Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekingboomerDiscord
smurfhouse archetect
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High!!!! Flag
Symbiosis theory
    #4049676 - 04/13/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:mushroom2:  I've been toying with the notion of supplementing a mushroom grow, using pot plants for o2.  The idea is to introduce a PMP into a grow room with 3-4 plants in it.  My theory is this:
more o2=more (or better) shrooms
more co2=more (or better) buds
my only restriction right now is space for plants.  Any and all info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. :mushroom2:

-Kingboomer

--------------------
Hole in the sky/
take me to heaven..
window in time/
through it I'll fly...

-Black Sabbath

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: Symbiosis theory [Re: kingboomer]
    #4049685 - 04/13/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you will be increasing the risk for contams if you do this.

if you want oxygen for your shrooms, you might want to check with local gas companies and see how much they charge for a tank of oxygen. usually, you can put down a deposit for the tank and only pay for the gas inside. you can run a hose to the fruiting chamber and keep contamination down. the downside of this is that it is not symbiosis.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflinekingboomerDiscord
smurfhouse archetect
Male User Gallery

Re: Symbiosis theory [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4049697 - 04/13/05 09:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If I introduce a PMP closed and filtered into the grow room, there would be no risk of contams for either species. I guess it would be more like a co2 generator for the plants, and the plants would be like an o2 generator for the shrooms. Maybe this isn't exactly symbiosis I'm atttempting, but I believe the theory is sound.

--------------------
Hole in the sky/
take me to heaven..
window in time/
through it I'll fly...

-Black Sabbath

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4049699 - 04/13/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

MOFUCKERS NEED TO DO A DAMNED SEARCH. Just 10 posts down theres a thread been going on for days entitled "Symbiosis Q". And this is thought of a few times a week, so a search (changing the date of course) would result you in a thousand more posts on this topic getting the views of everyone who feels the need to comment on it, without starting another pointless thread.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4043150/an/0/page/0

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

#4049702 - 04/13/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ok, i think i understand what you meant.
you're just putting a pmp in a room with plants.
you're keeping the pod sealed, not exposing the contents to the room.

if you do this, keep things clean and keep the bugs away. the plants might attract bugs that could also munch on your mycelium.

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Re: Symbiosis theory [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4049707 - 04/13/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

he knows about that thread.
he posted in it.

--------------------

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4049723 - 04/13/05 10:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

IN THEORY THIS WOULD BE MY PLAN: do 1 casing tray and put it in the center of the fruiting container. with the sides of the tub open, put as many plants in there as you can squeeze. I would use solo cups or something similar. Now cups are easy because you can take saran wrap and poke a hole big enough for the plant to go through and place that over the cup to keep the dirt and it's contams with the dirt. you could twist the saran wrap slightly to keep it against the stalk of the plant. Another up side is you could take them out and water them when need be and not open the cup around the mushies. Any input???

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4049736 - 04/13/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I'm sure he felt because his idea is slightly different, he'd make a new post..however had he done a search, he wouldve found that this variation has been talked about and theorized about as well..although you dont have his idea down..he's talking about 2 seperate grow chambers, with hoses connecting them and a fan in the middle interchanging air...but with a filter too to stop contams from going from one to the other while still allowing oxygen and co2 to pass freely between them.

And he's also posting because its Bud plants probably...however they require more co2 then mushrooms would give off, and you'd starve them for co2 if this was done and there was no fresh air being introduced. And if there was it wouldnt be like a co2 generator anymore.

I just got a little pissed at the start of this, because all of the information I just posted, and more, has been posted hundreds of times in the last year.. dont mind me though...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
    #4049754 - 04/13/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi King!

Actually I have a closet grow going on right now, and I gave though to this theory before.

The only way this will work if you are growing a fair amount mushrooms. Two 4 foot pot plants will provide enough 02 for about 3 or 4 tubs (by my calculations). However, in order for CO2 to have any effect on the marijuana plants it needs to be entroduced to the atmosphere atleast at 1000 ppm, not to mention that this 1000 ppm (at the minimum) has to be constant. If the supply of CO2 to the pot is not constant, then it will simply not do much benefit. So unless you are growing a closetful of shrooms you can forget about it (my opinion).
If you have a few pot plants going though, the air is great for shrooms, lots and lots of 02.

Pluto

Edited by Plutonium (04/13/05 10:17 AM)

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

#4049761 - 04/13/05 10:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
although you dont have his idea down..he's talking about 2 seperate grow chambers, with hoses connecting them and a fan in the middle interchanging air

where did he say this? i just reread his posts. he said he's introducing plants into his grow room, but i see nothing about two seperate chambers, fans or hoses. is that in a different thread?

Quote:

I got a little pissed at the start of this, because all of the information I just posted, and more, has been posted hundreds of times in the last year..

well, that's how this forum works and it's never going to change. that's why i don't post here much anymore. you can leave for two years. when you come back, the same set of posts will be on the fist page. :smirk:

just remember, there's always a new crop of noobs coming through and they need the same help we needed to start off.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4049780 - 04/13/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"a PMP closed and filtered into the grow room"

A closed PMP. A grow room. Somehow the air filtered into it. I said hoses with a fan in between the chamber because that is the basic way to introduce filtered air from a closed PMP into "the grow room". I was trying to give you a basic idea and picture of his setup...he might not do it exactly like that...but its the same principle.

I know how things are here..but that doesnt mean I can't yell at the newbies coming through needing the same help, when they couldve found it through a search. Even as a newbie I never asked this question, or if dog or cat shit could be used. I had both of those ideas though, and I searched for them...and found my answers. Anyone else could do the same. I know yelling doesnt help, but I like it :frown:

--------------------

OfflinekingboomerDiscord
smurfhouse archetect
Male User Gallery

#4053687 - 04/14/05 07:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:mushroom2: Thanks guys for the input (and the thrashing). 

Plutonium: you hit it on the head.  Thanks for the info on pot growing.  Maybe I'll keep it small, like one plant to a 96qt mushroom pod, to see how that works.

scatmanrav:  I realize this looks like a noob post, and it is in part.  However, I've been here for a coupple of years, and I feel I'm well versed on the art of mushroom growing.  Just because a guy makes 96 posts a day doesn't make him an expert.

-Kingboomer

--------------------
Hole in the sky/
take me to heaven..
window in time/
through it I'll fly...

-Black Sabbath

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #4053722 - 04/14/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

>Just because a guy makes 96 posts a day doesn't make him an expert.

I dont claim to be an expert, however I'm not an OTD post whore or anything. My posts have mostly all been here, in mushroom cultivation. And if I've made this many posts, you can imagine how many I've read. This DOES make me know this forum pretty damned well and know what topics come up, how often and which ones actually made it beyond the drawing board, and which failed. I read just about every topic that comes into both mushroom cultivation forums. Again, I am FAR from an expert, still a newbie myself as far as mushroom cultivation...however this forum, I know pretty damned well....I was just trying to offer up that knowledge...I've seen this attempted in a number of ways and thought about in a number of ways...dozens and dozens...nothings succeeded yet...either dropped at the drawing board phase or when applied to the real world...either way...thats all I was saying. Sorry if I sounded like an asshole or condescending while doing it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract