Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
do it or not?????
    #4040513 - 04/11/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have a big problem i need yor help with. I just got a new job as you all know and my manager has a little bit of a crush on me. I think he is a great guy and is really cute but here lately I havent wanted to be with anyone you know me time. I have always been in relationships and I m just ready to have time for myself... ME TIME... but since I wont go out with him he is giving me the worst shifts and making my days off far apart. we only get two days a week of and he spreads mine out as far as he can. Its making me get really sick of working and I just started...... I feel like if i would just stop being selfish and stop having me time then my life at work would be so much easier but I kinda reeally like beng selfish right now. Im focusing on things in my life that I need to get together and I just really like doing my own thing what should I do to make this stop???

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: do it or not????? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4040519 - 04/11/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Any chance reporting this would help you out? Sounds like what he's doin is really unfair.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4040520 - 04/11/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If he has a manager talk to them about it. Otherwise just ask him if he can make your schedules not as shitty.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4040521 - 04/11/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Call a lawyer, sue the living shit out of his company, and get a new job.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4040538 - 04/11/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well obviously the very last thing on your list of possible reactions would be to give in to him in any way. No matter what he thinks, we live in a day and age now where, if YOU are persistent enough, he really can't get away with what he's doing. Just don't be passive, stand up to the guy, sounds like he's being a dick whether he's cool or not.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4040568 - 04/11/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its not being selfish

plus dating a manager could make your work life a LOT worse later on if you break up or get into fights etc

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #4040571 - 04/11/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

that's called sexual harrassment. I'm sure your company has a policy on it. If you have a SHRED of proof that he's doing this, go to a lawyer, and sue the shit out of your company. Nowadays, courts are taking this type of thing very seriously....you'd likely win any case you filed. Don't let him bully you around, thats bullshit.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: do it or not????? [Re: Liz]
    #4040615 - 04/11/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ifallapart said:
that's called sexual harrassment. I'm sure your company has a policy on it. If you have a SHRED of proof that he's doing this, go to a lawyer, and sue the shit out of your company. Nowadays, courts are taking this type of thing very seriously....you'd likely win any case you filed. Don't let him bully you around, thats bullshit.

Listen to her. This is VERY illegal. Stand up for yourself.

--------------------

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Re: do it or not????? [Re: CherryBom]
    #4040635 - 04/11/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I still really new to the company I dont want them to think that
I came into the job looking for trouble you know i dont want to get fired. The other manager works late shift and isnt there when I am my manager makes sure that I work mostly on his shifts... he isnt toucing me or anything just making things hard I have a two year old daughter and I feel like I never get to see her anymore I m always working...... and because I have a kid I dont want o lose my job it was hard enough getting what I have. Jobs dont come easy anymore.... I wish I could stand up for myself but Im afraid everyone will be like what a famine activist bitch you know.... I dont know how I could rove anything either.... I dont know what to do

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4040700 - 04/11/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The day I started my job (almost a month ago now) the top salesman in the company started hitting on me. He's cute, loaded, but a total asshole. I told him politely that I have a boyfriend, and he responded to that by starting to ask questions about my relationship, and my boyfriend. I told him we had been together 5 months, and he said "oh so its nothing serious then" with a smirk on his face. Then when I told him he was in school, he replied with "oh, so in other words, hes unemployed" The guy's a jerk, but I was new here, and he's the companies golden boy. He does a TON of business, looks like he walked out of an abercrombie catalog, and drives a BMW 7 series. It kept up for the next few days, him making comments about how I should let him take me out, me politely declining...and finally I stopped being polite.

I went over to the filing cabinet (which is by his desk) to grab a loan, and he was talking to another sales person about me, because he wanted me to hear it. He said "yeah, and look at Liz, she thinks she's playing hard to get, but she'll come around" I walked over to where the 2 of them were standing, and absolutely tore into him. I told him I didnt care how important he was ot the company, or what kind of yuppy ass car he drove. I told him every statement that came out of his mouth validated my assumptions that he was a fuckign imbecile, and finally I told him that I truly despised him, and that if he kept it up, I would press charges. He laughed, thinking I was kidding, and the other sales person said "dude, shes dead serious, if I were you, I'd shut up and leave her alone". I didnt file charges, but I did speak to my direct superviser, so that it was somewhere on record that this had been going on. I understand you dont want to rock the boat, where you're new there and whatnot, but I assure you, they wont just brush you aside. Companies hear "sexual harrassment" and they take it very very seriously. Start making a log, writing down stuff he says and does that you feel is unfair, and speak to someone about it, even if it's not to file a formal complaint with human resources. You want someone to know that it;s ongoing, if things should get worse. Don't be scared of him, or losing your job. If they fire you for speaking up, you have no idea what you could do to that company financially.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4040820 - 04/11/05 11:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

your right thanks for your words you made me feel better. I shouldnt be uncomfortable at my work place. why are guys like that they know exactly how to make us feel soo little sometimes

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4040846 - 04/11/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

fuck that. guys like him, who assert themselves in ways like that, are usually compensating for *cough* something. Small man complex, I like to call it. Look him straight in the eye and ask him if he knows what sexual harrassment is, and how quickly he can be fired for it.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4040892 - 04/11/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

oh sht i dont know about that he might find reason to fire me but i will figure ou tsome way to get proof and give it to his GIRL superviser she comes in every thursday and monday. If i have to go up there on my day off I will. You knwo its funny cause all teh girls I work wth flirt with him all the time and think he is sucha sweetheart. He s a nice guy he is just make my life harder then it has to be. ALL THE GIRLS THERE WANT TO HOOK UP WITH HIM i dont get why he doesnt just go hit on them?? doesnt make sense to me

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4040896 - 04/11/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

makes perfect sense. Guys want what they can't have, and also, you're new there. It's new kid syndrome. When I started here, 2 guys asked me out, and they're smitten, because they have zero shot of me ever dating them. Its all about the challenge.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

#4040926 - 04/11/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

guys are weird

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4040929 - 04/11/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KristiMidocean said:
guys are weird

and they have cooties.

--------------------
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #4040930 - 04/11/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh what ever lady. You all are freaks.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Re: do it or not????? [Re: Adom]
    #4040937 - 04/11/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so most guys like it like that!! lol :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #4040940 - 04/11/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

haha, yasss, I do suppose so  :lol:

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Re: do it or not????? [Re: Adom]
    #4040942 - 04/11/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale