Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAvastYe
Stranger
DMT vs. Salvia
    #4037307 - 04/10/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure this is comparing apples to oranges, but can anybody offer me a comparison of these two substances? Which is stronger? Which is more "pleasurable"? I know the answers to these questions are exceedingly variable, but any advice is welcome. Both of these are obviously exceedingly powerful, but a cursory glance through the search posts didn't reveal any threads directly contrasting one to the other.

Basically, I'm looking for an intense psychedelic experience (I've tried relatively high doses of shrooms and acid before, loved 'em) and I was looking to either invest in some salvia or a mimosa hostilis bark root extraction. Any suggestions? Experiences?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: AvastYe]
    #4037314 - 04/10/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

From what i've heard you might wanna try salvia before DMT. Though I doubt anythign could prepair you for whats to come when you breakthrough on either of them.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4037462 - 04/10/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

DMT is generally regarded to be about the strongest psychedelic experience you can get. salvia is also very strong; sends you into an entirely different reality.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: alsey]
    #4037786 - 04/10/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My salvia experience was enough to convince me that there are some doors in my mind that are better left closed for the time being. If you've tripped balls on acid before then you might like salvia a bit more than I did, but don't think that you'll be able to control your trip at all if you do it. Salvia is one of those things that the sooner you acknowledge that you're weaker than it, the nicer it will be to you. Buy some 10x extract, take a hit and say goodbye to reality.

While I don't have any firsthand experience with DMT, from what I gather it's a similar kind of trip except chemically synthesized and more versatile (not just limited to smoking it). For my money, I'd choose salvia simply because it's easier to come by IME, and because I don't like putting an artificial chemical into my body without knowing DAMN sure what it'll do to me (my knowledge of DMT is anecdotal to say the least.)

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4037810 - 04/10/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :sun:!

DMT is found in nature, just letting you know. In plants, in animals, in you (it's produced in the pineal gland in your brain). Psilocin (you, know it, it's in those mushrooms :wink:) is 4-HO-DMT essentially it's DMT that's orally active without an MAOI.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4037901 - 04/10/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

salvia is like getting dragged into a swamp, abandoned, and getting lost
dmt is like taking a warp-speed rocket to the center of the universe

for me at least

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4037904 - 04/10/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

WillieTomg said:

While I don't have any firsthand experience with DMT, from what I gather it's a similar kind of trip except chemically synthesized and more versatile (not just limited to smoking it).

no they are nothing alike

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineAvastYe
Stranger
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4037980 - 04/10/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ah! Thank you for the warm welcome and the responses.

Slipknot: You seem to have some experience with these. Would it be fair to make the following analogy?

Salvia : Shrooms :: DMT : Acid
?
i.e. does it seem like salvia has that more emotional, organic ("swampy" I guess, haha) feel characteristic to shrooms, as opposed to the spacey-ness fractal-ly-ness of acid (or DMT, I guess)? Or do both of them blast you so far out of reality that it's not meaningful to make a comparison?

Ha, sorry, I know it's really hard to put psychedelic experiences into words. I'm just trying to get a bearing on them in terms of other psychedelics that I can relate to.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4038060 - 04/10/05 05:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've only done shrooms, but from what I gather, people usually hate their salvia experience, and love their DMT experience. Thats just waht ive noticed though, could be wrong.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#4038111 - 04/10/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

that analogy sorta makes sense...but not really cause dmt is alot more like both shrooms and acid than salvia is

i personally didn't hate my salvia experiences, but they dont come near dmt in my opinion

--------------------

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4038406 - 04/10/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I'd choose salvia simply because it's easier to come by IME, and because I don't like putting an artificial chemical into my body

Quote:

DMT is found in nature, just letting you know.

Quote:

no they are nothing alike

:mrt:

Pity me.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4038645 - 04/10/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've found them both to be quite similar for me. I know a lot of people don't feel that way.

Salvia is a little darker maybe. But some motifs seem to be the same in both worlds for me. I have had the occasional divinatory experience on salvia and never on dmt. They are both truly mindblow/bending experiences. Wow! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4038697 - 04/10/05 08:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The only similarity they contain for me is that they're both intense and short-lived.

Salvia is comparable to someone breaking my spine, putting me in the middle of a desert and scrambling my entire perception. To the outside observer I often don't even seem messed up, but mentally I feel completely alien all of a sudden, like I've lost control of my body and my mind. It then drags you into a trance and will probably show you weird things you'll never understand, and 5 minutes later you're back, sweating and hot, wondering what the fuck just happened.

DMT is much better for me, while completely alien it's in a more colorful and euphoric way, and resembles actual hallucinogens taken to a new intensity.

Salvia does not compare to acid or mushrooms, the analogy fails really. If anything, I'd say salvia : DXM/ ketamine :: DMT : acid / mushrooms, but that's just a basic point of reference, and as soon as you do it you'll realize how much it fails. I actually love dissociatives, both DXM and ketamine, they really open up my thoughts and radically change my perception and thoughts, while salvia is similar in that it radically changes my perception in a dissociative type way, it contains none of the euphoria or mental control of dissociatives.

This is just my personal experience, but for both you're going to need a lot of mental preparation. For salvia, you'll need to make sure you're really comfortable and prepared to let go of every bit of current mental and physical control you possess. For DMT, you have to relax and be ready to blast off into new corners of your mind.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: Ravus]
    #4038721 - 04/10/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, you we are not weaker than salvia. The experience can actually be navigated, and it's like facing your fears in a dream. Once you realize that this unknown force really can't hurt you and that you are as powerful as anything else, it becomes nicer. One use for salvia by the Mazatecan natives, is to find lost objects. Most all people who use or try salvia aren't really looking for anything specific, and don't know how to work with the experience, or get anything good (good isn't really the word i want to use) out of it.

I've wrote a little about the DMT experience in either Trip Tips or General Questions a day or two ago..

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: Icelander]
    #4038871 - 04/10/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I have had the occasional divinatory experience on salvia and never on dmt.

:shocked: :confused: :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineAvastYe
Stranger
    #4038896 - 04/10/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ahhh, see, I tried DXM once and disliked it. It just seemed like a struggle to stay afloat, and I while I certainly can see where DXM afficianados are coming from, the experience wasn't for me

I'm leaning towards DMT at this point, but contributions/suggestions are quite welcome! Thanks for all the responses!

OfflineAvastYe
Stranger
    #4038930 - 04/10/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ha, I just realized that somebody is probably going to say now:

"You shouldn't have fought to stay afloat! If you fight it it will turn bad! Blah blah blah blah ego struggle blah blah"

That's not really what it was. On my shroom and acid experiences I was able to go with the flow and maintain positivity throughout most of the trip, and when things turned bad or paranoid I seemed to understand that fighting it only made it worse. On DXM, it seemed like I would have slipped into something awful unless I maintained a conscious struggle--difficult to explain, but I think that was the right move given the circumstances

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: Ravus]
    #4039053 - 04/10/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

both DXM and ketamine, they really open up my thoughts and radically change my perception and thoughts, while salvia is similar in that it radically changes my perception in a dissociative type way, it contains none of the euphoria or mental control of dissociatives.

Salvia I would say. It has left me with an experiance that I think about almost everyday. Like you say, you can't compare LSD/Mushrooms to salvia. Salvia showed me parts of my soul that I never knew I could get too. I experianced feelings I didn't know we're possible, and I now walk with a lighter step.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: Civ]
    #4039199 - 04/10/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, salvia is a bunch of BS. if your looking for a bad trip, i got some random mushrooms growing out in my backyard, im sure they'll give you a near death experience nightmare.

DMT has a much more strong respected spirit than salvia. Plus DMT has 5 faces.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: DMT vs. Salvia [Re: Abermelin]
    #4039444 - 04/10/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Abermelin said:
yeah, salvia is a bunch of BS. if your looking for a bad trip, i got some random mushrooms growing out in my backyard, im sure they'll give you a near death experience nightmare.

DMT has a much more strong respected spirit than salvia. Plus DMT has 5 faces.

That's a pretty snide remark. Just because you never got anything from salvia when you did it, doesn't mean that the experience is shit.

I was fortunate to find my salvia "sweet spot" and I always have the most wonderfully euphoric experiences. I'd suppose people would consider them mild if you're just grading them on how fucked up you get. lol. But while I take lower doses I find it a lot more psychological and speedy. It feels like a good, very natural rush.

Weird alien thoughts are good for tearing down the barriars of egotism. Not to mention fun as hell. Even when salvia scares the pants off me I feel great.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom