Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
MSG and fibromyalgia?
    #4048562 - 04/13/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone know where I can find some scientifically sound information linking the two together. I keep reading about studies that were done on the two, however cannot find any of the actual studies. If anyone could help me find some info it would be great.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: MSG and fibromyalgia? [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #4051074 - 04/13/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A search of pubmed reveals only 1 citation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...t_uids=11408989

You'll need to be at a university (or someplace with institutional access)to get the article.

A search of "google scholar" http://scholar.google.com/ gets more hits, although I'm not sure of the relevance. In general, pubmed is the database to search for accurate and professional journal publications.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4053150 - 04/14/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sure thing. Current study on Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue syndrome is focusing on the neurological system and in particular the relation between these two disorders and migraines. FOr a start, most people with CFS, Fibromyalgia or related conditions have neurological overexcitability - they have an overactive response to standing, have frequent migraines, have overactive reflexes when tested, etc.
If CFS and Fibro. were both a neurological condition, and are indeed related to migraine activity, MSG is one of the main triggers of migraines.
FOr me, I have a related condition called POTS - where basically I have low blood volume - as do many with a variety of conditions including CFS - and it is a neurological condition that causes an overactive response by my sympathetic nervous system to orthostatic stress (standing and exercising). I get migraines with it, and all migraine trigger foods like MSG, cheese, yeast and red wine trigger its symptoms in me.

Doctors are now thinking that CFS and Fibro are some how connected to migraines so avoid migraine trigger foods!

--------------------

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: MSG and fibromyalgia? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #4082889 - 04/21/05 08:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hm okay well i'll have to find it but i have fibromyalgia and my mom sent me this thing about a certain food to watch out for. i'll have to send it over here when i find it.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: MSG and fibromyalgia? [Re: Delyrium]
    #4090508 - 04/24/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's probably potatoes, and anything from the night shade family that you are thinking of Delyrium.

--------------------

OfflineIrijes
Dankwoman
 User Gallery

Loc: Happy Trails
    #4113476 - 04/30/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know of any report but I have fibromyalgia and lupus and have found that eating MSG gives me headaches. I have also found that most of my symptoms can be helped with diet. My doctor gave me the following diet:

Avoid:
All bread (and flour)
Yeast
Night shade vegetables (tomatoes, white potatoes, bell peppers)
Citrus
Dairy
White rice
Red meat
Shellfish
Bottom-dweller fish
Sugar
Caffeine
Honey
Sprouts
Echineacea

Very Good to eat:
Fresh pineapples
Bananas
Avocados
Eggs
Brown Rice

Unfortunately I can not tell you which ones directly apply to fibromyalgia or why. But I can say that after a few months on this diet I went into remission and felt a ton better.

--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom