Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
humidifier tek
    #4048310 - 04/13/05 01:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm new to this site and mushroom growing itself but i came up with a humidifier that i must share.

large sealable tupperware container
tupperware container small enough to fit into larger with spare room
dual nozzle air pump
silicone glue
various hoses and fittings(I will get to this)
air stone
ultrasonic fogger

first cut 2 holes into the lid of the large container for 5/16 or 1/4 air house nozzle fitting (i used some threaded brass fittings from the local hardware store) easy to seal because they are they are threaded some make sure the hole are slightly smaller than outside dia.) and cut a hole for your humid air output (i used 1/2 vinyl tubing i think) then screw in the fittings and seal them (couplers with pipe threading are great but optional for added streghth and a better seal) with the silicone. Cut one more hole for your cable to the ultrasonic fogger(hopefully you got one with a in-line plug) and run the wire threw the lid then to make a seal i wrapped the cord with electric tape till it was the size or the hole or a little bigger and shoved it in then i used a healthy amout of glue to seal it up. Then what i did was hooked one of the fittings up to a hose on the inside of the container and ran it to an air stone and left the other ot just blow in air, after that you simply put in the air stone add water and insert your smaller tupperware container( i like ones that are more rigid, dense plastic, they seem to work better) and put the ultrasonic fogger in the smaller container with air in the bottom of the larger container. Make sure everthing is sealed air tight by hooking up you air pump and putter your finger on the humid air output to plug it, the lid should expand. Finally hook up your air input to the nozzle, run your humid air output hose to your terrarium and plug everthing in.

My figures
the one i built is 1 gal.
it will produce 92% right away and ive been useing it to mantain a constant 94% humidity in my 10 gal terrarium at 81 F for the past week, running both the ultrasonic and air pump constantly using a 4 foot output hose to help with condensation.

The seal is important to the whole process.

If you have any questions or comment feel free to pm or email me at duke_raoul_13@hotmail.com.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: humidifier tek [Re: raoul]
    #4048331 - 04/13/05 01:40 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't understand why you don't just run the fogger and air stone directly in your fruiting chamber.

Re: humidifier tek [Re: MonkeyPod]
    #4048359 - 04/13/05 01:46 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the humidity was too high and i had a problem with condensation plus that little fogger throws water all over the place. With this i have constant 92% ambient humidity and i only have to run one hose in the terrarium instead of three.

User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: humidifier tek [Re: raoul] * 1
    #4048364 - 04/13/05 01:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have my fogger in a long ass vase thing inside my chamber to prevent splashing, have her on a timer going for 15 minutes once every two hours, is perfect.

User Gallery

Re: humidifier tek [Re: kronnyQ]
    #23109817 - 04/12/16 01:28 PM (6 months, 12 days ago)

Hi Raoul. I got one of these plastic greenhouse things from Midwest growkits and I'm trying to figure out best way to use as fruiting chamber. I see you've got some tape on the bottom and the mister coming down from the top. Do I need to fully seal the bottom so no contams get in? Or is a little airflow from there ok. I'm assuming some open space down there is good for C02 getting out also since it sinks to the bottom.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation