Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Tweedle dee and tweedle dum
    #4045747 - 04/12/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006544

Quote:

John Kerry, the haughty, French-looking Massachusetts Democrat, who by the way served in Vietnam*, showed up yesterday at a Boston event, where he was "using crutches as he recovers from knee surgery," reports the Associated Press. He was also using emotional crutches as he recovers from last year's election:

"Last year too many people were denied their right to vote, too many who tried to vote were intimidated," the Massachusetts senator said at an event sponsored by the state League of Women Voters. . . .

Kerry also cited examples Sunday of how people were duped into not voting.

"Leaflets are handed out saying Democrats vote on Wednesday, Republicans vote on Tuesday. People are told in telephone calls that if you've ever had a parking ticket, you're not allowed to vote," he said.

Where did Kerry come up with that idea about leaflets saying "Democrats on Wednesday"? Probably from this story, which appeared a week before the election:

With the knowledge that the minority vote will be crucial in the upcoming presidential election, Republican Party officials are urging blacks, Hispanics, and other minorities to make their presence felt at the polls on Wednesday, Nov. 3. . . .

"You can't walk through a black neighborhood here in Miami without seeing our 'Don't Forget Big Wednesday!' message up on a billboard, tacked to a phone booth, or taped to a bus shelter," Monreal added. "The Republican Party has spared no expense in this endeavor."

Before Kerry embarrasses himself further, someone ought to take him aside and explain to him that the Onion is a satirical publication--as is ScrappleFace.com, which came up with the idea first.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Tweedle dee and tweedle dum [Re: cb9fl]
    #4045847 - 04/12/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

God....when the Democrats bitch about how people were "denied" the right to vote, they get so damn annoying. They offer no proof of their assertions.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Tweedle dee and tweedle dum [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4045865 - 04/12/05 02:56 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nice unbiased report... :tongue:

WE MUST FIX THE FUCKING ELECTORAL COLLEGE, AND THE MANNER IN WHICH WE COUNT VOTES SO THEIR CAN BE NO MISCONCEPTIONS.

:shrug: but the fact that the presidency couldn't be bought so easily would of course, be a conflicting issue.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Tweedle dee and tweedle dum [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4045901 - 04/12/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

The electoral college was a concept put in place by the founding fathers. It was dreamt up in order to defend the voting rights of less populated states.

But, we aren't talking about the electoral college. We are talking about Democrats making accusations of electoral fraud, and then offering no proof to backup their claims.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Tweedle dee and tweedle dum [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4045961 - 04/12/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Dems, repubs :shrug: the typical bullshit rhetoric.

I'm just saying fix the system as to prevent any conjecture associated with it being manipulated. I'm just a bit tired of hearing the same shit election after election.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Tweedle dee and tweedle dum [Re: cb9fl]
    #4046336 - 04/12/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I actually got a call saying to vote on wednesday. First I was asked a series of questions about my political party affiliation (non partisant) then they asked me who I would vote for if I only had two choices (Bush and Kerry) I said Kerry. They asked a couple more questions and at the end of the conversation they told me not to forget to vote on wednesday. Im not sure if they just made an error on their part, but I knew the real voting date so I blew off their comment. Either way, I voted libertarian, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I did get a call like that.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion