Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaptainCrunch
Contrary ToPopular Belief

Loc: Somwhere Over the rainbow
First grow, Inculated satuday night, ec not colinizing yet..
    #4046152 - 04/12/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So i inoculated Saturday night, nine jars with 12cc of Ecuador spores, from spore source..I put the jars, in this dinky ass incubator(i say dinky because my fish tank heater broke so i had to put silicon over the small hole, then my thermometer broke and i had to throw it out).. So i decided id would just fill up the incubator with warm water to get it started.Well when i got in my room with this huge container of water, i spilled it all over my floor..I did the best i could to dry it up and then the next day i put mil do remover down to stop any contaims from coming in.. Well now there's this nasty smell in my room coming from the floor its pretty much dried up now, but since Saturday Ive been putting mildo remover down and the smell goes away, then comes back... Anyway tough time, So Ive been looking at my jars and there not colonizing yet, though its only been two and a half days, and its a two to five day wait.. I'm still worried they may be contaminated or inoculated wrong etc.. May i remind you this is my first grow.. For some reason the jars are wetter now than they were, before they were inoculated.. the verm and brf seem to be being pushed out words, making little tiny mud marks i gusse you could call it.. There's little specs of white but i don't know what that is.The coloring in the jar is mainly Grey,( the brf verm mix) just alittle wetter for whatever reason.. Is this all normal? Anyway i made the pf tek for simple minds incubator today and put the jars in this new incubator that's alot more efficient..That's where I'm at so far, i just wanted to know what normal pre colonization looks like.. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: First grow, Inculated satuday night, ec not colinizing yet.. [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #4046178 - 04/12/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hopefully, no water sloshed into the jars. the white specks you described could sites of spore germination.

it's still early. give it time.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineCaptainCrunch

Re: First grow, Inculated satuday night, ec not colinizing yet.. [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4046284 - 04/12/05 04:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, Should i be worried about the water on the floor? if its in the same room will the jars be contaiminated if the floor has any type of mildo? and what can i use to get the smell gone for good any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: First grow, Inculated satuday night, ec not colinizing yet.. [Re: CaptainCrunch]
    #4046325 - 04/12/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, get that crap out of your floor one way or another.

whether growing mushrooms or not, having mold growing in your carpet is unhealthy and just plain nasty. :grin:

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlineethnomycolofreak
Cosmic Wanderer
 User Gallery

Loc: the great state of Jeffer...
Re: First grow, Inculated satuday night, ec not colinizing yet.. [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4046339 - 04/12/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i'd place a space heater near the spill w/ a fan on it. that should dry it up pretty good. hope that helps

OfflineCaptainCrunch

Re: First grow, Inculated satuday night, ec not colinizing yet.. [Re: ethnomycolofreak]
    #4046396 - 04/12/05 04:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks guys, ethnomy im doing that as we speak thanks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation