Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

Nutmeg?
    #4043905 - 04/12/05 03:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have been reading about various forms of hallucinogenics over the past few months and I am very intrigued. I have yet to trip once and I am looking for alternatives because I cannot acquire any shrroms, etc at this moment.

I was reading from erowid.org that you can trip somewhat from large doses of nutmeg. Any truth behind this?

-Joshua

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing
and some men do it in churches
and some men do it by tearing butterflies in half.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Nutmeg? [Re: joshua_5]
    #4043975 - 04/12/05 04:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome!

First, there are no alternatives to mushrooms... but there are other psychedelics, I once wanted to use nutmeg as a substitute while having no access to anything. I made my small research and stopped around the time I get across information nutmeg MAY damage your liver.

Also, I heard a thing about it that it makes me think twice, that is someones rating (in scale from 1 to 10)

NUTMEG high:      3
NUTMEG comedown: -47

well, decide for yourself :wink:

but I really recommend to be patient and wait until you find (or you`ll be found by) a real, quality psychedelic. Good luck!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

Re: Nutmeg? [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4044027 - 04/12/05 04:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am going to wait more than likely. I wanted to hear if there were any "success stories" to nutmeg. Thank you for your input though.

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4044644 - 04/12/05 09:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :sun:!

Nutmeg goes great in pumpkin pie, that's my success story :grin:. In recreational doses it's fairly toxic, from what I've heard it feels like a killer hangover with the spins.  Chek this website out.

Take it easy

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineRetired
Re: Nutmeg? [Re: gdman]
    #4044653 - 04/12/05 09:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wait! i have done nutmeg

i took 10 grams of fresh ground nutmeg at first like 2 hours went past and i was disipointed, so i went to bed

when i woke up for work the next day i was fucked. my vision had tracers i felt super drunk stones, i barley made it to work when i tryed to talk i could not. when i got home i fell asleep and slept for like 20 hours.

it was fun but i would not do it again
shrooms are for me now but nutmeg was worth a try

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Nutmeg? Erowid? [Re: Retired]
    #4045017 - 04/12/05 12:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Nutmeg? Erowid? [Re: gnrm23]
    #4045329 - 04/12/05 01:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i've done it alot actualy, which is sad but... It's an intense drunken high with extreme loss of coordination, Followed by a painful set of vertigo spells that will keep you in bed puking for 3 days. Not the best to do... I would personaly suggest you check out LSA for your first experience with psychedelics, using nutmeg would be a bad first experience. and LSA is alot easier to get down than a few table spoons of nutmeg (BLEH!!!) *shudders*

OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Nutmeg? Erowid? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4045554 - 04/12/05 01:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I did nutmeg twice so far (and don't plan on doing doing it again any time soon) Firts the taste... it's awfull, the worst thing I ever tasted in life. The taste itself almost made me puke, but once it goes down it's OK.
I usually have to wait around 4-5 hours to start working, and once it begins it's like a strong cannabis high which lasts for 8-10 hours. The worst part however are the after-effects. You'll probablly be really sleepy, and don't plan on doing anything the next day, cuz you won't be able to.

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offlinemushroomviking
Electric WhiskerButton

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Nutmeg? Erowid? [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #4045978 - 04/12/05 03:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have a couple friends who tried it. one friend did it before he went to sleep, so when he woke up he would be feeling it. He went to school fucked up on it, which I personally think is a stupid idea, and then he jammed with me and some other people after. He said he was having major audio hallucinations, for instance, when he would hear birds chirping, the chirping would distort so it would sound like the birds are chirping songs, specifically metal songs. I think he was high the whole day.
and my other friend, he apparently didn't take a high enough dose, because while he felt it, he wasn't really impaired.

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Nutmeg? Erowid? [Re: mushroomviking]
    #4046536 - 04/12/05 05:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's a pretty neat thing to try once or twice, but not something you will want to do all of the time. I have taken 10 grams a couple of times. Everyone here is pretty accurate with the effects, but I never had any bad experiences coming down from it.

It does take many hours to kick in, so if you do take it DO NOT take more thinking it isn't working because you can OD on that stuff.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Nutmeg? Erowid? [Re: killme]
    #4046833 - 04/12/05 06:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you do try it, be prepared to be really sick for a few days. Not that it will happen, but in my 2 cases, it did...really really sick, vomiting on the floor because i couldn't walk to the bathroom. I'm sure i was really high on the nutmeg, but i was too sick to notice or care. The taste is puuuuuuutrid.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Re: Nutmeg? [Re: Retired]
    #4047303 - 04/12/05 08:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tradenmar said:
wait! i have done nutmeg

i took 10 grams of fresh ground nutmeg at first like 2 hours went past and i was disipointed, so i went to bed

when i woke up for work the next day i was fucked. my vision had tracers i felt super drunk stones, i barley made it to work when i tryed to talk i could not. when i got home i fell asleep and slept for like 20 hours.

it was fun but i would not do it again
shrooms are for me now but nutmeg was worth a try

My experience was like yours except I never made it to work. When I woke up I was so dizzy and groggy I could hardly walk. I went to take a piss. As soon as I finished I blacked out. When I came to I was on my hands and knees. During the black out I saw a flash of briliant oils slick, rainbowish color. Apperently I had smacked my face on the toilet bowl on the way down. My eye hurt something fierce. My eye happened to be where my face made contact with the toilet bowl. I had a huge black eye and a nasty headache not to mention I slept all day...

My advice to you, stay as far away from nutmeg as you can! :shocked:

Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
Re: Nutmeg? [Re: entheoindole]
    #4047859 - 04/12/05 11:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

haha. nutmeg is one funky drug. the first time i did it. i took it at 3pm, and i ingested with mountain dew due to the dryness and harshness to get it down. after 3 mouthfulls i thought it would be too little so i did two more. by 8pm i was hearing everylittle detail of everything, and by 9, i had the giggles (where you cannot stop laughing for minutes no matter what) and by 10 i started to feel real drunk and high or something. by 11 i was layin face down in my girlfriends basement floor. and i closed my eyes, and it felt like i was sinking forever. like i could not stop falling. i thought i was going to die because of the body high i had going (it was one of my first "hallucinogens" so i was not used to this feeling). so i went to sleep around one. i swear to god around 2 or 3am i woke up and i could have sworn my girlfriends furnace that was on at the time (it was winter) was talking to me. she was asleep upstairs in her bed, and i was so fuckin scared because i thought it was wispering it was going to kill me. i dont remember anything after that. i woke up around 9am with a haze, and still feeling very fucked up. my throat was very fuckin dry. i drank water like a feind and nothing could get me satisfied, i think its because nutmeg is a hepatoxin and my liver was filtering out everything still? so it never even would quench my thirst. for the next couple days i just felt braindead and out of it. it was fun overall and i did it two more times after. the funniest was when i took it at 7am, and by 4th hour at lunch it kicked in. i was seeing shooting stars all over the celing, and my eyes got bloodshot as fuck and i had no clear eyes. but it was no fun because the high even lasted as i went to bed at 11pm or so.

overall, nutmeg would be something to try maybe two or three times in differing doses. but not something you would want to do a couple times a month to chill out.

the hangover is not worth it at all, nor is the high it produces due to its long lasting peak.

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

Offlinejoshua_5
rebel without a pause

Re: Nutmeg? [Re: jben]
    #4048666 - 04/13/05 02:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds interesting. Both pros and cons. I will probabl try it for myself and see what the outcome may be. I'll post my experience on here.

--------------------
we have everything
and we have nothing

Offlinesteelflower
Stranger
    #4050460 - 04/13/05 03:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joshua_5 said:
I have been reading about various forms of hallucinogenics over the past few months and I am very intrigued. I have yet to trip once and I am looking for alternatives because I cannot acquire any shrroms, etc at this moment.

I was reading from erowid.org that you can trip somewhat from large doses of nutmeg. Any truth behind this?

-Joshua

Ive done it about 4 times. Each time ive felt nothing and gone to sleep dissapionted to wake up to nothing as well. Its not something that you do like weed, so ive read and most people advise against it. If your looking for a good legal high, LSA is what you need. Ive done it once and had no effects but nausea though about half the people that do it enjoy it I guess. If I were you id just get some ganj or wait for something better. Legal highs are legal for a reason, no one will abuse them they suck and will make you sick in most cases(excluding salvia).

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Nutmeg? [Re: steelflower]
    #4051066 - 04/13/05 05:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Legal highs are legal for a reason, no one will abuse them they suck and will make you sick in most cases(excluding salvia).

They suck? boy you marched into the wrong forum saying the wrong shiz...

Legal highs are legal cause the po's cant make money from them  :smirk:. And the fact its not worth their time to chap some kids at home eating spices.

Legal highs dont suck, and alot of legal highs are alot more powerful than most illegal drugs. A few table spoons of nutmeg would kick your ass a million times harder than a few table spoons of nuggets, even if there is negative side-effects.

Hopefuly someone else can give you better insight to the world of legals. They can be very powerful when put to good use.

Heroin IS legal, if it wasn't our western medicine wouldn't be making ANY money. Sure cultivation and street-made heroin is illegal, but what about vicodins and oxycontins and percocets? All you need is a prescription! We all need our dose of heroin!

And you must be talkin' too big for your pants, you didn't take the right dose, or your just one lucky mother-of-p00p if you tried all these different things and got no effects from them. LSA is weak but its fun, and its effects are definately noticeable.

Quote:

about half the people that do it enjoy it

50%?
I'm sure the percentage is alot higher than that buddy.

Edited by ShroomieOfDoomie (04/13/05 07:24 PM)

OnlineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Nutmeg? [Re: steelflower]
    #4051570 - 04/13/05 07:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Legal highs are legal for a reason, no one will abuse them they suck and will make you sick in most cases(excluding salvia).

Legal Highs suck? You have a lot to learn, but that's what we're here for! Welcome to the Shroomery, treasure trove of info beyond your wildest dreams :thumbup:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden