Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions
    #4048704 - 04/13/05 01:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Did shrooms for the first time last night (fucking aweosme), and I had a few questions about the experience.

First, the whole time I was on them, I felt short of breath. I was constantly having to breath deeply. This a normal side effect?

Second, when I started to come down I got very lazy. I just wanted to sit there, and not move at all. It was sooo hard to do something simple like reach down to grab something. Is the comedown always like this?

Third, I wasn't hungry the entire time I was tripping, even though I hadn't eaten in a while. Is this an effect caused by the shrooms?

By the way, dose was 1.7g of Cubensis.

Thanks for the help =0)

Edited by DirtyHippie (04/13/05 01:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: ]
    #4048833 - 04/13/05 02:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

glad you had a good time bro.

Well, i get whatever i start to think of. If you think your short of breath...then you start to breath more and more. For me it was my throat. It felt tickle in the back.

And about the comedown. Yeah, i wouldn't call it lazy...i would call it trancy...i just sit there and go into a trance.
Hunger is never on my mind when i trip. Its normal not to eat during a trip..and not be hungry after that. But i love a nice meal after a good trip. Forgive me if i wrote bad..very, very, faded.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4048977 - 04/13/05 03:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

on my friend's first time, she had difficulty swallowing. i guess that's similar to the breathing thing. i doubt you'll have that problem if you shroom again.

when i come down, i just sit around and smoke weed. so yeah, pretty lazy.

eating doesn't usually cross my mind while i'm tripping.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: alsey]
    #4049010 - 04/13/05 03:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah...that swallowing thing got me on one of my higher doses...didn't go away until i came down. Maybe my throat flared up or something

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: Toddo]
    #4060184 - 04/15/05 06:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the constant swallowing thing got me on my last shroom trip as well. had to keep doing it for some reason. it didnt take away from the trip at all though, i was in a forest near my house taking in all the beauty. it's hard for anything to bother me on a trip in that type of setting.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: SuperD]
    #4060729 - 04/15/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't get short of breath, but everyone is different. As long as you CAN breath at all your fine, and everything you experianced is completely normal.

I usually get super thirsty and phlegmy, but if I try to drink water or cough it makes me almost vomit, so I just put up with it. I also get twitchy muscles during the comeup

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: dr0mni]
    #4060733 - 04/15/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I tend to breathe heavier during the onset of trips, not sure if my breathing is really heavier or my perception of it is altered.  :shrug: It's probably a mix of both.

--------------------

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4062001 - 04/16/05 09:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

with the breathing, i experienced a feeling of that a bit during my first shroom trip (might just be altered perception though as above guy said ^
I've also experienced that feeling after having some weed (even not all that much) although it doesn't usually last a whole long time. I did manage to notice, when i had it on weed, that i actually wasn't out of breath, so i figured it was in my head or something. Probably the same with mushrooms.

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: newjon]
    #4062186 - 04/16/05 10:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Alterations in breathing are common using entheogens. Sometimes that can apparently be an integral part of the experience.

Dr. Stan Grof, a pioneer in LSD psychotherapy, later went on to study use of breathing to produce altered states without drugs. Yogis, of course, have been using breath to reach higher states for thousands of years.

So if you feel the urge to breathe more deeply that could be a good sign--something to maybe relax into and go with. You might adjust your posture to facilitate breathing even more. Do a little online reading on "kundalini" and see what you think.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

#4062290 - 04/16/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome man... I had a AMAZING trip last night too. I now know what its like to be insane for a few hours  :smile: I had the same thing happened about 3 hours into it I couldnt move and my whole body felt like it was melting and floating the whole time.  :mushroom2:

Anonymous

Re: First Time Shrooming Last Night - Now Some Questions [Re: dfslkfsd]
    #4062777 - 04/16/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Haha thanks for all the replies everyone. Now that I think of it the breathing thing probably was more of a perception thing. I like that idea that heavier breathing can be a good thing.

I'm so happy right now because we're starting our second (hopefully successful) grow. 12 PF B+ jars going into a casing. Mmmm can't wait.

Have a great Saturday and as always..
peace!

=0)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale