Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Dont you hate it when..
    #4043138 - 04/11/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You've planned out a trip for a long time , you have prepared yourself, cleaned up and set up your tripping zone and music. And everything goes perfect up until the end of the day were everything seems to go wrong. and it sets you in the mind set that you wouldnt want to go into a trip with. kinda ruins the day lol o well , ill just wait till the time is right.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Damn (04/11/05 10:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: Damn]
    #4043350 - 04/11/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i understand up until where you say "with all that on your mind"

are you saying that you had an unpleasant time because you thought about all the stuff you did to prepare?

or

are you saying that after all the stuff you do to prepare, you have an unpleasant time?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: danlennon3]
    #4043647 - 04/12/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think he's referring to situations where you've gone out of your way far in advance to make plans and preparations for a really good trip, then just before you're ready to get started, something unrelated comes up and disturbs your set, to the point that you no longer think tripping is a good idea. Could be relationship, family, job stuff, but it's something that gets put on your mind out of nowhere right before you're ready to embark, and takes you out of the mood you want to be in when you're doing innerspace exploration.

I have a friend who experienced something just similar, and ended up spending his entire trip trying to will himself out of it: a definite recipe for a bad time (not a bad trip necessarily, just a very disappointing and emotionally stressful one). In his case, he found out some bad news about a mutual friend of ours right *after* he ate some mushrooms, -- the sort of news that, had he been told in advance, definitely would have put him in a mindset where he would have called off the trip for that evening. But that sort of thing is bound to happen when you trip in public and happen to run into a gossipy acquaintance who doesn't know you're in a psychedelic way when he strikes up a conversation with you.

So, yeah, it happens. And sometimes the difference between being able to call off the trip before it leaves the launchpad and being forced, for better or worse, to ride it out, -- is just a matter of minutes.

- Catch

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4044270 - 04/12/05 03:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, its happened to me more than once. the first time i tripped anyway, and got really depressed during the peak. since then, anytime my mindset has been ruined, i leave the trip for another day.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4044767 - 04/12/05 08:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

At least you recognized it wasn't time for the trip. :thumbup:  Otherwise you might have regretted eating whatever you were gonna eat and wasting it on a bad time.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4045083 - 04/12/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I hate it when I plan a bunch of shit out, and then everything get's screwed up because so-and-so is late, or whatshisface didn't know you were tripping, can he join? or Whosagirl isn't getting along with her boyfriend and you just KNOW their going to be fighting the whole trip!

I really think that my future trips are going to be spent alone or in a small group of CLOSE friends. I can always count on other people to fuck up my journey...

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4045395 - 04/12/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

3-4 people max, too many variables with more people.

I like it alone the best.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

#4045408 - 04/12/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i understand up until where you say "with all that on your mind"

are you saying that you had an unpleasant time because you thought about all the stuff you did to prepare?

or

are you saying that after all the stuff you do to prepare, you have an unpleasant time?

lol, this totally reminded me of george carlin's airline shpeil.
'I'm sorry, did i hear you correctly? did you say place the small metal flap into the buckel? or place the buckle into and round the small metal flap? I do not posses an engineering degree, nor am i mechanically inclined...

haha sorry my rambling, it might be the dose ive just taken :wink:..
good day to you all

--------------------

Edited by swiftrance (04/12/05 11:29 AM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: swiftrance]
    #4046983 - 04/12/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

god I love george carlin!

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#4047387 - 04/12/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've gone tripping regardless of stuff going wrong. And I paid for it. At least I know now.

Just too bad that the day stuff went wrong is the day that where I had the most out there trip I've ever had, of any drug.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: MeThoD]
    #4047420 - 04/12/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Fear makes you high. Bad trips get you the highest. It is that way for a reason.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Dont you hate it when.. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4047446 - 04/12/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Fear makes you high. Bad trips get you the highest. It is that way for a reason.

That could be true. My buddies where just high that night... I was absolutely FUCKED. And we all did about 5 grams in tea, though I purposely made sure I had the higher dose, wasn't much more though.

Though the night was painful for mind and body, I saw some crazy things. For one, I was watching a field of grass turn to worms, with orange gas floating in the sky. Coming home and seeing my brother, and his eyes were white with the flesh on his face rotting away... I thought he was a zombie. EVERY surface I looked at moved like water, with another quality to it that I can't desribe. And last but not least, looking at my digital alarm clock. The numbers were flashing and pulsating, changing. I was thinking to myself "Naw, I can't be so fucked I can't read this digital clock." So I held it right to my face, and figured out it was about 9:00 PM.... I dropped the shrooms at 12:15 AM, and I had been at it for maybe an hour and a half. I guess I was that fucked up.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4047473 - 04/12/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It is man, biological mechanisms at work.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#4048283 - 04/12/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

To some extent, how strong you figure you're gonna trip has an effect on how high you get. But once I didn't scale my shrooms and figured I had maybe 2, but I actually had 4 and smoked weed... I can't really quite say I had a 2 gram trip.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4049457 - 04/13/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

To a large extent, what you think is what happens. That has to do with how long you will trip, what kind of trip you will have, and it can even work against you when you are determined not to experience anything from your trip.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#4052406 - 04/13/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
To a large extent, what you think is what happens. That has to do with how long you will trip, what kind of trip you will have, and it can even work against you when you are determined not to experience anything from your trip.

Haha, when you don't want the trip to happen, it'll kick you in the ass hard.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds