Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineunderagedrugie
Pothead amatuershroom chewer
FIrst grow attempt... pre
    #4047061 - 04/12/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi I have some real breif questions I'm going to attempt to grow soon, I sent in my mail order for a B+ spore syringe from TH :smile:.  Well I have the brown rice flower, vermiculite, pop bottles (for terarriums; this is another part of my question) but i don't know where to find any tapered jars, Kroger didn't have any of the jelly jars or anything and i still can't find those, does anyone know where you can buy them in houston :confused:.. also, since im doing the poor man's terarrium, do I have to hand spray the shit @ all it's a bit confusing or do I just open it up twice a day to let air in?.... Wish me luck and please respond soon!

Edit:  I gotta use the pop, bottles I'm a cheap ass guy! I have all my stuff bought but haven't mixed anything yet... I think I have all my questions answered except for the terrarium, all you gotta do for the pop bottle one is place a damp paper towel on the bottom put the rice cake in, seal it, and open it like twice a day to let air in? Or is there other maitenence required? (I'm @ school most of the day and this sounded like the most affordable way and the one that best fit my schedule need answers :-P).

Edited by underagedrugie (04/12/05 10:52 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: FIrst grow attempt... pre [Re: underagedrugie]
    #4047067 - 04/12/05 07:30 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

do you have walmart? They have every type of canning jars imaginable. Save some time, call everywhere before you haul.

--------------------
8 years now! lol

Offlineethnomycolofreak
Cosmic Wanderer
 User Gallery

Loc: the great state of Jeffer...
Re: FIrst grow attempt... pre [Re: jamsandwich]
    #4047093 - 04/12/05 07:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

id say screw the pop bottels. get a rubber made tub,put 2 inches of pelite in it, 1 in of water. hook a light up in it so it gets 12/12 light/darkness. fan 3-4 times a day and mist the walls after each fan. you could also build apmp if you got some extra cash. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1303334/an/0/page/0

Offlineunderagedrugie
Re: FIrst grow attempt... pre [Re: ethnomycolofreak]
    #4047762 - 04/12/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I gotta use the pop, bottles I'm a cheap ass guy! I have all my stuff bought but haven't mixed anything yet... I think I have all my questions answered except for the terrarium, all you gotta do for the pop bottle one is place a damp paper towel on the bottom put the rice cake in, seal it, and open it like twice a day to let air in? Or is there other maitenence required? (I'm @ school most of the day and this sounded like the most affordable way and the one that best fit my schedule need answers :-P).

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
Re: FIrst grow attempt... pre [Re: underagedrugie]
    #4047787 - 04/12/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Actually the Wal-Marts around here only have canning jars in the fall/winter seasons. They had absolutely none when I went a week ago.

Try a grocery store, or another department store like Meijer (if you have them) or Bigg's or whatever.

If worst comes to worst, order them off the internet.

Offlineunderagedrugie
Re: FIrst grow attempt... pre [Re: GatorB]
    #4047975 - 04/12/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you all for your help. I re-read the guide for the 3rd time and I THINK im ready to start growing (after my syringe arrives... GO MAIL ORDER :: FUCK KREDIT KARDS!) WISH ME LUCK AND CONTAMINANT FREE SHR00MZ!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation