Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNextKind
Cannabinoid

Casing
    #4038772 - 04/10/05 09:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

How easily do casings contaminate, since the jars are already colonized so as to be able to fight off contaminants?
And how long should I keep it in the incubator before I fruit it? Around 20% colonized?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Casing [Re: NextKind]
    #4038779 - 04/10/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

im not sure how easy they contaminate but an ultimately the fate of casings is contamination possibly before, during or after the first flush

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Casing [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4038855 - 04/10/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Casings are generally very resistant to contamination. I have left casings out without a lid when I felt they were not going to fruit without constant exposure to fresh air (fudge fanning). The norm is that contamination will only set in after several flushes (4-6). However, if your humidity is too high, if you mist too much, or if your pH is way off you are putting your holy culture in a weakened state and the enemy can move in. It should be noted that cakes tend to get contaminated much easier than casings do since the casing acts and a non-nutritional barrier to the substrate below. I hope this helps.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

Re: Casing [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #4039313 - 04/10/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My experience has been that 1/3 casings will contam and they do it around the second flush. The contam can be fought tho if caught in time. It can either be dug out or attacked with some sort of antibacterial warfare. But if you keep your grow area clean (esp. standing water) and mist with a h202 solution, you can usually stave off contams down to an acceptable level.

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Casing [Re: Darkie]
    #4039343 - 04/10/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If your really worried about contams you can drill little holes all over your chamber and fill them in with polyfill. Air exchanges wont be much necessary meaning a decrease in contamination probability.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Casing [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4039399 - 04/10/05 11:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

damn i would hate to waste 1 out of 3 casings!

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

#4039604 - 04/11/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Definitly not a waste. I have never lost a casing to contam. I simply fix them when the time comes. 1/3 might have been a lil bit of an over estimation. And i am talking about surface contams, not substrate contams.

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

Edited by Darkie (04/11/05 12:28 AM)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4040030 - 04/11/05 05:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

oh ok i was jus like DAMN i feel bad for him if he loses 1 in 3 casings lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags