Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Man gets 30 days for selling mushrooms blamed in death
    #4050375 - 04/13/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Hallucinogenic drug blamed in death of 19-year-old man
April 13, 2005
news-herald.com

Fred Bucci waited nearly two years to hear some genuine remorse from the man police say is responsible for his son's death.
But on Tuesday, the Mayfield Heights man left Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court disappointed.

Bucci's son, 19-year-old Daniel Bucci, was shot and killed by Mayfield Heights police in July 2003 after running down the street naked with a knife.

At the time, Daniel Bucci was suspected of being under the influence of hallucinogenic mushrooms, sold to him by Matthew Palinkas, a 24-year-old Chester Township man.

"Our son is gone, and it's a great loss. We live in pain," Fred Bucci said of himself and his wife. "As Christian people, our prayer for (Palinkas) is that he would repent. Our prayer is not justice for this young man, but true repentance in his heart. Vengeance is for the Lord."

Judge Michael J. Russo sentenced Palinkas to 30 days in jail for selling the mushrooms to the victim, but Fred Bucci said he would have rather seen a heartfelt apology.

After mumbling something about "politicians and bureaucrats," Palinkas composed himself and said, "I respectfully decline to make a statement."

His attorney, Paul Daiker of Cleveland, said Palinkas, who pleaded no contest to the charges but was found guilty, plans to appeal the guilty verdict, partly because prosecutors failed to prove the drugs caused Bucci's behavior and subsequent death.

"Daniel Bucci - a 19-year-old man - died as a result of ingesting the drugs (Palinkas) sold," Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Sean Jones argued. "There's apparently no remorse, as he's now claiming he didn't do these crimes."

Russo could have sentenced Palinkas to a maximum of 11 years in prison but said there was not enough evidence the mushrooms had anything to do with Daniel Bucci's death. "Although there was a terrible result from the drug sale, there was no definite link," the judge said.
In addition, Palinkas had no prior criminal record as an adult.

However, the judge did put several restrictions on Palinkas.
He will begin serving two years of community control - the new term for probation - after his jail sentence. He also must be tested for drugs twice a month, get a part-time job and his GED or high school diploma, and be evaluated by a drug counselor.

"You reach a point where you have to finish your education, get a job and get out of your parents' basement," the judge lectured Palinkas.
If he violates any of those terms, Palinkas will be sentenced to prison for one year.

Bucci's death occurred in the early morning of July 31, 2003, after officers responded to complaints of a naked white male running down Mayfair Avenue, breaking windows and screaming.

A female officer shot him in the stomach after he punched the glass on her cruiser and tried to stab her, according to reports.
Fred Bucci said he hopes Palinkas will come out of jail a better person.

"My concern is that Mr. Palinkas understands he's not just sorry he got caught, that he understands he violated God's ways," the father said. "I was a drug abuser when I was younger, and things can be turned around."

Fred Bucci said he's been clean for 25 years, and now has his own successful heating and cooling business.
He described his son as a loving, intelligent person who made a bad decision by experimenting with drugs.

"I don't minimize the fact that my son chose to take those drugs," he said. "Our faith in the Lord is that God will bring beauty out of ashes."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Man gets 30 days for selling mushrooms blamed in death [Re: veggie]
    #4050417 - 04/13/05 01:03 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

"Daniel Bucci - a 19-year-old man - died as a result of ingesting the drugs (Palinkas) sold," Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Sean Jones argued.

:eek:

WHAT?!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4050689 - 04/13/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

This man is in no way responsible for another legal adult's irresponsible actions. I believe it is the cop's fault who shot him in the stomach, and she should be blamed for the death of this irresponsible drug user.

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
Re: Man gets 30 days for selling mushrooms blamed in death [Re: DNKYD]
    #4053429 - 04/14/05 03:29 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I believe it is the cop's fault who shot him in the stomach,

so self defense is a crime these days? you did read about how the kid was trying to stab her right?

perhaps the parents should realize that shit happens. or that maybe god just didnt like thier kid.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4053530 - 04/14/05 05:21 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

> "Daniel Bucci - a 19-year-old man - died as a result of ingesting the drugs (Palinkas) sold," Assistant Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Sean Jones argued.

No, the 19-year-old man - died as a result of a gun shot wound inflicted by an over-zealous police officer.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleThe_Green_Glow
i consume yasoul

Re: Man gets 30 days for selling mushrooms blamed in death [Re: Seuss]
    #4053561 - 04/14/05 05:49 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I think that the woman should have been more responsible and shot the man in the leg or arm. She shot to kill, but she can claim self defense all she wants to, but what she did was more then "defense", that was intentional murder. It was just a knife that she could have driven away from, then got out to yell freeze and of course if he didnt listen, shoot him in the leg or arm.

People do not think when they are scared, they just act. She should have thought and simply shot him in the shoulder or arm if anything, especially being an officer.

--------------------
"are you goin to hell or heaven? did you walk with the sinners or pray with the reverend? tell the truth i did a little of both, but aint no tellin where im goin til my bodies a ghost." --Twiztid

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Man gets 30 days for selling mushrooms blamed in death [Re: The_Green_Glow]
    #4060799 - 04/15/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

green glow, lets put you in the situation and see what happens. I am not justifying the officer, but shit like that happens. the stupid fuck should have handled his drugs and not freaked out.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Man gets 30 days for selling mushrooms blamed in death [Re: derx]
    #4061247 - 04/16/05 12:05 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

yeah, I wouldn't blame the officer either. If the guy had already punched out her window and was trying to stab her, there isn't much else to do. I wouldn't bet my life on some pepper spray in a situation like that. On another note though, we need more judges like the one in this case.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom