Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Incense, Kava Kava, Morning Glory Seeds, Peruvian Torch, Portable Greenhouse, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
my local nursery
    #4051484 - 04/13/05 06:53 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Took a cruise to my local nursery for the first time this year. Last year i went and got a nice peruvian torch, and some datura. I guess they stopped selling datura plants, understandably, haha, but i wanted a couple. I found lots of cool ethnos i plan on buying up within the next week, including a 6' pedro with 2 2' footers alongside it!!! Here's some of the cool things i found in this enormous nursery:

Nicotiana rustica
Nicotiana tobaccum
Ashwaganda
Kava Kava
Peruvian torch
San pedro
Cereus peruvianus (still a really neat cactus reguardless of the alkaloid content)
Salvia Officianales (incense sage, used for blessings and such)
Coleus blumeii

I'm sure i missed a couple, could only stay an hour or so, they might even still be selling datura. My new greenhouse (purchased from the marketplace) is gonna be a sweet home for all my new plants! I'll be sure to get some pics up after my purchases.

Right now all i have growing is a huge patch of Phalaris grass, some N. rustica, and some Trich. peruvianus seedlings.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A Flag
Re: my local nursery [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4051537 - 04/13/05 07:04 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

kava kava really? id liek to get my hands on one of those.  :smile:

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: my local nursery [Re: the man]
    #4051543 - 04/13/05 07:05 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Kadakuda also wanted a kava kava plant, and i'm down for trades. I'd never seen one before today, so it was cool. Check PM's man.

--------------------

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4051544 - 04/13/05 07:06 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Awesome! Sounds like a well stocked nursery. I'd love to work there. I'd come home with cuttings and seeds, and start my own. :smile:
Aren't you worried a fellow ethno-enthusiast might snatch up all the good plants?

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: my local nursery [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4051563 - 04/13/05 07:11 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Lol, i am very eager at snatching up all those goodies, but there's this beautiful san pedro that's been there for over a year. Now what ethno enthusiast wouldn't snatch up such a beautiful san pedro?! :laugh:

Also, i forgot to add in my initial post: The price for this huge 6' pedro with 2 little pedros, is 100 bucks, written on a little ID plastic thing sticking in the dirt. I thought about taking the little plastic dealy from a smaller san pedro and sticking it in there. I don't think they'd notice. Any input?

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: my local nursery [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4051586 - 04/13/05 07:15 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Any info on Ashwaganda,chemical make up and properties would be greatly appreciaded...

Now two very interesting plants are Coleus Blumei and Phalaris.

ON Coleus : many people say its psychoacive, the locals that knew salvia related coleus to her .I think the named it Ninio,the baby.Salvia was the Mother and another plant the father.Keep in mind that this has nothing to do with breeding ,but how locals viewed this plant...I have yet to hear of experiments with coleus extracts...

ON phalaris :Now here is a mystery plant...Everyone knows its name,everyones knows it contains tryptamines,everyone says it has a high concentration of tryptamines but NOONE GIVES US A FREAKING BIOASSAY!!!!!!!! Well i gues this is a "common ailment" of the psychedelic community,people rarely improvise(examples : still snorting yopo,not many people smoke its EXTRACTS,those who smoke it stick to the whole seeds.Everyone knows of phalaris noone tries it out...)

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
    #4051597 - 04/13/05 07:19 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Bro, don't switch price tags. You're pretty lucky to find such a cacti.. why cheat it? I definitely wouldn't do it.

Nice find, great nursery. Hope you have fun and it turns out well

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: my local nursery [Re: zSDMF]
    #4051628 - 04/13/05 07:29 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

ide switch the tags, growing living things shouldn't have a price anyways. but since they do why not pay less if possible?  :smile:

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: my local nursery [Re: zSDMF]
    #4051632 - 04/13/05 07:29 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Psiloman: I know a few people who have extracted phalaris grass on a few occasions, but i can't find good info on the net about it, so good point. Coleus blumeii also interests me, and i still haven't read the uses for it other than it being a cool decorative plant.

zSDMF: I agree, it sort of would be cheating it. I guess the price is right for such a huge cactus. If i can't afford that one, i might buy a smaller one.

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #4051636 - 04/13/05 07:31 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

addition to my above post: and spend the rest of what you would have buying nutes and supplies to keep it happy  :cool:

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: my local nursery [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4052555 - 04/14/05 12:12 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

:lol: I work at a nursery, I know your kind :evil:

I love calling people out on tag switching...

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: my local nursery [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4052575 - 04/14/05 12:23 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

You are not paying for the plant, rather the effort and materials and time it took to make it achieve its current state of perfection.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: my local nursery [Re: whatever123]
    #4053489 - 04/14/05 06:50 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah, don't cheat the guy selling it. He's gotta make a living!
I might think differently if it was way over-priced, but $100 doesn't seem too bad for such a big plant!

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: my local nursery [Re: Psiloman]
    #4053653 - 04/14/05 09:04 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Psiloman said:
ON phalaris :Now here is a mystery plant...Everyone knows its name,everyones knows it contains tryptamines,everyone says it has a high concentration of tryptamines but NOONE GIVES US A FREAKING BIOASSAY!!!!!!!! Well i gues this is a "common ailment" of the psychedelic community,people rarely improvise(examples : still snorting yopo,not many people smoke its EXTRACTS,those who smoke it stick to the whole seeds.Everyone knows of phalaris noone tries it out...)

I think the psychedelic community has given up on this one, it's just not desirable enough. Reading Entheogen Review in the mid nineties it was all about phalaris, as I remember a large portion of the bio assays where either smoked A/B material or ayahuasca analogs. Then the interest in the community for this one has steadily declined.

Or the content of the Review was just a reflection of the editor Jim Dekornes ego as he viewed inhalation of phalaris extracts as his own brainchild.

Edited by Young_but_cool (04/14/05 09:11 AM)

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
Re: my local nursery [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #4055868 - 04/14/05 07:37 PM (12 years, 11 days ago)

Salvia officinalis is the spice sage and can be found in every grocery store. Plants should be available at all big boxes now.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: my local nursery [Re: nookjohn]
    #4066101 - 04/17/05 07:33 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

A few hours ago i strolled down to Paulino Gardens again, with some cash in my pocket this time. Couldn't afford that monstrous San Pedro, but oh well, i'd rather grow my own little one to that height anyways. I did buy a pedro though, and it's so beautiful and healthy, i can't stop looking at it in awe. I'll have a digi-cam most likely tomorrow to take some pics of my new prized posessions.

Other sweet plants i bought:

Echinacea
Kava Kava
Ashwaganda
Nicotiana tobaccum
Nicotiana rustica (already grow it, but figured i'd try their strain out)
Patchouli (so i can make my own hippy oil, haha)

Hopefully i'll start some new plants here quickly, and find more plants to buy. My greenhouse is coming soon, can't wait for it.

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

#4066250 - 04/17/05 08:35 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

What fertilizers would you guys recommend i buy for my plants and san pedro? I live in Colorado and i'm wondering if i can plant some of these beauties outside, anybody know if they'll grow well this high up (mile high as they call this place, 5,285 ft. high). I also would like to take my cactus outside, but don't want to sunburn or hurt it. Should i build a little screen box or something so i can take it out there?

Also, anyone know of any good plant growing books i should pick up? I've grown plants for a few years now, but still am not too savvy. I plan on having a career in horticulture/botany in the future, but i don't see it happening right now, i'm not too good with plants.

I had a few more questions, but they've slipped my mind while typing this. I'll add as i remember them...please help, lol, i'm in need. Thanks

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

#4089231 - 04/23/05 07:22 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Received some new additions to my greenhouse today :laugh: I got 1 Wormwood plant, 16 Heavenly Blue Morning Glories, and a Lemon Verbena plant (smells so damn good). Also got a bunch of neat seeds in the mail, Syrian Rue, B. Caapi, Yopo, and HBWR. I still need to get a digi-cam so i can show off all of my babies. I should have my greenhouse set up by monday.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Incense, Kava Kava, Morning Glory Seeds, Peruvian Torch, Portable Greenhouse, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden