Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Breath Tester Reveals Marijuana and Cigarette Use
    #4041099 - 04/11/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Parents Now Have a Tool to Test Their Kids for Marijuana and Cigarette Use
Simple Breath Tester Reveals Marijuana and Cigarette Use

April 11, 2005
yahoo.com

PHILADELPHIA, April 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Bedfont Scientific, a leading manufacturer of breath monitoring equipment based in Southern New Jersey, announced today that it has developed a tool that can aid parents in testing their kids for cigarette and marijuana use and it's called the Smokerlyzer?.

The test works on a simple breath sample with the results appearing instantly as the person breathes into the Smokerlyzer? carbon monoxide breath tester. Carbon monoxide is a component of both cigarette and marijuana smoke, and there are discernible differences between both substances because of the different way in which they are smoked. Marijuana use usually tends to result in higher readings on the tester. This technology has been in use for the last 20 years in clinical research and in quit smoking clinics, and now more recently by professional counselors in high schools across the U.S. Bedfont has now brought this technology to consumers in the form of a personal breath tester for $59.99.

The professional version of the technology has been extremely popular with schools all over the country, with schools in New Jersey and California leading the way. Over 100 high schools in the State of New Jersey now use professional Smokerlyzers? to counsel teens on the dangers of smoking cigarettes and marijuana.

"We're so excited to finally be able to bring this technology to consumers at an affordable price," says company spokesperson Jason Aversano. "For years now, we've received calls from consumers wanting to purchase our professional Smokerlyzers?, so we knew there was a market here. We know that parents will find that the Smokerlyzer? is much more than a disciplinary tool and that it is far more effective as a way to show their kids the dangers of smoking these harmful substances. This is one of the reasons why it is so popular with educators and teens in schools across the country."

A test on the Smokerlyzer? can be conducted in a matter of seconds. So when your child walks through the door, you simply pull out your Smokerlyzer?, conduct a test and you instantly get results. There's real value in the price too, as parents can conduct unlimited tests with the Smokerlyzer? and there are no additional accessories to purchase. In addition, the tester is designed to last approximately two years with heavy use.

"Parents who smoke should also be wary," Aversano added. "Kids might just be the ones buying a Smokerlyzer? to test their parents. Many school counselors have told us that kids are often so impressed with the monitors that they often ask to take them home to test their parents who smoke." The Smokerlyzer? is available at smokerlyzer.com.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Breath Tester Reveals Marijuana and Cigarette Use [Re: veggie]
    #4041267 - 04/11/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

So they can't tell the difference between cigarettes and pot?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Breath Tester Reveals Marijuana and Cigarette Use [Re: veggie]
    #4041268 - 04/11/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yet another "fantastic" development in ways to invade privacy without consent. I have always thought that unless citizens are posing a clear and present danger (such as drunk driving, etc), then they should have to give consent to have their urine or breath tested.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Breath Tester Reveals Marijuana and Cigarette Use [Re: dblaney]
    #4041319 - 04/11/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> Yet another "fantastic" development in ways to invade privacy without consent.

From the story:

> a tool that can aid parents in testing their kids for cigarette and marijuana use

Most kids, being minors, have no right to privacy from their parents. There is a huge difference between a parent forcing their child to take the test and a cop that yanks a random person off the sidewalk to take the test...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineacoustic
barrmmmFFF
 User Gallery

Loc: texas
Re: Breath Tester Reveals Marijuana and Cigarette Use [Re: Seuss]
    #4041327 - 04/11/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

jeebus...  :shocked:

--------------------

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
    #4041334 - 04/11/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My friend went to get a job at some store a couple weeks back, and after saying they'd hire him, they pulled out a breath test and asked if he had been using any drugs. He admitted to smoking pot, and she told him to come back after he's clean, and he could get a job (which was a cool way to go about it). I hadn't heard of a drug breathalizer before this, i didn't think they existed. I told him it couldn't be, and that maybe they were going to do a saliva test (which is improbable), or a urine test. I'll have to tell him about this.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4041550 - 04/11/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Most kids, being minors, have no right to privacy from their parents.  There is a huge difference between a parent forcing their child to take the test and a cop that yanks a random person off the sidewalk to take the test...

You're right: what I said was based on the assumption that at least some police agencies will pick up on this idea and use it to enforce hollow and corporate drug laws.

Parents do have the right to test their children, absolutely, and while I may not agree with it, I certainly can respect it. I also think however, that kids do deserve at least some degree of privacy from their parents. If every parent knew what every adolescent was up to every weekend, I can only imagine how many outraged and horrified parents there would be. But I digress...

:sun:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale