Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek
    #405017 - 09/26/01 03:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I would like to show everybody something. The following pics were taken from the "spores" page of the Mycro-Tek website. http://www.myco-tek.com/SporePage.html.

First the original pic of the "Koh Samui(T3)" as it shown on the website.

Now let's mirror this pic and enlarge it.

And finally cut a piece out.

Now compare this pic to the one shown as "Pink Buffalo KS".

Everyone can see that this pic is from the same bunch of mushrooms, only the picture was taken under a slightly different angle and some mushrooms were removed for the "Pink Buffalo KS" photo.

I notifief Mcman personally about two weeks ago because i think these matters should be discussed in private before posting them on a public board. I got an immediate response; he said to remove the duplicate pics (yes there were more doubles) and that he had only done it to help out Ralph. He did so the next day, but he "forgot" these images.

I know very well that i might get flamed now, for criticising the "competition", but i'll take that risk.
I am not posting this for personal gain as i think that we are not losing many customers at this moment to myco-tek.com. And i can honestly say that the pictures we have on our website are truly pictures of the strains we sell.

The whole vendor system is largely based on trust between customer and vendor. People sent money (often cash by unregistered mail) and then trust the seller to supply them with a good product (now i am not saying that you don't have good products.........................), but a customer also trusts that a vendor will not give them false information or in this case false pics.

I think competition is good. It forces everyone to keep the quality and service up while keeping the prices reasonable. But competition should be fair i think and that's the reason why i'm adressing this. People are being deceived no matter how you turn it.

Una

Need spores? We got spores!
Visit MUSHMUSH
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Una]
    #405064 - 09/26/01 03:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

All I can say is that is sneaky shit besides being a mispresentation of their products for sale. I thought we were to expect better from these two individuals who have been a big part of this community for a long time. I know there is gonna be some lame excuse for using these same pics for different strains but it still comes down to "false advertising" and "trust".
Why was it necessary to mislead us? What else are we being mislead about? "Shame, shame...."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#405116 - 09/26/01 04:27 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #405124 - 09/26/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for pointing that out.

Larry

I'm only a man
In a silly red sheet
digging for kyptonite on this one way street

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #405164 - 09/26/01 05:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

weird, though id say (im prolly wrong, not good at computer stuff like some) that it looks like something was *added*, not taken away? strange.

i understand about the falsifying (accidentally or not) of pics, and how that reflects on a business, but i personally i dont think that this is "outright" misrepresentation- unless someones not getting the strains they request, or if the vendor actually doesnt carry a particular strain but advertises that they do. a pic is simply illustrative, and though the image/looks of a particular cub may influence the buyer one over another- ultimately i believe the surrounding "hype" and writeup of the particular strains (by the vendors themselves, and by the community at large), and not the pics, influence the buyer more. of course, the rep of the seller is important as well... and nice pics do influence the buyer to be sure- we all like to look at pics (evinced by the large amt of views in the pics forum). this does cast an unsavory shadow on the spore division (many of us would never have noticed this, and i thank una for bringing it up). but, i want to put my 02 as a buyer unrelated to vendors that though it may seem somewhat deceptive, it is not the only factor a buyer uses to decide on what strain.

but then again- as a hypothetical buyer- i am swayed by impressive pics (that somehow imply/reflect on how "good" of a vendor someone is, what skills they possess, etc.), which these are... and if theyre not accurate, this adversely affects the other vendors in the arena more than the potential buyer. i am an advocate for the free market economy as far as this community is concerned... the vendors are the ones affected adversely however, and not so much the buyers at large. at least from my perspective... not that the effect on vendors is worth "less" than that of buyers, but i do believe it is different and i also do believe it should be carried out fairly (as una has alluded to) among them. and as i said- i do believe this to be a vendor issue and their opinions are the ones i would value most in this discussion... since they are the ones affected, more than the individual buyer.

i dont know where i land on this. but it seems bad tidings. i always admired how well the vendors in the community have interacted not only with the community, but other vendors (save a few exceptions). id hate to see this turn badly. but i thank those who have made this public- i dont believe in flame wars but its a legitimate post and questioning of business practices.

i dont know where i land on this; i guess i will more when i read others opinions, since i really dont believe it affects me personally.

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: oscill8]
    #405353 - 09/26/01 07:51 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: ralphster44]
    #405365 - 09/26/01 07:59 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Woah Ralph, I don't think anyone is saying anything bad about you guys, just that using incorrect pictures isn't liked by these guys who make this their living.

We know your good people, I'm sure that if you asked you could get the correct pictures you need. But the issue is real since those pics aren't correct.

Its not a big deal, but I think Una and psilocyber are right to bring this to your attention. They don't mean anything against you personally, just want it fixed thats all.

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: oscill8]
    #405366 - 09/26/01 08:00 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: McMan]
    #405374 - 09/26/01 08:08 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think mcman you missed both psilocyber and Una's points. They said you are good people and that this isn't meant as an attack on your character. They do however feel mis-representation of those pics is a bad thing, they have the right to feel this way.

Either way, it was being brought to your attention to make it right, whats so wrong with that?

In reply to:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be only the competition that studied the spore page so close as to pick any irregularities out from our products

I think Una and psilocyber probably have a great eye for these things, its just easier for people like them to pick out irregularities as compared to the average joe.

In reply to:

Well, thanks for the informative observation guys! You got me! I'm busted! Now what? Well, now I apologize for having to stretch out the material that I had to work with when I assembled Ralphster's spore division page. And I'm sorry for being as creative as I did, as I was only trying to help Ralph sell his spores (that is the point of the spore page!) and I didn't think that it was a serious shroomer crime to use the KS as a rep for the PB/KS, in fact I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME THING!! So, yes, I did it! But, believe me when I say that Ralph WAS NOT AWARE of this. Blame me, NOT Ralph for this.

Again, they just wanted it corrected, and if you feel its the same strain why not just call it the same or explain calmly your reasons. Una contacted you 2 weeks ago, did you tell him this also?

I'm sorry you got so mad mcman, I don't think psilocyber and Una meant any harm to your business, just wanted you to be accurate with your pics, that sounds reasonable.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#405424 - 09/26/01 08:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I just think it's funny when people say criticize their competition and try to say it's not a business thing, not about criticizing the competition.

If you want to call a spade a spade, then do it all around.

http://www.captainjackmusic.com

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Captain Jack]
    #405471 - 09/26/01 09:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Welp, there is only one solution to this problem. Everybody must eat shrooms!!!

Leaf

Anonymous

#405472 - 09/26/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not the least bit surprised....

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Thor]
    #405479 - 09/26/01 09:19 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Im a fan of McMan as much as you guys are (but I cant afford his product yet) however, I dont like to see photo's being leeched and used to sell someone else's product. Sure it's fine to link a pic to a member's profile, as so many do here. But when money is involved the rules change.

No ofense McMan. Your a kewel dude from what I have seen and read. We all fuck up, I know that I do.

>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer on 09/26/01 10:44 PM.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: psilocyber]
    #405493 - 09/26/01 09:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I also noticed it awhile back. I laughed.

Yet another reason not to be my neighbor.
For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #405529 - 09/26/01 09:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineWhat_Guy
"Forget ME Not"

#405546 - 09/26/01 09:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

YA,That F**KING G*D D*M **** ****** ******* And That F**king **** **** ******,No just kiding,YOUR DO A GREAT JOB BUD !!!!!

Go get your self a $1 print at the FSR
Shroom tea got me all fryed up

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

Edited by What_Guy on 09/26/01 10:58 PM.

--------------------
Shroom tea got me all fryed up

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #405587 - 09/26/01 10:31 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone makes mistakes but a person should be able to admit it, apologize, learn something from it and now we should move on and not drag this out. Thankyou Una for bringing this to our attention and thankyou McMan for admitting you made a mistake.

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Una]
    #405595 - 09/26/01 10:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #405640 - 09/26/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i dont think we can really call these "attacks" though.

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: oscill8]
    #405656 - 09/26/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I hardly consider legitimate thoughts from the three most respected Amateur Mycologists/spore vendors that have contributed more information to the community than anyone attacks. I fail to see how anyone with a clue would have anything but the utmost respect for Una, Sporeworks, or Anno.

I definately trust their judgement and am confident that their actions are NOT motivated by greed. They set the example of what other vendors should strive for.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag