Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
If you could go back to your first shroom trip....
    #4036653 - 04/10/05 09:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what would you have done different?

Well this weekend will probably be my 2nd shroom trip but 1st true shroom experience. First time was two years ago with a sixteenth. It was cool but nothing mind blowing.

I will listen to some relaxing music and mildly meditate before I take my dose. I plan on taking a dried eighth of some home grown creepers and want to do it in complete darkness with no music like Terrence Mckenna. Just me and the shrooms. I will also have a few grams for back up if I so wish. I will not be able to do this in nature.

It is my opinion that this trip will set the stage for all my future shroom experiences and I want to ensure I create a great basis from which my shroom experiences may grow.

My interest in psychedelic are the almost religious experiences, learning what my mind is capable of, and the things that they can teach us. If the only thing that psychedelics did was create eye candy, I would not do them.

I am experienced with dmt and high doses of ketamine so I am not too worried about having a bad experience. If things get out of hand I always have some ruffies.

I know that there are a million post on first time trips but I want to ask what would you have done different if you could go back to your first time? Increase the dose? Done it with a close friend? Had certain music with the experience? Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRetired
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4036662 - 04/10/05 09:19 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my first trip was everything i wanted it to be!
i went to the aquarium and to the omnimax it was fucking delightful

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4036680 - 04/10/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lonebuddha said:

gone outside. indoors is boring on medium shroom doses. i'd also have chosen a more upbeat playlist, like power metal or something. my first shroom trip was basically just mediochre; it needed something to make it a bit more exciting/interesting.

if i could go back to my first psychedelic experience, which was with acid, i honestly wouldn't have changed a thing. it was my best trip ever by a long way.

Quote:

I am experienced with dmt and high doses of ketamine so I am not too worried about having a bad experience.

DMT and K are very different trips to mushrooms. i've never tried DMT, but the shroom trip can get a lot more emotional than a K trip. K extracts you so far from reality, while with shrooms you're still very much in reality, but with altered perceptions and stuff. the chances of a 'bad' trip are a lot greater on shrooms. i'd never take shrooms or acid if i was feeling bad at the time, but i'll do a line of K almost anytime (if i can get my hands on the damn stuff). but i'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4036719 - 04/10/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would have went to a more relaxed setting. Driving around in cars chasing each other at fast speeds thinking your going to die isn't so fun.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: barfightlard]
    #4036725 - 04/10/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

holy shit dude!

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: alsey]
    #4036771 - 04/10/05 10:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ya I was young and stupid.....had no idea of the power of the mushroom.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: alsey]
    #4036792 - 04/10/05 10:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
the shroom trip can get a lot more emotional than a K trip. K extracts you so far from reality, while with shrooms you're still very much in reality, but with altered perceptions and stuff.

That's good to hear that mushrooms are more emotional, that's one reason I loved mescaline. I loved being very distant from reality though. It feels like the free spirited conscious outside the confines of the body.

For some reason though I feel this great vibe that I will connect very well with the mushroom. Thank you all for your posts.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

#4036901 - 04/10/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

different music + higher dose

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: SHiZNO]
    #4037035 - 04/10/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It is in a way being very far from reality but you are also deeply in it too. Some of my best revelations have come from the situation that all my friends and I share. Being part of the human race is a special thing that gets buried under your normal events of the day. The mushrooms extenuate all levels of your awareness and bring them all into view simultaneously, unlike our normal level of consciousness in which our view is concentrated like a spotlight on things.

Definitely go outdoors, clouds are divine. There is a reason some say Heaven is up in the clouds! If you feel you really want to let go of this reality, have some good herb on hand and light up a bowl about two hours into your trip.
Also, I tripped with a group of friends and as soon as we were all about baseline, everyone started to leave. This sucks if you ask me, it is so fun to sit around and talk with your friends about the experience, not break up the philopher's group so soon after a trip. I would agree that everyone would be spending the night, or whatever, I don't like it when people leave while either on or just comedown from a powerful psychedelic.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: mecreateme]
    #4037058 - 04/10/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would've tripped with a smaller group. I was in a group of about 6-7 people when it was the most crowded, and that was just too damn much. Also, I had a friend who kept trying to mess with my head (failing miserably). I wish he hadn't been trying to do that.

But y'know, there's no point in wishing for what could have been. My first trip was still a hell of a time regardless, and I have no regrets over what I did or didn't do.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlinepyriel
Stranger

Loc: CA
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4037996 - 04/10/05 05:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said
I would have went to a more relaxed setting. Driving around in cars chasing each other at fast speeds thinking your going to die isn't so fun.

OMG sounds hella similar to my first trip. I miss my first time

--------------------
Wait... Am I on Salvia?

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: pyriel]
    #4040350 - 04/11/05 09:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i wouldn't change anything.
it was in a beautiful park,wasnt a high dose trip,just an average probably like 3 grs or smthing.
ohh wait,
maybe i would have dose my girlfriend and cousen too.
:grin:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4040439 - 04/11/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Nothing.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#4041001 - 04/11/05 12:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lonebuddha said:

When I tried mush for my first time the only things I really knew about them was that would be crazy and that they wouldn't kill me. Had a shot of jager about half an hour before eating the mush. I had a great time, though the come down was terribley rough. I faced a lot of the skeletons in my closet that night, and some might consider that to be a bad trip. I didn't freak out though and was able to learn a great deal about myself. If you can accept the truth the mushroom can teach you much.

I don't think I would have changed a damn part of that trip though.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: jux]
    #4041582 - 04/11/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think that I could've changed anything if I wanted to.

The first trip is always when you first adjust to the psychedelic world. You learn what it feels like, what it looks like, and how to walk around in it. My first trip was not mind blowing, but fun, and touching! It made me more comfortable with my body.

I don't think that many people have the kind of experiances that shrooms are known for on their first trip...

Offlinekraj
Stranger
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: dr0mni]
    #4042558 - 04/11/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would have told my self to settle down and that i'll be ok.

Offlineberserker
empowered withthe spirit ofthe loner

Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: kraj]
    #4044783 - 04/12/05 08:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

great topic!

--------------------
"I am older, older than thought in your species. My Mystic and Magickal
powers have been known by men since thousands of years. I can bring the mightiest wars before your eyes, or - show you -
Death. Showing the future to
those who dare is nothing: I could place you with the Gods. Learning to reproduce my growing
environment you will come to love me. The mushrooms which you see are only
the part of my body dedicated to sex thrills, My true body,
is an underground network of fine fibers, which may cover many acres, grow
for thousands of years, and can have far more connections than even the
human brain. Learning thy Way you will look upon me with awe and
amazement - FOR I AM THE FLESH OF THE GODS. "

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4044874 - 04/12/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

butterflydawn said:
i wouldn't change anything.
it was in a beautiful park,wasnt a high dose trip,just an average probably like 3 grs or smthing.
ohh wait,
maybe i would have dose my girlfriend and cousen too.
:grin:

hehehe you bet on that

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: If you could go back to your first shroom trip.... [Re: BanJankri]
    #4045057 - 04/12/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:yesnod:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4045138 - 04/12/05 10:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lonebuddha said:

A few things...

*Read the Psychedelic Experience beforehand
*Kept my clothes on

That's about it.  My first trip was bittersweet.  I still remember the overwelming exhileration I felt when I started tripping...it was an entire new perspective, so brilliant and wonderful.  I felt like a wierd creature from some magical land.  I became Eve, a tigress, and then a soul.  But when I took my clothes off, I was reminded that I had a body, and it really brought me down.  I felt ashamed of my earthly vessel; so limiting, so useless in the cosmic scheme of things (or so I thought).  Luckily my husband was able to make me feel better by giving me a HUGE carrot to play with.  :smile: 

And I think I would have been better prepared to trip had I read the Psychedelic Experience.  But I didn't even know that book existed in that time.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag