Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecidsander
Stranger
The Magic of the Mushrooms
    #4046491 - 04/12/05 05:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Do you think it is possible for some minds not to be able to experience the magic of the realizations one often experiences on shrooms. I am fairly experienced with mushrooms and they have made me realize many life changing things. However I know kids they live on my floor in the dorms and they describe their 1/8 mushroom trip as being hilarious and everything they see as hilarious. Do you think it is possible for some minds not to be able to capture the magic which mushrooms should be all about?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: The Magic of the Mushrooms [Re: cidsander]
    #4046541 - 04/12/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

maybe the first time or even the first few times...
my first 2 times were 'fun' and experiances after that very different and life changing.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #4046544 - 04/12/05 05:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think your stage in life has a lot to do with it. If you're eighteen years old and all you know is the party scene, well yeah, shrooms might just be another laughing/melting/trippy drug.

Maybe it takes exposure to the psychadelic scene, and some of the minds within it, to really recognize and start tapping the powers for yourself, instead of just doing it to get messed up.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4046549 - 04/12/05 05:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure it also has to do with teh setting. If someone isn't in a place which lets their mind roam, i'm sure they wouldnt be as apt to think about those things as much. For example if their friend is there who is sober and they are continually talking to them, im sure it would kind of bring them down.
Or maybe the shrooms werent really that potent, or they ate right before them and didn't trip as hard as normal. I'm sure if they took a high enough dose, they would have the same revalations :wink: although, they might be to a lesser extent if they have a very low IQ...

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Invisiblespock
journeyman
    #4046737 - 04/12/05 05:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

laughter is good medicine.
who is to say what mushrooms should be all about?
maybe it is your mind that is not able to capture the magic.
no offense. it just sounds snobbish.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4047044 - 04/12/05 07:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe thinking this is a little pretentious, but I do see where your coming from. Lots of people I've talked to say that all they do is laugh and have fun on mushrooms, though most of those people are very immature. I think the true nature of mushrooms is way beyond laughing and having fun, but if you like them because of that, then that's fine too. Personally I think they're one of the least "fun" substances out there and I dont use them for any such thing. For me its more for personal insight and a higher understanding.

To each his own.

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

#4047505 - 04/12/05 09:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm happy to read that there are other people who shroom for insight, we are gifted!

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: The Magic of the Mushrooms [Re: TiCal]
    #4047578 - 04/12/05 09:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The first time I tripped on psilocybin was actually by a psilocybin pill dosed to about 5 grams of shrooms worth of psilocybin.
At the time I thought it was very fun, until like 6 hours later when the fun faded and all I was left with was a mind struggling with itself, challenging every concept of reality.

Since then the few times I have tripped on shrooms seems to have whatever effect that I want it to have. That is, if I want it to just be a fun experience, it is. I shroomed once to quit smoking cigs, it worked, but only because thats what I was wanting to do, it worked so well infact that the smell of cigarrete smoke made me gag for a week after the experience! Most people I know however simply take them to "get messed up".

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #4047830 - 04/12/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Laughter is a sign of happiness in people, maybe for some only at that moment in time. But who is to say that their experience on mushrooms is not as religious as yours was?

Each person trips inn a different way. I have had looney toon trips on shrooms and I have had voyages out of my mind and body.

Both experiences were just as powerful in their time as everyone elses good experiences on shrooms.

Religion is something which is suppose to make people feel good. However, most religions and their services are rather boring and old. Many churches whose collective consciousness are singing church hymns while the congregation allows no musical insteruments to proclaim the joy of their songs.

Of course if there was sex, drugs and rock and roll at the church, then everyone would most likely go and participate inthe fetivities.

On mushrooms you are the symphony and the laughter. You are feeling good, nay, you are feeling like you have never felt before.

Whether it is Jesus or music or sex or the wonderment of all you are seeing. Seeing everything like you have never seen it before. You become one with the shroom and the earth.

I once said, "God is aa plant, known as the Earth."

WE are all one anyway.

Everyone has a moment of truth on the shrooms. And again, everyone might use them differently, but it is not ours to say their way is the wrong and only our way is right.

The Mazatec indians take shrooms to find lost or hidden objects. To see into their futures and/or into their past. To cure illnesses of both the mind and the body. Dona Maria Sabina once said somethng to the effect that before Wasson came, nobody took mushrooms to see or find God. Only the white te man did.

And yes, the Japanese called the Gymnopilus spectabilis shrooms as the "laughing mushroom" and "big laughing mushroom."

Laughter is good and something good must come from God and God is in the mushrooms. They are there for you and me. And we are in them. Especially if we have shared their energies with our souls. So remember that everyone may share the same love for shrooms as they do for one another who share the shrooms as they do.

If you like the mushrooms for aesthetic reasons then they are good for you in achieving that which you seek.

If the other person enjoys laughter, then the mushrooms will definitely make him laugh. And both feelings are good feelings. And enjoying them as they are is part of each individuals experience. The shrooms will teach those who listen to what they have to say.

mjshroomer

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: The Magic of the Mushrooms [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4048989 - 04/13/05 05:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I like that what you said very much MJ. I have one question too. If I understand and remember corectly, mushrooms were caled flesh of the gods by native americans. And yet Maria Sabina sais they werent eating them to meet god?

And if my damn memery is somehow correct again :wink:- I read on your very page about indians saying to spanish people 500 years ago that they talk to God after eating mushrooms, and spanish get angry for they are civilised, they pray and God never answers and how could he talk to those barbarians!

Or maybe these native people knew they can contact god with mushrooms, but were using it mainly for other, more practical and down to earth reasons ?

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Magic of the Mushrooms [Re: Holydiver]
    #4049654 - 04/13/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:
I think your stage in life has a lot to do with it. If you're eighteen years old and all you know is the party scene, well yeah, shrooms might just be another laughing/melting/trippy drug.

Maybe it takes exposure to the psychedelic scene, and some of the minds within it, to really recognize and start tapping the powers for yourself, instead of just doing it to get messed up.

This is pretty much my take on the matter. However, it really isn't my place to say in what way one is to experience something like mushrooms.
I know that I have guided a few of my friends on trips, people that only trip to "get fucked up." My personal mission on these trips was to show them the other side, the side that we are discussing, the side that most of us agree "should" be seen. There were a few occasions where these people tripped like never before and actually walked away from the experience with something, knowledge, insight, whatever you wanna call it. I too get a lot of satisfaction out of showing people these things, things that have been extremely moving and emotional to me, things that they may not have ever seen otherwise.
I'm gonna stop rambling here, but all in all, everyone experiences psychedelics differently. Really there is no right or wrong way in which to experience....

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience