Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone?
    #4041201 - 04/11/05 03:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

First time grower here. I have a couple casings of cambodians in the fruiting chamber. When I might expect pinning?

Info: 

Casing-
        (Jiffy-Mix casing material)
        Bottom casing layer, 1/2 inch
        Substrate (3/4 WBS, 1/4 BR) layer, 1 1/2 inch
        Top casing layer, 3/4 inch

Progression-
        Inoculated on 3/17.
        Incubated in 1/2 pint jars @ 85F.
        100% colonized on 3/31.
        Cased, covered w/suran, and dark Incubated @ 85F on 4/1.
        Patched uneven mycelium peeking on 4/3.
        Even mycelium peeking through top casing,
              removed suran, placed in fruiting chamber on 4/4.

Fruiting Chamber Environment-
        Fluorescent light 12-16 on, 8-12 off
        Fresh (hydrated) air exchange by aquarium air pump 24/7.
        Temp 72-75F
        Humidity 90-100% (while trying to initiate pinning).
        (Will be lowered to 80-90% after pinning has started)

As of today, fuzzy mycelium is evenly peeking through about 45-50% of the casing surface, but no pinning yet. I was thinking I might see pinning start at around about a week. Is there anything I might need to change with my environment/setup or tek? Can anyone give me an educated guess as to when might I expect pinning with this strain and these conditions?           

:mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow: :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: neoclimber]
    #4041374 - 04/11/05 04:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I would cold shock it thats always really helped me get to pinning.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4041406 - 04/11/05 04:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree, from what i've noticed, it just delayed it for me, dropping it 10F does the trick....

If you have pinning problems then your problems are probably elsewhere...

Rh,Light,FC-like conditions, how well you let it colonize the casing layer(if it colonized it too much -Overlay....if you can see it right under, Just about to break surface Everywhere - :thumbup:
If you cant even see myc. then...:rolleyes: , stick w/ cakes lol

That's my .o2

Gl

-Gnostic

i'd say about a week er so...once u see myc., about 2-3 days till primordia and about a week(less) until they are fully matured...

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4041456 - 04/11/05 04:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I had a large casing in my fruiting chamber, fully colonized the casing instead of pinning.

Put another layer on top, cold shocked for 40 hours, had huge pins the next day.

If you can't drop your chamber temp i would def throw it in the fridge for a day or two.

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4041640 - 04/11/05 05:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It hasn't overlaid. I put it in the fruiting chamber a few days after the first patch, when I saw the mycelium evenly just peeking through. I have also heard that cold shocking is over rated but I don't know because this is my first grow. I have done my research but it's always good to hear from a seasoned veteran. After all, there are some things you just can't get with out dialog.
So let me recap, it's not overlay, it's not contam, it hasn't been cold shocked (more than a 10F drop), it's got the light, the temp, the humidity, and the air exchange needed to pin. So, do you think everything is where it should be and I should just expect pinning anytime now?

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Rest in peace brother.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: neoclimber]
    #4041701 - 04/11/05 05:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Cold shocking ain't over rated at all I don't know why people on here downplay it.

Members of another mushroom forum I'm on SWEAR by cold shock, and they even complain about how ppl on here say it's overrated. Hehehe.

Casing sometimes just doesn't know that it's supposed to go into pinning/ generative mode, cold shock/ temp drop is a great way to let it know.

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4054032 - 04/14/05 11:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I got pins!!!! I didn't even know it but when I looked yesterday after work I had about five, 1/2 cm high, and as thick as a round coffee straw, miniture shrooms. This morning I counted around 23! Happy times ahead!!  :ooo: :shocked: :eek: :grin:

--------------------

Rest in peace brother.

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4054112 - 04/14/05 12:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I did not see the post earlier, neoclimber. Given you are a precise person like myself, I could have told you the answer. One will almost always get pins from day 9 to day 12 from the time one places the tray in the fruiter. You got pins on day 10.

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Re: When should I expect pinning with these conditions, educated guess anyone? [Re: Blue Helix]
    #4054235 - 04/14/05 12:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

10 days for pins too pop up?? I only had my 2 cakes and my casing in the FC for 3 days before they started too pin. maybe I just got lucky?

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4054528 - 04/14/05 01:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was talking about cased trays under ideal conditions and doing everything as he described.

Because of variability in incubation conditions and methods, cakes are a wildcard. I haven't grown with cakes in ages so I don't even remember what they used to take.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation