Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
don't look back
 User Gallery
Middle vs Left Hand Path...?
    #4037561 - 04/10/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"The shushumna is the Buddha?s middle path between all extremes, between the myriad traps of ego. The shushumna is the razor?s edge; the subtle, inner path of the Awareness.

When the ego forcefully raises the kundalini by deep breathing or extreme yogic techniques based on effort rather than awareness, then the kundalini will temporarily rise?causing various ecstatic, delusional, or painful experiences. Then the kundalini ascends the path of the ida or pingala, the left- or right-handed paths. These energetic pathways correspond to the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. The ecstatic high achieved by these means ultimately lead to delusion and suffering.

When the kundalini ascends the shushumna, spiritual progress is certain and steady. Awareness ascends with emotional maturity. This is the path of the tortoise. The hare begins the race in a sprint, but falls asleep along the Way. People seeking powers or ecstatic visions are missing the Point?silent Awareness. Slow and steady wins the race. It will seem as if the Universe is standing still?waiting for you?while you move purposefully to its Center by acting and speaking in a way that is in harmony with this sacred Way. The quieter your mind, the more you will identify with Silence and sense the kundalini gracefully up and down the shushumna."

How does this relate to psychedelics? Is it possible to raise energy in a balanced manner on "drugs"?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: Middle vs Left Hand Path...? [Re: dorkus]
    #4038083 - 04/10/05 07:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've answered every other thread, so I'll take the burden of this one upon my shoulders as well.

This relates to psychedelics in the way that if you believe in it, you will experience it.

Other than that:

Everything is possible.

Energy is a very funny word, and I refuse to take it seriously.

The word "balance" makes me dizzy, I think its an inner ear problem.

Manner? Like we have any!

Shortly: I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm sure its great.

The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Middle way [Re: dorkus]
    #4040031 - 04/11/05 07:13 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Moving towards the middle way is very useful for tempering the wild estimates of reality that arise while on drugs.

Directing powerful energies, yogicly or mechanically (steam roller or paving equipment in your back yard?) is not reccommended on drugs, though, by all means, do observe and marvel at them emerging spontaneously.

if the shushumna is already functioning well the drugs will be fine, as the middle way will have already been established. (so no energy work is to be done - in that way drugs are like the sabbath - do no work, just worship, love and eat.)

hoping to get something specifically done via a drug experience is like a preoccupation with kundalini more than with awareness; in this way I think the shamanistic approach to veladas can be relaxed and refined, finding what was lost might occur, finding a path to healing also, nothing is guaranteed by this or any route.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology