Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

herbs and spirituality
    #4048585 - 04/13/05 12:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my girlfriend and i discovered a small bohemian-owned/operated store with many different herbs and oils, a bead bar that would please any necklace-weavers out there, spiritual/meditative music cds, books, incense, the usual stuff..

anyway, the abundance of herbs and our purchase of a sage smudge-stick leads me to ask: what is the significance of the sage and smudging ritual? apparently, it's an ancient ritual? it seems very intriguing and i'm interested in learning more about it and other things like it to aid in meditation and soothe the body/mind..

i find these things to help with the tripping process which is the original reason i came to these boards to begin with and i'm sure the same can be said for most of you. i would definitely like to try the smudging ceremony before my next trip and see if it makes any difference to me..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: herbs and spirituality [Re: idiotek]
    #4048654 - 04/13/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Spirituality is about growth and maturity; not accessories and ritual.

*Swami hides his lava lamp*

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: herbs and spirituality [Re: Swami]
    #4048801 - 04/13/05 01:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

heh, i like lava lamps .. but totally for aesthetic purposes, i swear. :wink:

didn't mean to come across that way but i definitely agree with you..  perhaps my choice of words could have been better. 

i was intrigued by the stories behind these herbs which i find pleasurable and calming, and i've been rummaging through google finds about these things having been used by natives for spiritual purposes.

anyway, i'm not really arguing with you.. just expounding on my original idea.  thanks for your sage advice.  no pun intended.

although i, personally, wouldn't consider the use of a particular herb that is reputed for its soothing properties to be detrimental to the entire process of growing spiritually..  i'd put it as something akin to using mushrooms but on a much much smaller scale.

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4048807 - 04/13/05 02:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The smudging ceremony would certainly help you prepare mentaly. It's a great thing to do going into a trip.

--------------------

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4049538 - 04/13/05 08:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Spirituality is about growth and maturity; not accessories and ritual.

*Swami hides his lava lamp*

I agree with you in theory. It would be nice for our realities to automatically reflect whatever we desire. But the fact of the matter is we have to actively go out and change it, or we have to perform magic ritual. Even if we have to think it, that's a metaphysical symbol/sigil, a mental ritual. Such is the result of conscious symbolic thought.

But to the poster, you can do without it. It is, after all, just a ritual. And what happens if you get smudge in your eye?

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#4050154 - 04/13/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ask your self why you have the desire to "purchase" spirituality and participate in the Spectacle...

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: herbs and spirituality [Re: Vvellum]
    #4050359 - 04/13/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i'd rather buy it and support the nice bohemian lady than steal it, or buy it from some competing mass-marketed company with less quality. and it's not like i can just go make my own.

also, i would burn those things regardless because i think they smell good. if they were meaningless or had no further history with regards to use by certain cultures in ritualistic or spiritual purposes i would still enjoy their use to simply get rid of the dingy smell of cigarettes around my place.

i don't really understand what you mean by "purchasing" sprituality. read my post again and you'll notice that I'm more interested in learning the backgrounds of these herbs and what other people have believed about them for ages. i'm not sure what "spectacle" you're talking about either.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4052219 - 04/13/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

They are used to cleanse the air of negative energy.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale