Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Mtn biking while bemushroomed
    #4041101 - 04/11/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey everyone :smile:

Two weekends ago two friends and I each consumed ~4 grams of ground cubes in melted chocolate with dried fruit and special K cereal. It was super good :thumbup: We are all avid freeride mtn bikers and had our bikes and gear with us.

We ate the delicious bars at approx 6:30 pm at my friends girlfriend's apart(who happened to be away for the weekend). The comeup was very fast and I felt my perceptions slowly changing. We watched some winamp visualizations while listening to some great ambient/natural tunes, some of which included Sphongle and a great track from fellow forum member stefan,  Grimoire - Unfolding green  :thumbup:.

My friend "E" had a sweet new laptop computer that we placed on the coffee table, lite some candles and turned out the lights. It was a very comfortable  setting and my frame of mind was very ready for it.

I got my usual shaking legs and felt the slight nervousness that accompanies such a transition, but now I am starting to embrace it. My friend "M" and I watched the random visuals on the screen, the first couple of tracks were very calm and soothing(I made the playlist). They were of Native North American flutes, and drums, loons and beautiful nature sounds. As we watched the screen, we both were analyzing each one and in turn coming up with a background and meaning for it.
One was of a California style boulevard, with palm trees and houses but the view was from a fast moving car looking out from a side window. Another was of a wire frame visualization that looked like a small space ship shooting through a wireframe network. We both called this the main character of the journey and in turn each new random visualization was another world that it had entered.
"E" was laying back on the pull out couch with eyes closed, no doubt having a great time.
"M" and I continued to watch the screen and as the music tracks changed pace(I had purposely put some intense African tribal drumming/chanting at about the 45 minute mark after ingestion.
The pace also changed for our main character as well, his new journeys took place in flowing lava lakes and beautifully colored psychedelic super machines. :mushroom2:
"E" sat up and looked over at me, he had the hugest smile on his face :biggrin:.
"M" turned to me and said "Hey man, I think I want to go and try to ride my bike"
I looked at him and asked if he was serious and he said that he was, so "E" and I decided to smoke a bowl of herb before "M" left, just incase he was gone for a while. We packed a nice bowl and began to smoke. I find that when I am bemushroomed I hardly feel the smoke upon inhalation but when I exhale, I certainly feel the effects.
As we smoked, we got onto the idea of all of us trying it out, just for the experience. To say that we had tried it before and also to see if we had some superpowers not available to us in everyday life :smirk:
As we strapped on the leg armour I began to get very excited about trying it, but when I stood up I definitely had less coordination that usual and nearly peaking. We threw on the fullface helms and walked the bikes out of the apartment building. When we got outside and started to pedal we just went nuts, really hard. We came to the intersection by the hospital and both "E" and "M" were able to cross before the light changed. I got flustered here when I was unable to make it across for what seemed like an eternity. Finally it changed and I was able to cross.
Let me tell you that my eye sight is not the greatest and especially at about 9:00 at night. When I finally able to cross the street I was unable to see them. But then like a flash, I saw one of them dart through the parking lot to one of our usual city drops. It is a cement ledge to a small 3 foot drop to nice smooth grass tranny, fun as hell :laugh:.

I got on his tail and we hit it like a train, 1, 2, 3. When we met up at the bottom we exchanged 'grats and decided to hit it again. So off we went and hit it another time, but instead of stopping we kept on riding. Then for some reason this is where things turned sour for me, I was really peaking hard and began to experience some strange shifts in vision/perceptions. When I turned my head to look to the side, I would see a quick flash of black over my entire view. Although it was very brief it happened everytime. Then as I tried to concentrate on what was in front of me, I would get these radicals shifts, it was like I was watching movie of "E" and "M" and I was completely forgetting about my own body. This frightend me, so I began to panic a bit, but now my helmet now felt like it was very tight on my face and my vision was starting to tunnel. When I finally caught up to them in the Pizza Hut parking lot I ripped my helmet off and told them that I had to go back.
I felt terrible, they were both really feeling the riding and I was a total kill. They said they didn't mind but I knew that they wanted to go and ride.

Now here is the point of my post, has anyone had an experiences with riding bikes while mushrooming and if so, were they positive or negative? :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnubis
Time Traveller
 User Gallery

Loc: Durango, Colorado Flag
Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: Kerr]
    #4041168 - 04/11/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I always loved to ride my bike while shrooming. But I started to realize I wasn't getting much out of it, other than muscle development. I never got the crazy thought patterns or the out of control hallucinations like i used to get. That was when I realized that the Mushrooms give you the energy to do whatever you want. If you want to bike, you can do it for hours without getting tired or sore, but you won't have any energy left for the visual aspect. However, if you just sit still and focus all that energy, you will get the craziest experience ever. So I think I am done with riding my bike or skateboard whilst tripping. I would rather have the crazy intense visuals than just be able to ride for miles on end.

--------------------
"Always pull up survey stakes, anywhere you find them. Anywhere."
-- Edward Abbey

Home Sweet Home: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41134_1575150945077_1424696117_31559183_3782033_n.jpg

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #4041266 - 04/11/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i haven't tried biking on shrooms but i love a nice casual bike when i am ripped. mountain biking can get intense and the scenery is usually really nice but a few days ago i took a nice 30k bike down to the beach (i live in toronto) along this sweet paved path that goes down the whole way. me and my friends probably smoked more than once an hour and the whole day was just awesome as it was probably the nicest day this year.
anyways, the point of this is i think a nice calm casual bike would be fucking dope and shrooms because then you have time to look around, think about things, talk, ect.
also the path i took (don valley for the people in toronto) has a nice mix of nature and cool cityscapes making things more interesting

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: holio1]
    #4041328 - 04/11/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I like a bike, or other man powered transport on shrooms, but I ALWAYS make sure I ride somewhere where there is ABSOLUTELY NO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: Rose]
    #4041396 - 04/11/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think athletics are a highly under rated tripping activity.  Psilocybin increases visual acuity and, at least in me and my friends' case, performance, coordination, all that.  Granted, we don't come close to 4 grams when we do activities like that (damn man!) but around the 2-2.5 gram level, i have so much fun surfing, skateboarding, and climbing.  Climbing trees and bouldering is amazing.  My parents are both bigtime mountain bikers, my dad has had his picture in some mags when he was younger, and for a while I was really starting to get into it, but then I outgrew my bike (bridgestone mb1 i think it was)and didn't buy a new one.  I think i might try it again, sounds like a great thing to do stoned, sober, tripping, whatever :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: Noviseer]
    #4041541 - 04/11/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Granted, we don't come close to 4 grams when we do activities like that (damn man!) but around the 2-2.5 gram level

Haha I agree it was a bit much for that activity, although we hadn't planned out riding we just had our bikes there from the days ride. But I would love to try it again with a smaller dosage thats for sure. Thanks for all the input everyone :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"

Offlinechupucabras
Stranger
Loc: South Wales
    #4041802 - 04/11/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, if it's good enough for Albert Hoffman....

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: chupucabras]
    #4042066 - 04/11/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hey, if it's good enough for Albert Hoffman....

Good call :smile:

--------------------

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4042121 - 04/11/05 05:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah man...bikes are tight on shrooms...they seem somehow, make the trip more grounded (in a good way.) It just eases tension and eliminates all anxiety. Check out this Trip Report ...i road my bike on the whole come up...which was amazing! hehe

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: Toddo]
    #4042352 - 04/11/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

dude... that black flash when you turn your head, i get those sober and i have no idea what the hell is going on, like if i shift my eyes alone, ill see something flash black way off the side and i can keep doing it over and over.... what is that?!?! anyone?

but sorry, havent biked on shrooms, just hiked.. so next time will be my sit/lay to music... i havent even heard music on shrooms, just a car driving by with jazz... that dopler effect just added to the sexy instant of sound.. so yah

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Mtn biking while bemushroomed [Re: swampthing]
    #4047408 - 04/12/05 07:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Once me and this girl dropped 4 grams each and chilled at her house till 5. I had to head home, and I was biking. When I got near home at about 5:15, I started taking detours. I ended up going to a provicial park in my city, and I was riding down this road which had a huge hill, no hands. It was hella fun, I got lots of stares from the few passing cars though. And getting back up the hill was a bitch, but it was quite the spiritual getaway. I ended up getting at home at 7 am, just 15 minutes before my parents woke up, and they didn't know I was out.

I love when things just work out perfectly.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder