Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

what's wrong with people nowadays?
    #4039428 - 04/10/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

so i was at this bar with some friends and it's 2am, the bouncers are telling everyone to get the fuck out but no one's leaving. while i'm trying to get one last drink, out of nowhere this bouncer shoves me and sends me flying ... my head collides with my friends head, sending her face into a pool table and knocking her unconscious

meanwhile i'm being bumrushed by more bouncers and thrown out into the street, within 2 seconds 3 random guys start punching the shit out of me.

talk about buzzkilll

live and learn

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblericochet
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: dnL]
    #4039459 - 04/11/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what's the name of this bar and the town/city where it's located? I'll make a note to never go there if/when around.

p.s. sorry. total buzzkill. :thumbdown:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4039495 - 04/11/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, you've gotta understand that most bouncers have an IQ of a wet newspaper and are often unemployable elsewhere. They build their self-esteem by being a total assholes and bullies. Comfort yourself with the fact that when you've moved on in life, these idiots will still be bouncers.....

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4039546 - 04/11/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Well, you've gotta understand that most bouncers have an IQ of a wet newspaper and are often unemployable elsewhere. 

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #4039622 - 04/11/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

BURN THAT MOTHER TO THE GROUND!!!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: Turd]
    #4039886 - 04/11/05 01:59 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

fuck that, i'd sue

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4039903 - 04/11/05 02:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Well, you've gotta understand that most bouncers have an IQ of a wet newspaper and are often unemployable elsewhere. They build their self-esteem by being a total assholes and bullies.

:thumbup:

If it was a slow/easy night (didnt get to toss anyone out that night) and the boss tells them  to clear the bar.....that may heve been their reason/excuse to "bully/push their weight around" by throwing you out.

You didn't "drop your drink and head for the door" quick enuf for their taste. So they let out their frustrations out on you. :shrug:

Talk to a lawyer. They may have a reputation of this kind of behavior.

If so.....

sue their asses!  :hellfire:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: niteowl]
    #4039921 - 04/11/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

indeed.. after talking with a lawyer you may find yourself proud owner of a slightly used bar!

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: niteowl]
    #4039927 - 04/11/05 02:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

had some roomates whom where bouncers in the CU hill area, one almost killed aguy by throwing him to a fire hydrant...

my Fiancee is about 3 weeks from becoming a lawyer, (note this is not LEGAL ADVICE!!!!)she suggested that if your friend had passed out/unconcious at the time of your beating then you should round up as many truthful witnesses as possable and sue the fuck out of everyone who was responcable(hope you have names and the adress of the pub/bar). this may prove to be harder than stated...

... sometimes one must take the unjust lumps given...(my view.)... to learn just how horrible the bar/pub system works.

shitty i know but then again one must pick one's battles in life.

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4040107 - 04/11/05 07:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

On the other side of the story...

I used to work in a bar (not as a bouncer, lol, bar-back) and I cannot even BEGIN to explain how FUCKING ANNOYING it is to have people try to get drinks from you at 2am after the bar has closed.

"Aw, come on, man! Just one more beer! For the road?"

You may not realize it, but if that bar had of served you ONE drink at or after 2am they could be shut down for some time, possibly even lose their licence depending on the liquor inspector and what kind of mood he's in.

I used to have to spend almost half an hour between 2am and 2:30am saying NO to all the drunk morons who got it in their head that they should be able to have one last drink before they leave. THE BAR IS CLOSED.

But yeah, bouncers are usually 2-bit hacks with far more muscle than brain power. Don't fuck around in bars, and they shouldn't fuck you up.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: Adden]
    #4040246 - 04/11/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
fuck that, i'd sue

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4040388 - 04/11/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Trendal is right. I work in a bar and let me tell you...dealing with drunk people who are trying to be suave at 3am (last call in Quebec) is no picnic.

I'm tired and sober. I've been working not partying all night. No one ever wants to leave after the lights come on. They're all standing around double fisting the last two drinks they bought at 2.58, trying to get phone numbers or figuring out where the after party is going to be.

By the time we get the place cleaned out, tidied up and cash counted, it's 4.30 in the morning and all I want to do is fucking CRASH. So yea, bouncers don't have to be assholes...but people don't have to be assholes either.

--------------------

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: CherryBom]
    #4040423 - 04/11/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

very good point cherry!!!! well done

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4040469 - 04/11/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with Cherry and Trendal here. Although the bouncers may have been out of line, its really fucking irritating when people stay in a bar or restaurant well after close. Closed means get the fuck out, not have a couple more. Why don't customers realize that people serving them have lives too? It's even worse when regulars  come in and act like the closing time doesn't apply to them. "Ahh come on man, I come here all the time!" Fuck you. And the best is "You just lost my business." Like anyone gives a shit.
God damn, some people. :mad2:

:end vent:

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: Harbinger]
    #4040492 - 04/11/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #4040711 - 04/11/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

okay lets see

my friend won a quarter barrel at this piece of shit establishment called "judge's" in milwaukee, wi. so it's 2am and we have 3 pitchers left ... the bouncers are telling people to leave but honestly there's probably 100 people in the bar still. the bouncer was drunk as fuck and apprarently he felt the need to instead of politely ask me to leave and/or take the beer away, just flat out shove me

i know that it might get annoying having tons of drunk people trying to squeeze in one last drink but it's not like i was instigating anything or being a dickhead. just trying to get 1 more beer like almost everyone else there. i think i just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

so get this, it was my buddy's 21st b-day a few weeks ago and they go to this place owned by the same person (as judge's) who ends up drugging my buddy and 2 of my friends. i don't know exactly with what but they ended up blacking out/being all fucked up

as much as i'd love to sue the shit out of these bastards, pieces of shit like this aren't worth my time y'know. they'll get what they deserve. hopefully this bouncer shoves the wrong person next time and gets his face re-constructed with some brass knuckles

--------------------

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

#4040967 - 04/11/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The only person who's gonna be able to fight back to a bouncer (and his bouncer buddies) is a guy with a gun. And that guy will lose even more in the long run if he chooses to use it. There's lots of sneaky ways to get back at these guys, and sometimes karma will take care of it.... but sometimes it wont.

Person I knew in college used to always insult people by saying "I hope you get cancer" (asshole AND an idiot), and made fun of people who's parent/sibling/relative died of cancer. 6 months after graduating he got testicular cancer and lost one of his nuts. Should have been both.

What they did to you and your friends is inexcusable. I would get back at them in a legal way. Karma may get them back in a small way, but anyone who would drug ANYONE without their knowledge etc is not a good person. And bad people don't always get whats coming to them. If you don't do something about this, they WILL keep doing it to innocent people. By innaction, you might be hurting many other people.

You have the proof. You have the means. Don't let them keep doing this.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4041005 - 04/11/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Best way to get back at shitty bouncers: just don't go to their bar, anymore. And let everyone you know WHY the bar is shitty, they will be less inclined to go there as well.

Bouncers with no one to bounce don't keep their jobs very long :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Re: what's wrong with people nowadays? [Re: trendal]
    #4041067 - 04/11/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

well, since that is a very naive way to go about it.... I suggest you do something more.

If this were a different case where you were the only one affected, I'd go with trendal. No need to inflame a situation like this if you don't need to. But this is different. Do you see/hear about this bar fucking people over a lot? If I were in your place, I'd take it upon myself to make sure those fuckers never got a chance to hurt people ever again. Gather up all the witnesses/victims you can find and shut these shitheads down. People like that do not deserve the power they have. But then that's just me.... forget about the place and never go there again if you want. But I garuntee you many more people will end up with ruined nights and possible long-term damage due to these assholes' aggressiveness.

InvisibleAmethyst_Acid
Digital Ruler
Female

#4041076 - 04/11/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like a perfect opportunity to get your sue on. haha

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom