Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTomatadunothing
Stranger

Where did you meet your significant other?
    #4043618 - 04/11/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just wondering.  I need some ideas for new places to meet people :crazy:.  Like Zappa said

Got no place to go
(I'm tired of walking
Up and down the street all by myself)
No love left for me to give
(I tried and tried
But no one wants me the way I am)
Why should I pretend I like
To roam from door to door :crazy::sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: Tomatadunothing]
    #4043632 - 04/11/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

oddly enough, I met her on date.com a little over 2 years ago

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: discoabe]
    #4043679 - 04/12/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the shroomery!!!!!

we met up through a third shroomerite who knew us each individually to go mushroom hunting :heart:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #4043693 - 04/12/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

that's awesome Psilygirl!!

OfflineoDin
    #4043728 - 04/12/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

on the school bus... i dont recommend this if your out of school fyi

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#4043753 - 04/12/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hehe  i could make a night of this one....lets see how long i go on.....well...it was the summer of 03 on dead tour.  i was travelling with a girl i was kickin it with over tha past 6 months earlier or so but we were falling out kinda.....anyhoo...

we were traveling with my friend amy and eddie, and at the mansfeild, mass. show at the tweeter center.

i was dancin in the aisle with my friends when this girl came up,  dancing and lookin realy happy(not my current girlfriend).  well, she just kinda hung out and danced around the area where my crew was chilling out.  as the show went on i guess our friend duffy got to talking to her cause by the end of the show plans were set to meet up with her crew back at a motie 6. 

so we all go back and meet up and we get in the room and as usual theres mad kids just livin it up and among all the kats in the room i see this gorgeous radiant girl kinda off to herself transfixed by some nature special that was on the tv.  hehe, i could just see in her inquisition of what she was watching how awesome she was.  im telling you it was as close as love at first sight as i can imagine.  i was transfixed with her ever so, and listening to her talk, i cant explain i was just so intrigued more than any girl had made me up till then. 

well, like i said  i was with someone kinda at the time and wasnt about to show interest, while i was still with someone. so that whole night i just chilled out and took it easy,  however i turned in much earlier than everyone else.  i woke up the next morning to balloons all over the place, looked like everyone had a blast after i passed out, lol.  and not too long after i wake up i see her exit the bathroom in a towel followed by a dude  hoo the night before i didnt realy dig too much.  shot through the heart, however i wasnt in the situation at the time to have posibly done anything anyway.  i was still dissapointed.

so we make our way to the show....loading up the car, and i just cant stop paying attention to her.  she mentioned to her friends at one pooint that she was goin to say goodbye to the kid she had met so i thought maybe he was hopin off tour but then i found they were just gona meet up in the lot. o well, hehe.  but being that her friend hooked up with my friend, our rides were caravaning together.  at some point in the caravan she offered to come in our car so my friend could go in the same car as the girl he just met.  so shes sitin next to me in the car and im like, "drooooool",this girls way out of my league,  just lookin at her with the sun reflecting off her face, her dreads, well, she was just absolutlely beautiful. our arms touching and bumpin up and down with the road, goosebumps, chills, boner.  lol. 

later at the show i got to pass by her hand in hand with homeboy and i couldnt help but be bummed about it.  also something i saw in the guy i knew that they just werent right together.  granted, i wanted her so that helped my doubt him but, he was definitly a bit shady.  talkin the hotel room the night before he just went on about DMT as if he knew everything, but had such an agro vibe about it, like listen to me!!! etc.  kid liked to talk basicaly.  i dont know, i just didnt get a good vibe from him, and i like tothink i tend to be a good judge of that.  i remember saying hi to them at one point passing them on lot and he out of nowhere like grabs her, pulls her face next to his, and says to me, isnt she just gorgeous, like i mean, isnt she, lookin at her, back at me, at her, etc.etc etc.  im like  of course she is. 

hejust made shit way uncomfortable,  which she later told me he did constantly and she definitly got uncomfortable from it.  but anytime i went up and he would do that stuff, more than one occasion, me and her had some unspoken connection for sure.  enuff to where i was half walking away laughing thinking to myself how me and her just said more in not saying shit than he did in all he said.  anyhoo, by the end of tour i had broke up with the other girl so i had my eye out on their situation however i wasnt like waitin around but.

i saw her at Berkfest last at the end of august, early september, something like that.  same thing, i go up to her to say hi and he just comes up all like,  isnt she so beautiful etc etc, never realy let me get in a word edgewise.  that was the last time i figured id see her for a bit being that i was goin home for a lil bit after that and she was hopin off tour too.  that was that basicaly.

it was a couple months later that i ended up on string cheese tour and there was a show i believe in jersey somewhere that she and her friends made it to.  this was october 03.  well, we both got shut out of the show, chilled in the lot, and well, the dude she was with ended up doin dope quite a bit, ended up she broke up with him,  and the unspoken connection now had no interuptions.  we were suerely able to tell each other wanted to get together that night so we made plans to stay at the same motel.  kissed on the way there in the car, my friend took the floor so we could rock the bed  =)  and been together ever since. 

she was living in connecticut when we met, i was living on long island, but she came and moved in with me this past summer.  i came to find out that she felt all the same things about me but didnt play on it cause i was with someone.  at least thats what she tells me  :wink:   
    so its been around 1 and a half years, weve had our ups and downs but, all in all its been the best relationship ive had and shes helped me so much lately.  some of her advice falls on deaf/stubborn ears but since shes been with me ive pulled myself out of the dumps big time.  my rooms clean, not drinkin every night, eating better, controlling my temper, trying anyway.  its amazing.  im the biggest dick to her sometimes and she just keeps loving me.  i hope im not an idioot and use all my get out of jail free cards but, im learning in the process. heh.  shes realy bringin me back to my roots.  my shit used to be alright but, one bad girlfriend and many bad decisions later, my shit was all flucked up.  nobodys fault but mine, :wink: , but thanks to her, things are lookin up. planin on doin some traveling this summer.  hit up dead tour if they have :confused:, some good festies definitly, and proly some gatherings, and just random rambles.  sorry to go on and on.  hehe, but she is my shining star.  :heart:

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Edited by DeadPhan (04/12/05 12:48 AM)

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #4044179 - 04/12/05 03:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

lol, in my dream. I'm still waiting for her to manifest on the physical plane

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4044221 - 04/12/05 03:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

don't you hate that?

--------------------

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4044308 - 04/12/05 03:52 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, it's the worst, especially when you think she has and it turns out you're painfully wrong.

--------------------

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

#4044376 - 04/12/05 04:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The worst is losing her after finding her... Now that sucks!!

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? *DELETED* [Re: Kamek]
    #4044623 - 04/12/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: blink]
    #4044632 - 04/12/05 07:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I met my fiance in marching band at college. We both play trombone.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #4044635 - 04/12/05 07:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

on the ferry.
there was something in that girls eyes, i had to follow her.
she stood at the front of the boat in the wind.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4044641 - 04/12/05 07:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lol, in my dream. I'm still waiting for him to manifest on the physical plane

arti that :mad:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: Asante]
    #4044645 - 04/12/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

On a street corner in the red light dist

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4044646 - 04/12/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Also funny how you just 'assume' everybody has a significant other :laugh:

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4044649 - 04/12/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

school... although i didn't have much to do with her then... we just got to talking lately (www.hi5.com) and it sparked... and how it sparked!!! and well... now i am deeply in love and so is she...

--------------------

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #4044720 - 04/12/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

College marching band. I was a scared little freshman girl, and he was very kind and friendly. It was also a big comfort to see him every day, because it was a huge band (I think like 300+ some people?) and he stuck out of the crowd with his gorgeous hair and tie dye shirts :smile: I stood behind him, so seeing him helped me find my place in line every day  :thumbup:

(Trombones are wonderful kissers!)

Unfortunately, I dated a retard that first year, who happens to be the ONLY guy I know who doesn't like my fiance. So that punk told me all kinds of bad things about my man (all lies), and I sorta believed him. The day that I got up the guts to actually ask Gr8fulJ if he really did those things, he was, uh, less than sober- and being the square I was, it freaked me out and I avoided him for the next year!

Thankfully Gr8fulJ wrote me later on after getting back from ragbrai, and we started hanging out. He really was a total blessing, and he won my heart over immediately. To understand, you'd have to see him smile. He has the most handsome and kind smile you ever saw  :grin:

And the rest is history. Our wedding is this July  :heart: :heart: :heart:

--------------------
Life's a journey. Take the scenic route.

:sun: :heart: :heart: :sun:

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4044721 - 04/12/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I had an old old membership to a personals site on Boston.com.  I was scanning through one day, sick of being single, saying hi to random people, when I came across Suffer's profile.  He jumped out at me, because he seemed different.  I said hi to him, went to go click on the next profile on my list of "matches" and couldn't do it, because I had just found the one I wanted to find out more about.  I closed the site, and heard back from him the next day.  We talked online for a while without hanging out, then eventually he came over to watch a movie.  It was a Saturday afternoon...he got there at like 3 or so.  We wound up watching like 19 movies in a row, as I recall, I didn't even care what we were watching, good or bad films, as long as he was still sitting next to me.  :inlove:  He was so shy, and such a gentleman, scared to even let our hands touch...we were like middle school kids with a crush.  We hung out for so long, that eventually, it was 5 oclock Monday morning, and he had class at 7:30.  We hadn't slept, we hadn't kissed, hadn't even held hands....so I had no idea if he even was interested.  But god, I wanted him to be.  As he was leaving, he shyly told me that he was out of class at noon....if I wanted him to come back afterwards.  Obviously, I said yes, and then promptly passed out after he left.  He called and woke me up, came back over, and we were both so exhausted that neither of us could keep our eyes open.  We laid down to take a nap, he looked me in the eyes and kissed me, and the rest is history.  I've lived with him for a while now, and he's the best boyfriend ever.  Honest, thoughtful, sensitive, he treats me like gold.  :heart:  Hope one day, everyone is as lucky as I feel I am.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Where did you meet your significant other? [Re: Liz]
    #4044784 - 04/12/05 08:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't stop looking over at this beautiful girl named Lucy in Italian class two years ago during the spring semester. Four months of our eyes meeting and barely any conversation.  Finally we started talking little by little...she overheard me tell someone I hated Phish (I did at the time) and took it upon herself to start our first full-fledged conversation.  On 4/20 we took bonghits in her apartment, then saw a movie together, and hung out for 4 months before anything happened beyond two friends hanging out smoking pot and listening to music and going for walks.  :tongue2:
Then on the last night of a Vancouver vacation, after dinner at a really expensive steakhouse and two bottles of wine, we went to our hotel balcony, opened up a bottle of champagne and rolled a huge joint of blueberry northern lights and smoked it while sipping the booze.  I took out my iPod, told her to put the headphones on, and played "Rock and Roll With Me" by David Bowie for her.
"When you rock and roll with me...there's no one else I'd rather be."
The rest is sweet sweet history, a 2-year story in the making.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract