Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDokTao
Stranger
RATS FOR TESTING
    #405381 - 09/26/01 10:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i've heard that there is no real way of knowing how to identify shrooms usless you are an expert. what if i just go to the pet store and get some rats? and test what i find on them? every scientist has to have her subject.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: RATS FOR TESTING [Re: DokTao]
    #405469 - 09/26/01 11:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thats got to be one of the stupiest ideas I've heard, don't be mean to rats just so you can get your jollies off of eating mushrooms.

OfflineDokTao
Stranger
Re: RATS FOR TESTING [Re: Gumby]
    #405544 - 09/26/01 11:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dude, let's get something right here. i was once totally for the humane treatment of animals until i realized something. they are just animals, they are not people. i am less concerned with them when it comes to my own happiness. yeah i said it. i'm talking about ME ME ME ME ME! i'm to the point where i can't care about all the problems in the world anymore. just me. there's too much going on and i need a good trip. and i will get it any way i can. even if it means a few animals have to die to get it. a few animals have to die for you to get you cold medicines and your make-up, your AIDS research, EVERYTYHING. nice sweet animals like monkies and dogs and cats. do you think people who are forced to live with rats care about what i do with them? no. it's mostly people who live in nice clean areas rodent free. what if i use cock roaches? would you care about them as much? how many stories of getting a dog or cat or a bird high do you people have out there? huh?

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #405551 - 09/26/01 11:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Dude your an ass. I killanimals to eat them, because that's the way life is, but i don't experement on them, That's just sick! If you want to trip, try flexing your puney little brain muscle and realize that you could easily learn to identify shrooms by how they look, and you won't need to terrorize those poor stupid creatures.

The futures all yours, ya damn bicycle!

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineBongboy420
Loc: Oregon
Re: RATS FOR TESTING [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #405867 - 09/27/01 04:45 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Think of all the rats you'd have to buy to test all those different mushrooms. That's going to add up to some big bucks considering all the thousands of non hallucinagenic mushrooms I see for every 1 psilocybe. If you really want to find mushrooms, take some time to learn a bit about them. Or buy some spores to grow them at home, it's really quite easy. But no, you don't necessarily have to be an expert with a docterate in mycology to be able to find and easily identify magic mushrooms.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #405877 - 09/27/01 05:15 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey smart ass ! Rats and other smaller animals don't have any neuroreceptors for psylocibin or pcylocin, so the only thing you'll know is rat die, mushrooms is poisonous, rat lives, mushroom is not poisonous, good luck eating all the stuff that doesn't kill, some will taste like shit, yeap, everyone gets what they diserve, bom apetit!

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #405897 - 09/27/01 06:54 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe if you drink a few cups of bleach it will make you m4x tripp0rz. BLEACH ENEMA 4 M4XX TRIPP0RZ! PWNZ0RZ!

Offlineshellacct
addict

Loc: BAD DOG!
    #406056 - 09/27/01 12:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

this post has the makings of a long flame war already.... anyways... all animal rights aside, t who is to say that a given mushroom might not be safe FOR A RAT, BUT DEADLY TO HUMANS??? Just take your time and read carefully dude.... there is no "easy" or "foolproof" trick.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Just because you are paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...

--------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #406246 - 09/27/01 03:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think humans are different then animals? Do you consider yourself(humans) a superior species? Learn your history this is where most of the worlds problems come from a superiority complex.

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: RATS FOR TESTING [Re: durban_poison]
    #406256 - 09/27/01 03:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

humans are superior to animals depending on how you look at it. humans are so superior to animals that we have to be careful not to crush them. i do think that people should treat animals wish respect and with love. why not? no reason to hate animals. i am not stupid enough to worship a creature that is below me or stupid enough to worship nature which was also created FOR me (i don't want to take any wind out of the sails of who do but it is stupid, humans are far superior.) we have the ability beyond that of nature or animals. i think this will not settle well with some people here, but its what i think. with our power, we do have to and we are learning to be gentle and learn how to get along better with our animals and with our environment.

:frown: .. what was i saying..? Time for a cigarette.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #406408 - 09/27/01 05:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Animals........Psychadelics.........Morons.........Ticket!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineDokTao
Stranger
Re: RATS FOR TESTING [Re: MAIA]
    #406947 - 09/28/01 12:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE!! how awful we allow our tempers the upper hand. so i said something you disagree with. do you think calling me names is going to change my mind? do you think i will embrace your insults and take them to heart? did i call you names? i could have. and man do i have a few choice words for some of you. yeah MeltingPenguin, i am an ass. at times. yes i have puny brain muscles and no i don't think i'm smart. i'm a smart ass just like MAIA said. but i'm also smart enough to know that there are people who know far more than i do, espically about shrooms. why do you think i sent a post? to find out. a response of your dumb and you're an ass will most likely get a rash, harsh, and violent response. did you actually think i would just let you people attack me and not stand up for myself? whatever you can dish out i'm here to tell you that you can bring it on, but you must know this. i got a lot of stuff in my life that i would rather put more of my attention to then an intellectual war with people i can't even see. i'd rather be in your face so i can spit on you as i yell. but thanks to you who didn't call me names, i think you rock.

The Dok

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #407235 - 09/28/01 05:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

if this guy actually finds, what he thinks is a potent species, and tries to trip....
this is what he MAY have on his mind:

1. is this "shroom" going to KILL ME?
2. his outlook on life.
3. his outright disrespect for nature.
4. he has made apperant his life isnt going so well..

everyone, taken into consideration of the facts beforehand,
in your opinion,
A. this guy will have the best experience of his life...:)
or
B. the most "unforgetable" experience in his life...:(
or
C. he will die a very unfortunate death. :crazy:
(...although...he WILL be contributing to the further sciences/understandings & identification of species and/or toxicity of species in nature....)
(if i only knew how to poll....)

so what is this guy brewing peoples?

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

get all your supplies AND spores at a discount price!!! CLICK HERE!!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #407248 - 09/28/01 05:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey dude, are you going to make some cientific research ? NO! You're going to kill animals to your own benefit, the worst thing is that you have information avaiable and tools to learn how to identify psicoactive mushrooms. Does your lazyness justify the death of animals ?

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineDokTao
Stranger
    #409324 - 09/30/01 05:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

hey "dude" let me ask you this. do you know how much rats and mice cost? do you know how much tanks and cages cost for rats and mice? do you know how much food for them cost? or bedding? do you know how much time goes into raising a pet? i have a cat, a dog, a gecko, a spider, a millipede, some hermit crabs, and the cutest little bunny rabbit you've ever seen. they all take as much of my time as my nephews do and those boys love me just for me. so i know what it's like to raise an animal, take care of it, love it, all that crap. they need food, water, they need to be cleaned, clipped, sometimes shaven, their areas need to be safe and sound and nice and clean. does this sound like it's laziness to you, miai? should i go out and trust someone who gets shrooms from someone else that i've never even met? i am getting the books, and not just the books recommended on this site, i mean hard hitting scientific books. i am taking botony classes just to be able to identify not just shrooms but all other plant life because i love science. and i love plants. and i love animals. that's why i eat them. also, for your information a.) i am in art and japanese and computer graphics, but those classes have nothing to do with shrooms i'm just telling you what i do baby, alright? and b.) do i still sound lazy to you? let me know what you think i'm SO interested in your opinion.

Dok signing out

p.s. i'm not a guy, just a realy confused girl ;).

OfflineDokTao
Stranger
    #409328 - 09/30/01 05:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

and one more thing. people kill animals on their own behaves all the time. do you own any leather? wear any make up? i bet you smell really great right now. what's that you're wearing? was it tested on some poor helpless animal? eat any chicken today? what about fish? oh my i hope you didn't eat tuna! dolphins are so much better on the grill. >;)~

I myself have very little feelings for those things. ever see the nature specials on dolphins? the males beat, and attack, then gang rape the female. sounds like fun, doesn't? oh let's all love those dolphins! and wear necklaces with their little pictures on them. i care for the females, but not the male of the speices. i just thought i'd share that with you before you sent me an ANGRY email protesting your love for this foul beast of the deep blue sea. i'd rather save a shark. at least people know what they are, and they don't hide it. just like me. ::chomp::

Psychos of the world, UNITE!!!!!! the revolution is near! and all will be made to fall at the feet of . . . . .

The Dok!

do you really want to keep talking to me? because i can keep this up for years.

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #409339 - 09/30/01 06:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dude, small animals can and often do munch down on deadly poisonous mushrooms with no ill effects. I have seen squirrls do it to both death caps and gallerinas. i doubt it would be any different for a rat.

furthermore, small animals do not have the neuroreceptors needed for you to make the determination if the shrooms will get you off. ultimatly you are either going to have to develope the expertise, or get someone to help you who does

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #409343 - 09/30/01 06:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

How old are you? 12? maybe 13?

>and one more thing. people kill animals on their own behaves all the time. do you own any leather?

Leather is making use of what is left of beef cows, rather ingenious I think.

>wear any make up?

Make up is no longer made from animals, do some reseach.

>i bet you smell really great right now. what's that you're wearing?

Oh, calonge or pefume you mean? Yeah, thats what I thought.. its made from flowers.

>was it tested on some poor helpless animal?

I find that you contradict your self constantly, didn't you JUST say several times you didn't care about animals?

>eat any chicken today? what about fish? oh my i hope you didn't eat tuna! dolphins are so much better on the grill. >;)~

Durrr... people eat these things for the proteins that they need. Feeding mice mushrooms to see if they die or not, so you can attempt to trip is NOT a nessicity for your life.

>I myself have very little feelings for those things. ever see the nature specials on dolphins? the males beat, and attack, then gang rape the female. sounds like fun, doesn't?

Thats how things work in nature, get the fuck over it.

>oh let's all love those dolphins! and wear necklaces with their little pictures on them. i care for the females, but not the male of the speices.

You're level of sheer stupidity and ignorance is appaling. I sugest you just shut up and look for a different community, you've a hell of a first impression on this site, STRANGER.

Keep going to school, maybe they will work on that ignorance.

I hate you,
-Gumby

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #409358 - 09/30/01 06:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey DokTao,

No offense bro, but your topic went down the shitter.

Im locking it.

And AS FOR THE REST OF YUZ..

Keep on shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
Re: RATS FOR TESTING [Re: Gumby]
    #409359 - 09/30/01 06:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you know what i think this is the greatest idea ever because at this rate he'll be dead soon

i can believe its not butter but why would you do that
http://go.to/freesporering

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification