Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
horror trip
    #4046948 - 04/12/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

has anyone ever wanted to experience a horror trip?
i mean.. of course a peacfull trip is the most enjoyable, but...
i want to put this really scary satanic soundtrack on with people yelling and some guy chanting something in a really sick voice and trip to it. or listen to some death metal or something..
i wonder what it would be like, what you would experience

one day i might try it
wat u think

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: horror trip [Re: XUL]
    #4046957 - 04/12/05 04:53 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I know a guy into that, that is just what he's into and what he likes, if you really dig that stuff, why not eh?

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4046973 - 04/12/05 04:57 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

HELL YEAH!! If you want a crazy horror trip, watch The Evil Dead! Best horror movie ever made, even when sober!

Be careful though, sometimes you'll find that you enjoy the Sickness a little too much... you're fantasies beg to be acted out...

Death/destruction can be and is just as beautiful as life/creation. The hue of splattered blood is already deeply engraved into our human psyches.

These types of trips can definitely bring you into more comfort with death, and have profound changes on your life that CAN be positive in the sense that they bring harmony between dark and light. But don't indulge or you will find yourself in a very scary place.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: horror trip [Re: dr0mni]
    #4047219 - 04/12/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I had a horror trip once.  It's literally like going to hell.
I learned alot from it, though, but it was truly TERRIFYING!!  I don't know how I ever made it back!  :confused:  :hellfire:

Would I recommend it?  No.  But I think alot of people go there eventually, and there are some things that can be learned only from these trips.

I guess the only way I can put it is that I'm glad I know what they're like, but I NEVER want to experience one of those again.... EVER!  And if one happens to arise, I will have to convince myself that I'm falling into negative and hellish deleria, which is the most truthful way to put it.

If set and setting are right, one should be able to avoid these, as they're are a little *too* scary.  If you know what a true nightmare is like, then a horror trip is like THE SHOWDOWN between you and your worst nightmare.  Only this time, you're awake, and you know it.

Edited by Ginseng1 (04/12/05 06:23 PM)

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4047273 - 04/12/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

sounds like a terrible idea but if you are into that then go ahead...as long as you don't hurt anybody.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: horror trip [Re: TODAY]
    #4047308 - 04/12/05 06:34 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

TODAY said:
sounds like a terrible idea but if you are into that then go ahead...as long as you don't hurt anybody.

:thumbup:,  but I honestly think only a psycho would enjoy these, for they experience very little emotion.  Anybody that is scared of *something*, will never enjoy a hell trip.  And for you "goth" kids, that think you're hells angel, don't front.  You aren't *different*, we are all human and we all push away death.  If you don't, therefore you are a psycho.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4049020 - 04/13/05 03:27 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

i listened to black metal once. children of bodom and stuff. had the lights off with just that playing. it was very interesting.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: horror trip [Re: alsey]
    #4049065 - 04/13/05 04:01 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I would'nt mind a "horror trip".I've been sitting here for about 15 minutes trying to describe what a horror trip is to me,but I can't come up with anything better than I want to be entertained by the macabre but I don't want a bad trip if there is such a thing.I have a deep passion for horror movies.If anyone has ever seen "The Hills Have Eyes",I would want to have an experience comparable to that or maybe Elm St. 2.Just an entertaining mind fuck.

Offlinekrin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: horror trip [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #4049302 - 04/13/05 06:22 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

when i invite horror into a trip it doesnt scare me,i get into it,possessed by the mindset
its cool,you can make some pretty creepy art and music

start chanting to the ancient demon,thats always fun
and eat meat in the dark

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: horror trip [Re: krin]
    #4051819 - 04/13/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

krin said:
start chanting to the ancient demon,thats always fun
and eat meat in the dark

LOL LOL LOL...that's too funny for some reason.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: horror trip [Re: TODAY]
    #4052387 - 04/13/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Closest thing to that was probably listening to Divorced by Melvins and Tool. Not sure how many shrooms I had that night. The part where Buzz is screaming those tortured screams... it's creepy but cool. The drum solo was way cool.

Once I threw on The Downward Spiral (The Bottom), by NIN, and I had to turn it off after the first line. And during my most intense trip ever, I threw on Nightmare before Christmas. I started seeing images from the movie in my head and I must have pressed eject like 6 times.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: horror trip [Re: MeThoD]
    #4052611 - 04/13/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

oh yeah, Natural Born Killers would be GREAT for a horror trip! The whole movie was created on shrooms!

NIN "The Fragile" can make for a really cool, dark trip while not forcing you into a bad one...

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: horror trip [Re: dr0mni]
    #4053403 - 04/14/05 02:57 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

And dont forget to watch Blair Witch Project on your way up, and leave into the woods on your peek.    :goodluck:

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: horror trip [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4053409 - 04/14/05 03:02 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Try reading some cool fire and brimstone literature, like the Divine Comedy.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
Re: horror trip [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4054144 - 04/14/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

If you're on a serious mission to screw your own head up, i would highly recommend listening do music made by Akira Yamaoka. He's a Japanese composer who produced the soundtrack and sound effects for all of the Silent Hill games. Some of his tracks really do have the power to scare the sh!t out of you when you're NOT tripping, i'd hate to imagine how it would make you feel if you were!
Its not just like listening to some screechy horror film soundtrack, these tracks are dark audio masterpieces, specifically designed to frighten game players and inflict feelings of mystery, sadness, isolation and fear upon them.
There are also a lot of his other, more "musical" tracks which aren't supposed to be scary and would probably be a lot more suited to tripping. They are dark, ambient, melodic, melancholy and truly addictive pieces of musical storytelling. I know a lot of people will be put off by the thought of listening to video game music, but i think that anyone open minded enough to give it a try would not be disappointed. I collect as much of his work as i can get my hands on and really cannot recommend it highly enough.

Recommended scary tracks: Butterflies, Prayer, I'll kill you
Recommended melodic tracks: Alone in the Town, The Day of Night, Breeze (In Monochrome Night), Dance with the Night Wind

I only hope that i can introduce someone to his music who will enjoy it just as much as i do!

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: horror trip [Re: Dfekt]
    #4054271 - 04/14/05 10:52 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I also enjoy videogame music whilst tripping, though I haven't come across those you mentioned.  I'm more into the classic era of videogames (Commodore 64 videogame remixes).  I still wouldn't mind hearing those you've mentioned though. :smile:

Personally I have found that music can often invoke completely different feelings and moods when tripping to what the same music would do whilst sober.  Sometimes the feelings can be almost opposite to what I may have predicted when setting up a playlist.  The closest to horror I have come is when listening to the Blood videogame soundtrack on my last trip.  I was a little skeptical and set up some a quick and easy mechanism to change it, should I have wished to, but it didn't really scare me a great deal, maybe because I am overly familiar with it.  The scariest it got was a track with a clear loud, but soft voice that makes a very strange moaning sound, and it really pierced through me whilst tripping.

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: horror trip [Re: TurricaN]
    #4057606 - 04/15/05 02:23 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

I wonder what it would be like going to church tripping balls.Not just any church,the Catholic church.I was reading stories about the Pope a few minutes ago and this popped in my head.Anyone ever done it?

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: horror trip [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #4057749 - 04/15/05 04:45 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

sounds like a plan, i'll have to try it sometime.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4060351 - 04/15/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

bad trips aren't fun, dunno why some ppl find it necessary to want to have them. If you want a bad trip, you will get it if you have it coming. I had mine and i thought i permanently fucked up my brain and would remain in a state delirious self-loathing forever. bah... the shrooms really messed me up that time, and i had a low dose too, 1.5 g only. Don't recommened fucking with your mind on purpose, you may get more than you bargained for  :crazy:

OfflineDeviate
Re: horror trip [Re: chodamunky]
    #4060405 - 04/15/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

no, never. i believe such a thing would be very unhealthy for my spiritual wellbeing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder