Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegprime85
Stranger
First Timer! Please Help!
    #4044172 - 04/12/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ive never done shrooms before cuz its been hard to get a hold of them. i live in an urban area where the drugs of choice are the kind that make your heart explode or inject. however now im away at school and ive met someone who grows and is willing to sell to me. the only problem is i have no idea what to expect or look for when buying. what should i know so i dont get burned? any info is a great help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: First Timer! Please Help! [Re: gprime85]
    #4044240 - 04/12/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

look up some pictures of psilocybe cubensis (by far the most common magic mushroom). there are some good ones here:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_images3.shtml

you'll be wanting about 2g dried for your first time, or about 20g fresh.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: First Timer! Please Help! [Re: alsey]
    #4044259 - 04/12/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ya this place is'nt really for just the general descriptions and defintions of what mushrooms are...there is better literature for such things. But we are all ears if you have a more advanced, individual or exclusive question in the future. Check out Erowid just to get a feel then come back here if you need further ellaboration.

Edited by PsillyNilly (04/12/05 03:40 AM)

Offlinegprime85
Stranger
Re: First Timer! Please Help! [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #4045263 - 04/12/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

oh i was just looking for like say how much i should expect to spend, how to tell if theyre bad/stale (if they can be), and how to tell how much im getting so i dont get over charged.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4045589 - 04/12/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its difficult to describe what weights look like in words. 2g dry should be like a couple of smallish shrooms i think...i don't have much experience with dried shrooms so don't trust me on that. 20g fresh would be like a reasonable handful of shrooms. if the shrooms are rotten, they'll be blackened in certain areas. healthy shrooms should be a creamy white with blueish bruises, and brown heads. i think its against forum rules to discuss prices.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: First Timer! Please Help! [Re: alsey]
    #4047068 - 04/12/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well let's just say that you should be paying the same amount for shrooms as you would for weed. No more than that.

as for what they look like, just look through these forums for pics of dried shrooms. If he grew them himself they will be clean looking, and can be kinda shiney sometimes. They will most likely have little golden sparkles in the bottom of the bag and stuck to the bottoms of the stems. That is vermiculite, which is used to grow the shrooms. That shit gets everywhere. If they were actually cultivated then you will most likely see some vermiculite.

they should look something like this, but more shriveled. And they will have stains of blue on them

Good luck!

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
    #4047949 - 04/12/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think general prices are permitted just not "street talk" or this area or heres mine and whats yours....but http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_basics.shtml
is the erowid link for mushrooms and tells you what the basic going prices are. Around here, most of us dont pay for our shrooms, we know better and usually either grow or find them.

Offlinegprime85
Stranger
Re: First Timer! Please Help! [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #4050014 - 04/13/05 11:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i wish i could do that and would much rather, but like i said, its all urban...even so around my school. but thanks for all your help everyone!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag