think we are allowed to talk about shroom prices here, so I am not gonna answer that question.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: killme]
    #4054315 - 04/14/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

hey. I took 1/8 an eigth the first time and it was great. I was similar to you, but i was very nervous. the thing that is different about weed than alcohol, is that when you the latter 2, your perception stays the same and you get 'more fucked up', but you still feel like the same person and your views are the same, just altered. but when you eat shrooms, your entire perception and reality changes too.. its not a feeling of "just getting more fucked upt he more you take." for this reason.. you can be tripping and having stuff melt and bubble and change color, but it wont feel the same at all..
In retrospect, i worried way to much when i took my first one. I would follow deadmakers advice and take a little more than a half an eigth, and keep the bag with you in case you feel like more. just wait an hour before eating more, they dont work right away. Also, if you arent comfortable with carrying them, then maybe mix them in a drink or something.
just go outside and have a good time :biggrin:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Limelight]
    #4054319 - 04/14/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My main point is, don't worry. i was full of anxiety, and it was jst a waste of time (on lower trips that is.. i havent gone for 4-5 level trips, so i wouldnt know). Do it with an open mind!

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4054907 - 04/14/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i'd say 2g dried for your first time, or 20g fresh. read up on it, look at erowid.com.

Quote:

ducz03 said:
From my understanding, a very small dose of shrooms will lead to a stoned/just off baseline feel, perhaps a little more intense than weed.

not really. you might get a bit giggly, but the high is very different. its more like an E high than weed high IMO.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: First Time Dosage [Re: alsey]
    #4055439 - 04/14/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
i'd say 2g dried for your first time, or 20g fresh. read up on it, look at erowid.com.

I agree, IMO its better to start small and work your way up, everyone has a different reaction :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineducz03
Stranger
Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Kerr]
    #4056319 - 04/14/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

OK cool, thanks a lot guys. I don't think I want to go any higher than level 2/maybe 3, but I understand what you were sayin bout how w/ alcohol and weed you're just more drunk or more stoned, and how it's just a totally different experience between levels with shrooms. So yea I'm hoping within the next two months to get the opportunity to hang out in the woods w/ some buds and do this. I'll let you know how it worked out.

OfflineRetired
    #4056347 - 04/14/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my first time i took an 1/8 and that was very nice. now a few years later the most i have ever done is 5g my girl likes small amounts just to get the long buzz she takes about 1g-2g

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Retired]
    #4056458 - 04/14/05 11:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I suggest anywhere between 2-3 grams dried.

Mushrooms can make you look at your life much differently. You analyze your life, as if it were another person's.

Also, the concept of time is one of the biggest trips, don't get caught up in it thinking you are stuck in an infinite loop.

Remember that no matter what, you will come down within a few hours.
The first time I tripped I felt very uncomfortable because of the idea that my mind would never be the same again. Ofcourse, my mind went back to normal. No worries.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Kerr]
    #4057657 - 04/15/05 05:04 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RyanKerr said:
IMO its better to start small and work your way up, everyone has a different reaction :smile:

I think 1g dry (10g wet)is better 2g dry (20g wet) for a first time experience.  It won't be as intense, but it will build your trust.  And the light experience is enjoyable in its own right; you get subtle, happy effects which might not be apparent with a larger dose.

After using 10g you can move up to 20g a week later.

Anything one does to demonstrate reponsible entheogen use promotes the cause of legalization.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Edited by wjames (04/15/05 05:14 AM)

Offlinealsey

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: wjames]
    #4057726 - 04/15/05 06:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a lot of people won't really feel anything on 1g, especially if its their first time. it certainly won't be psychedelic.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: First Time Dosage [Re: alsey]
    #4058542 - 04/15/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

good, then they will gradually get to know it.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4058743 - 04/15/05 02:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

my first time i took 2.8 and it was such an awsome experience. right after i came down my friends and i each took an 8th cause we wanted to trip again and harder. i would say take between 2.5-3 for your first time. just relax, stay open minded, and have some nice music to listen to

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlinealsey

Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4058808 - 04/15/05 02:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

not necessarily. if someone has never taken shrooms before, they might not even notice threshold effects. once i introduced someone to shrooms, and they just did 10g fresh to be safe, and felt nothing.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4058852 - 04/15/05 02:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A lot depends upon your body weight, metabolism, etc... for most people, around 2g to 3g is about perfect. My first dosage was 12g wet, or about 1.2g dry... and I had the full range of effects... There are two extremes you want to avoid... if you underdose, you get the body effects but none of the mental effects... this is not very fun. If you "over"dose (not in the toxicity sense), the effects become extremly disorienting and confusing... again, not very fun. The trick is to find the middle ground...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: First Time Dosage [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4060737 - 04/15/05 11:50 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:

Remember that no matter what, you will come down within a few hours.
The first time I tripped I felt very uncomfortable because of the idea that my mind would never be the same again. Ofcourse, my mind went back to normal. No worries.

This happens alot. I'm always like 'Life will never be the same! Now that I know this thing everything will be different!" and then I get duanted by how the hell I will integrate the experience. But things just about always do get back to normal, and you can barely remember all that profound stuff anyways.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience