Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineezkiel
IV:XX
Repetitive Salvia Trips
    #4044091 - 04/12/05 02:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was just recently introduced to Salvia. The first time I smoke like 6 bowls of leaves (afraid of extract) then say f- it this isnt working and did about 3 bowls of extract. I wasn't sure quite when it hit me but I had the best trip of my life (well considerening I've only done MJ). My friend who had done a considerable about of shrooms said this blew away that feeling. I won't bothergoing into detail about my trip except to say my 2nd was like a part of my 1st and the last 3 I have done have been almost identical. The reality I trip to is the same and I have been able adjust to the physics and feeling of it so that I am In total control. The thing is I am getting bored of it.

I have done Salvia in the same location each time which I know probably contributes to it but each of my friends who have done it 2 or more times have experiance something different (except 1/5).

I read somewhere that there was a reverse tolerance to Salvia and have done about as much extract as my first time (which again was an overwhleming but incredible and euphoric trip) but I am longing for a different trip. I will describe my trip if someone asks but reall ywhat I want to do is order mabye somehting stronger (15-20x) in the summer (I live in rez on campus). I want the feeling of being able to transfer from reality to reality again.

Also does someone know how to eliviate the cold sweats that I and everyone who has done it inevitably get. And one more Q. (I promise) does someone know of a more favourable source (pref in Canda) than SalviaSupply.com (better qual/price).

And to finish off this long post (which some stoners may be getting bored of :P) THe thing I love about Salvia is it can be smoked in my room and I can write it off saying I ate paste (or something else with Sage) to any inquisitive authority. Thx in advance and sorry for a long winded post.

--------------------

I've made  few spore choices in my life. :mushroom2:
Chop... Drop... and Roll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: ezkiel]
    #4044258 - 04/12/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its almost impossible to predict what's going to happen when you trip on salvia. sometimes i end up in a place i've been to before, sometimes its somewhere different.

changing the setting would probably be a good place to start. a higher dose might also help. when you feel the salvia pulling you out of reality, take one last big hit. you could also try a hit of nitrous after a few tokes of salvia.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: alsey]
    #4044350 - 04/12/05 04:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thx for the help but due to smoke detectors in some rooms and heat detectors in others my option are somewhat limited. I will probably have to wait untill I am back home in the summer (thank god for the short trip time, which feels like alot longer).

Also I found I dont respond to stimuli in the way that I might on weed. Also can anyone confirm if the inverse tolerance effect is true (I've read about it from several sources).

Lastly may I ask how many times you have done salvia and what concentration and what you do to make it better? And what about salvia teas?

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4044383 - 04/12/05 04:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ezkiel said:
Thx for the help but due to smoke detectors in some rooms and heat detectors in others my option are somewhat limited.

go outside :cool: if the weather's nice, go and find a lonely spot and lie down or something. a trip sitter would be quite important in this situation, though.

smoking won't trigger a heat detector. i have a heat detector in my room at uni and i smoke in there all the time.

Quote:

Also I found I dont respond to stimuli in the way that I might on weed.

weed and salvia are entirely different. once you're tripping on salvia, your mind is dissociated from your body, so you won't perceive anything from your physical senses.

Quote:

Also can anyone confirm if the inverse tolerance effect is true (I've read about it from several sources).

some people have difficulty with tripping on salvia the first few times. once, however, they 'break through' and trip, tripping again isn't a problem.

Quote:

Lastly may I ask how many times you have done salvia and what concentration and what you do to make it better? And what about salvia teas?

i've done salvia about 20 times over a period of three years. my first time was with 10x and i had one hell of a trip. i've tried 5x, 10x, 15x and 20x. i usually use 15x, but 10x or higher does the trick for me. i find it hard to get going with 5x, and i've never tried plain leaves.

sometimes i use nitrous in combination with salvia. a few tokes from the pipe followed by a balloon adds a nice little twist. it takes less salvia to trip this way. i've also done acid + salvia + nitrous, which sent me to level 5 for what seemed like an eternity. that was the most intense experience i've ever had.

i don't know about teas, but i think you have to use quite a lot of salvia for it to be orally active.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: alsey]
    #4044399 - 04/12/05 04:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah we smoke in my friends room in a different building which only has heat detectors which take actual fire to be set off. I am very tempted to try it outdoors. And the first time I did alot of 10x as well as plain leaves. I might try the nitrous too if I get the chance. Thank you for the response and if I get some more extract in time I will definitaly update this post.

One of my friends said that a song playing affected his trip. And I personally know from my first experiance (7 bowls of leaves 3 bowls of 10x) that I was visually tripping the thread in my bowl turned into cool looking worms.

Right now I am just very facinated by the effects but frustrated with the same trip 3 times in a row (my first being the best).

Again thx for replying.

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4044413 - 04/12/05 05:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

And to finish off this long post (which some stoners may be getting bored of :P) THe thing I love about Salvia is it can be smoked in my room and I can write it off saying I ate paste (or something else with Sage) to any inquisitive authority. Thx in advance and sorry for a long winded post.

do you really think that?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: stefan]
    #4044694 - 04/12/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It will be the most fun pasta around, with all the pipes and/or bongs sitting around... be careful!

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4045614 - 04/12/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ezkiel said:
I won't bothergoing into detail about my trip except to say my 2nd was like a part of my 1st and the last 3 I have done have been almost identical. The reality I trip to is the same and I have been able adjust to the physics and feeling of it so that I am In total control. The thing is I am getting bored of it.

well you should bother to go into detail, you need to do the caring about that, as it wont be taken care of by the drug itself.

the feeling fo being in control is a tease, you are not.

the feeling of boredom is related to the above two issues - salvia is in the category of teacher plants, you can make use of it, but not really as an entertainment.

Quote:

ezkiel said:
I read somewhere that there was a reverse tolerance to Salvia and have done about as much extract as my first time (which again was an overwhleming but incredible and euphoric trip) but I am longing for a different trip. I will describe my trip if someone asks but reall ywhat I want to do is order mabye somehting stronger (15-20x) in the summer (I live in rez on campus). I want the feeling of being able to transfer from reality to reality again.

Also does someone know how to eliviate the cold sweats that I and everyone who has done it inevitably get. And one more Q. (I promise) does someone know of a more favourable source (pref in Canda) than SalviaSupply.com (better qual/price).

reverse tolerance - kind of - more acclimatization (learning to smoke and learning to see what is effect and what is sub threashold), and potentiation - residual from afterglow.

the curve of effect is very steep up to a peak (~1 minute) peak for ~2 minutes then curve down for 20 minutes to a gradually descending plateau lasting ~3 days.

any experiences in the next three days are starting at the plateau so you don't need as much, but where you get to is not predictable.
(only the degree of resonance or the count of stacked realities - mental frames - is predictable after a while of acclimatization)

you get the persiration free of charge - sometimes not.

what part of canada are you in?

Quote:

ezkiel said:

with strong extract you can really smoke very little for great effect and nearly no smell. (the stronger it is the harder it is to predict effect intensity)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4045989 - 04/12/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is only your third time to trip? And you are already getting bored of it?

"The reality I trip to is the same and I have been able adjust to the physics and feeling of it so that I am In total control. The thing is I am getting bored of it."

Haha, classic. I can't believe you think you are so in control. Your ego must have you by the fucking balls. No offense, but this is the way things like this are. :heart:

Try the classic changing set and setting. You should read up on your drug of choice more.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: mecreateme]
    #4046316 - 04/12/05 02:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

TO clear up a few things I in no way am claiming anywhere near a full experiance in Salvia however it produces an effect on me that makes me very introspective for awhile. And I should have rephrased judging by some of the less than smart things (in this reality) I have done while tripping means Im not in total control but I can walk around without too much trouble (anything more intensive I might fumble a bit before I can adjust) Im thinking of ordering a few grams of 15x (since 10x I smoked 3 huge bowls before getting blindsided on my first trip).

redgreenvines: I am in Ontario, GTA.

mecreateme: kind of a harsh reply im sorry if you interpreted me as being egotisical. It just that each time I trip after my first I get the identical feeling of the previous (deju vu to some extent to). If you would like to give me some tips to approaching smoking salvia I am open to them. Also I am not bored with salvia I am bored with the same trip (see below). Also I have read many pages (like 100's) of trip reports, reccommendations and smoking instructions.

and for those who want a explaination of my trip(s) this is an account of my first:

All I can saw form the experiance is wow. It kind of got wierded up a bit because we started with leaves (which seemed to do nothing for awhile) and then 10x extract. My friend (who will remain nameless) started his trip before me in the middle of complaining about how it wasn't working all in all we smoked about 4 bowls each of leaves and about 2 each of the 10x. Mine started shortly after his and was one of the coolest things I have ever experianced. The thread in the bowl I was smoking out of became very clear and the thread turned into little worms (not grossing me out) then the next thing I knew I was flung into another world. Everything seemed normal and I didnt have a real sense that I was actually tripping. I got what might be refered to as a 'hot flash' palms sweaty and excess body heat but it didnt bother me. I was now in an alternate reality where colourful patterns and shapes moved creating a truly wonderful experiance. At one point as I started to come off my trip everyone I knew began to look like floam (some kids toy, think colourful caviar that holds shape). I could see an outline of my friends in the room but crazy colours behind them. They seemed almost 2D as if I was watching a cutout movie with them and patterns in the background. The patterns were similar to closing your eyes and rubbing them for awhile but much more intence and seemed to have meaning to them.

Since my first trip when I smoke I get kind of a sage/alkaloid/metal taste in my mouth which is kind of unpleasant but worth it. I get that floam effect.

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Edited by ezkiel (04/12/05 02:21 PM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #4046319 - 04/12/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I always go to the same place on Salvia but it isn't boring yet. It will take a lifetime before I understand what I experience there. And I probably never will understand it while not under the influence of Salvia.
Maybe you aren't going deep enough. How do you smoke it? How much do you smoke? (number of bowls says nothing, how much of a gram did you use)

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4046474 - 04/12/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I guess not enough. WHen I get 15x Im gonna smoke till I cant. I cant wait to chill in my room @ home and try it so much more relaxing. And I hate people looking at me when Im tripping.

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4046569 - 04/12/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to get through to you.

That statement you made about being in control, whether you know it or not at this time, means you are caught in the depths of the ego. There is no other way to say it. That was a statement of the ego saying how in control it is. Why should you give a care how in control you are, the real "you" that is?

No offense intended, it is just a very bold statement to make, and the nature of these dealings, well, if you know you know.

"All I can saw form the experiance is wow."
And you are bored? Try reading some Timothy Leary. The Psychedelic Experience would be a good place to start. Set and setting, man.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Edited by mecreateme (04/12/05 03:18 PM)

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: mecreateme]
    #4046798 - 04/12/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I understand its just that I smoked (and held longer) as much as my first time (more than 32hrs later) and I guess Im just not breaking through. I hope the 15x helps.

As well Id like to say that I don't take this drug in a cavalier fashion at all. I know from my first trip there is something about it that causes introspective and outter thoughts relating to our existance (which is only real because of a semi common chemical balance in everyone elses mind). You sound like you have had much more experiance than me (which isnt saying much) so any more advice you have to offer. Also I dont know about buying a book but I would love links to web literature pertaining to this experiance. I guess its not so much boredom but not being able to break out again that is making my trips frusterating.

Thank you for your critism (no matter how harsh it sounded to me) and keep in mind I'm a newb looking for answers. Thanks for everyone else help too.

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4046846 - 04/12/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That makes more sense. To say you are bored with the exprience shows disrespect.

Do a search, its called using the internet :wink:, or look for Cervantes in Trip Tips, he has a link to an online text version of The Psychedelic Experience.

Set and setting, I will say it again. Change your set and setting. Go outside, try different things. These compounds take what is in your mind and what is outside of you and spins them into a panorama for you to explore.

--------------------

InvisibleDragonaut

Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips *DELETED* [Re: mecreateme]
    #4046899 - 04/12/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Dragonaut

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
:dragon:

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4046923 - 04/12/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I got massive disociation on my first trip. Man that was a great trip. It was definatly mind expanded. And no disrespect was meant by boring. And I like I have said I have read now probably over 500 pages of Salvia information and trip report, just wondering what you would reccomend. Im looking into Cervantes in Trip Tips thx.

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4048905 - 04/13/05 02:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Have you done it in complete darkness yet?

Offlineezkiel
Re: Repetitive Salvia Trips [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4053079 - 04/14/05 01:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

nope but it sounds like it might be helpful or scary. or something.

--------------------

Chop... Drop... and Roll

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4053459 - 04/14/05 04:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, tripping in darkness makes it much more intense for me. Also on candle or small light as a focus in the darness is good.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals