Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Military pilot arrested for Ecstasy smuggling
    #4052193 - 04/13/05 10:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Military pilot arrested for Ecstasy smuggling
Apr 13, 2005
reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A U.S. Air National Guard pilot and a crew member have been arrested for using official military missions to smuggle millions of dollars worth Ecstasy into the United States, federal authorities said on Wednesday.

Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent Christopher Giovino, who heads the New York organized drug enforcement strike force, said the arrests were part of a long-term, ongoing investigation. He described the men as transporters in a bigger conspiracy but said he could not provide any other details.

Capt. Franklin Rodriguez, a pilot of the U.S. Air Force C-5A "Galaxy" cargo aircraft, and Master Sgt. John Fong, in charge of loading and unloading cargo, were arrested on Tuesday and expected to be presented in Manhattan federal court on Wednesday night.

Officials said some 290,000 Ecstasy pills were found in the defendants' luggage upon their return to the United States. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration Web site, an Ecstasy tablet typically sells between $20 and $30 on the street and its value can be as high as $40.

During questioning by law enforcement authorities, the men admitted to authorities that they had also transported Ecstasy on previous military flights, the complaint stated.

The men are charged with one count of conspiracy to import Ecstasy into the United States and one count of conspiracy to distribute the drug. If convicted, the two men face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $1 million fine on each count.

According to the complaint filed in Manhattan federal court, Rodriguez was the pilot and Fong was the loadmaster on a U.S. Air Force C-5A aircraft last week from the Stewart Air National Guard Base in Newburgh, New York, on an official mission to deliver training supplies to the Republic of Georgia.

On their return, the crew stopped in Germany where the two defendants went to a hotel room and loaded packages of Ecstasy into their luggage, the complaint said.

On Tuesday, after the men landed at the Stewart Air National Guard Base, federal law enforcement agents searched their luggage and found 28 large bags filled with Ecstasy tablets.

Law enforcement agents who interviewed Rodriguez said he admitted transporting Ecstasy on military flights on a number of other occasions and had taken the drug to his Bronx apartment for distribution.

Fong told agents he transported pills with Rodriguez on three prior occasions and was paid $10,000 for each trip. Authorities would not comment on who had paid Fong.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Re: Military pilot arrested for Ecstasy smuggling [Re: veggie]
    #5654185 - 05/20/06 08:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

US military pilot pleads guilty to drug smuggling
May 19, 2006 - reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A U.S. Air National Guard pilot and a crew member pleaded guilty on Friday to using military flights to smuggle millions of dollars worth of the drug Ecstasy into the United States, federal authorities said.

Capt. Franklin Rodriguez and Master Sgt. John Fong pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Manhattan to smuggling more than 200,000 Ecstasy pills in April 2005 on a flight from Germany to a National Guard Base in Newburgh, New York, the U.S. Attorney's office said.

Rodriguez, a pilot of the U.S. Air Force C-5A "Galaxy" cargo aircraft, and Fong, who was in charge of loading and unloading cargo, were arrested last year as part of a larger investigation into importation of Ecstasy, also called MDMA.

The men had been on an official mission to deliver training supplies to the republic of Georgia and on their return stopped in Germany, where they went to a hotel room and loaded packages of Ecstasy into their luggage, according to court documents.

After the men landed at the Stewart Air National Guard Base in New York, federal agents found 28 large bags filled with Ecstasy tablets. Ecstasy sells on the street for as much as $40 a tablet, according to federal drug authorities.

Both men admitted they also transported the same drug on previous flights, the federal criminal complaint said.

As part of the plea, Rodriguez admitted having $725,000 in cash in his New York apartment, authorities said.

They face a maximum of 20 years in prison on each of two counts, one for conspiracy and one for importing the drug, when they are sentenced August 25. Rodriguez also agreed to forfeit $750,000 and a BMW car.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #5656105 - 05/21/06 02:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

SAD  :frown:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OnlineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Military pilot arrested for Ecstasy smuggling [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5660168 - 05/22/06 03:25 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Straight to Fort Levenworth!!

Have fun in the only hard labor camp left in America!!!

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Military pilot arrested for Ecstasy smuggling [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5661154 - 05/22/06 08:09 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

they served our country both on the streets and abroad.. true american hereos right there

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
    #6174734 - 10/16/06 12:46 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

Followup: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15264583/

"Military pilot jailed for trans-Atlantic drug deal"

NEW YORK - A U.S. military pilot who flew a U.S. Air Force jet from New York to Germany to pick up 200,000 pills of Ecstasy was sentenced Friday to 17 1/2 years in prison.

U.S. District Judge John G. Koeltl rejected appeals by defense lawyers for leniency for Capt. Franklin Rodriguez of the U.S. Air National Guard.

Koeltl said the sentence was appropriate for "a particularly egregious and despicable crime."

"He took these actions while other members of the military are over there bravely fighting for our country," Koeltl said.

Rodriguez, 36, and Master Sgt. John Fong, 37, of the U.S. Air National Guard had pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, admitting their roles in the April 2005 flight. Fong is awaiting sentencing.

"I just chose the wrong thing and my family suffered," Rodriguez said before he was sentenced. "I loved my job, that I served my country, and I'm sorry for what I've done," he said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott L. Marrah told Koeltl that Rodriguez had repeatedly flown drugs on military flights, bringing hundreds of thousands of Ecstasy pills into the United States aboard cargo aircraft.

He said more than $700,000 in cash was found in a safe in Rodriguez's Bronx apartment.

Rodriguez, the pilot, and Fong, a load master, both of New York City, were arrested after flying the Air Force plane from Stewart Air National Guard Base in Newburgh, N.Y., to Germany and returning to Newburgh.

Ecstasy is a synthetic drug considered part hallucinogen, part amphetamine.

Offlinei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lala land Flag
Re: Military pilot arrested for Ecstasy smuggling [Re: Ythan]
    #6174963 - 10/16/06 02:34 PM (11 years, 4 days ago)

That airport is not far from me.. Thats crazy..

--------------------
:sporedrop:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service