Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

quitting smoking - insomnia?
    #4053456 - 04/14/05 06:03 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

three days ago i finally made the decision to quit smoking. i decided to have my last cigarette just before i went to bed that night. the next day wasn't nearly as bad as i expected. i chewed gum most of the time and got through the day without too much stress.

the problems began when i tried to get to sleep. i went to bed about 11pm, and just lay there, awake. i was tired, but wide awake. my body just refused to go to sleep. i've had sleeping difficulties before, but never anything like this. it eventually got to 3am and i just got up and played jedi knight 2 until the morning.

the next day (yesterday), was similar to the day before, only i was very tired as i got absolutely no sleep. i controlled the cravings all day, and managed to get my work done despite the tiredness. by 10pm i was exhausted and i went to bed. but again, i just lay there awake. my body just didn't seem to understand the concept of sleeping anymore. it got to 3am again and i thought fuck it, had a couple of cigarettes, went back to bed and fell asleep. i can deal with the cravings in the day, but not sleeping wasn't something i had anticipated.

i guess the only answer is to endure a few sleepless nights until the nicotine is out of my system, but if anyone has any advice, i'm listening.

i did consider smoking some grass, but my sleeping has been marijuana dependant before and i don't want to get into that habit again.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: quitting smoking - insomnia? [Re: alsey]
    #4057770 - 04/15/05 07:26 AM (12 years, 18 days ago)

I've quit smokin weed + tobacco for the time being and I experience the same effects.

Sometimes I can't sleep at all, sometimes just for 3-4 hours, then have to take naps during the day.

Alcohol is really the only thing that helped me. Might want to try Melatonin also.

Once your body kicks the withdrawal you should go back to normal.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Melatonin

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being