Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Post-shroom insomia
    #4046345 - 04/12/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi. The three times I have done shrooms there has been a consistant problem once the peak is over- falling asleep! Its truely torture, almost as bad as the scarier parts of the peak. I feel so weak and stupid and like I will never be able to sleep normally again! The two most recnt times have been worse than the first, and falling alseep after them have been the two worst few hours of my life.

Anyone has similiar expieriences? What about advice for solving the problem? Should I just trip during the day if sleep is an issue? What about pills? Vallium? What could I take to help me fall asleep???

Thanks, Sam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Post-shroom insomia [Re: ShroomySam]
    #4046449 - 04/12/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Don't take them when you should be sleeping.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
    #4046460 - 04/12/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, it usuall if you do it too late at night. you shouldnt take shrooms any earlier than 12 hours before bedtime. even when you've come down, your still high to some degree and weed/amanitas are the only drugs that lets you sleep while your high.

If you really cant sleep though, rip through a fuckload of weed after the shroom trip, then go for a jog, that will knock you out.

Offlineacoustic
barrmmmFFF
 User Gallery

Loc: texas
    #4046470 - 04/12/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Be a man and take that shit...theres nothin you can do.

--------------------

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
    #4046518 - 04/12/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Question #1: What dose did you do each of the three times? About the same, or was the most recent a bigger dose than the previous two?

How long after the peak are you trying to go to sleep? If it's within just a few hours, sleep's still probably not going to be possible. That's not the time for sleep; that's the time for relaxing, enjoying the afterglow, putting on your headphones and enjoying the last traces of fading CEVs. Good times. Are your episodes while trying to go to sleep like revisiting the peak? You said that one of the recurring thoughts is that you'll somehow never return to normal, and that's a common theme in the sorts of scary thoughts that tend to creep into people's minds midpeak too.

My advice is the same as I'd give a perfectly sober person who had trouble falling asleep: if you have to lie there and try to force yourself to go to sleep, it's absolutely not going to happen (I imagine this is even more the case coming down from a trip than it is when you're sober too). So, get up and do something else. It'll also be the best way to get your mind off of whatever bad thoughts you were describing that come to mind while you're trying to force yourself to get to sleep.

What's up with the scariness during your peaks? Has it been the same thing all three times? If so, you could look at that as a sign that the mushrooms are trying to direct your attention to something in your subconscious. If that's the case, if you ever want to eradicate those scary parts of the trip, it's something you're going to have to confront head-on. Remember, a psychedelic is, literally, a mind-revealer. The mushrooms can show you parts of your self that you're not normally attuned to and, if they hit upon an area where you need to work, they'll help you do that too.

A lot of people I know truly enjoy those sorts of trips that are so intense that they put you on the brink of feeling as though you're about to go someplace really bad. Some would insist that any good trip is, by definition, a difficult one. Even so, I'm not sure it's a good idea to try to push yourself that far with the mushrooms after only the first three trips.

More advice than you bargained for, I'm sure, but in the end I think all of it will help you with your sleep problem. Good luck!

- Catch

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
    #4046532 - 04/12/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

By the way, do you have noticeable problems sleeping on a regular basis (i.e., when you're not shrooming)?

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4046671 - 04/12/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i usually find it difficult to sleep the night after a strong trip. but if i smoke some weed its all good.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Post-shroom insomia [Re: alsey]
    #4047022 - 04/12/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

that's just part of the effects. I usually love lying on the floor of a friends apartment remembering my whole trip, and still glowing until I just pass out from exhaustion. Then you wake up all stiff and kinda glowy still... good times.

If you wanna get to sleep that bad then take them earlier, or try some valarian root or something. But most likely you will only get to sleep once your body is ready for it.

Or just learn to enjoy it.

OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Re: Post-shroom insomia [Re: dr0mni]
    #4063037 - 04/16/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

(first off, sorry for re-awakening my old post, but I went out of town and was unable to check it for awhile)
Well, the first time was a very medium dose, and it was the most recreational of the three experiences. The insomnia was mild, but I was so glowy and amazed by what had just happened that I didnt care, and I just let myself slowly sink into sleep.

Second time was im guessing almost 2x as big as first, and insomnia was pretty bad, even after the last half of the expeirence had been very happy and joyus for me.

Third time was smalled of all doses, I think that was the problem. I also had a very bad mindset at the time, fighting with parents, ect, negative vibes abound, it was stupid of me to do any drugs that night. The whole time i was torn between soberness and the shroom world, and the insomnia was horrible. I ended up taking like 5 valerian pills and chugging milk.

and yes, even when sober sleep dosent come easy to me 1/3 nights, nothing serious I just really have to concentrate on breathing and relaxing before sleep comes. can take almost an hour somtimes thought. Sunday nights/nights after long breaks from school are the worst. So yeah, I guess ill just wait till I can day trip before I do it again.

EDIT: Well the only peak that had truely been scary was the second trip. Its kind of amazing now that I think about it, it reavaled so much to me, mostly what worries me semi-subconsiously, and what I am truely self concious about in my life. The peak of the third was sad and full of despair, but not scary.

Comments?

Edited by ShroomySam (04/16/05 05:15 PM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4063148 - 04/16/05 05:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You live.  You learn.
Life is a trip, shrooms will help you recognize it.

If you're having issues just take a break from doing drugs and try to be positive.  Exercise, breathe right, watch some good movies, listen to some good music and talk about personal things with your friends if you can.  You will be surprised how much everyone can relate to in certain aspects of life.
Times might be rough, but believe me what I say you will overcome any hardship aslong as you breathe.  :thumbup:

You are not the only one, everyone struggles, just remember that you are only human.  Try not to concentrate on the negativity around you, and see the light.  :laugh: :sun: :heart:

(on a side note; I find smoking weed helps put me to sleep if I smoke about an hour before I go to bed, I sleep with a smile on my face and I sometimes get some WILD dreams.)

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinemiiddiesman024
Stranger
Re: Post-shroom insomia [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4063439 - 04/16/05 08:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you take them they should keep you up all speedy and nice, regardless of wether you are tired, Acid will keep you up like you are hitting crack pipes, lol. But anyway when your trip is over you should be able to sleep, that is if your body is tired. If your body isn't tired, then don't try and sleep foo. Later

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom