Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Marijuana seeds and the law
    #4036769 - 04/10/05 10:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

First off I searched posts already for this information and came up with nothing. Anyway, I was wondering what the punishment for having possession of MJ seeds in the USA would be. And im not taking about growing plants or anything just possession of some seeds. Thanks for any help you can give me. I appologize if this has been posted, if it has let me know and I will deleat the post.

Thanks,
ShroomOmatic

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4036868 - 04/10/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I would also like to add. I'm asking for information only, I'm not growing. Just never bothered to get the info and realized I wanted to know.

-ShroomOmatic

--------------------

OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

#4036891 - 04/10/05 11:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The possesion and distribution of Marijuana seeds is not currently illegal. Not to say you won't be watched closely if you order a bunch online. All online vendors openly ship to the U.S.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: Shagshow]
    #4036938 - 04/10/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Seeds are illegal in the USA under the Drug Cultivation and Manufacturing laws. It also falls under the CSA as marijuana its self.

1; Drug cultivation and manufacturing laws make it a crime 1) to grow, produce, and possess certain plants and other naturally occurring elements used in the production of unlawful controlled substances, such as cannabis seeds and marijuana plants;

1 - Marijuana is defined under the CSA to include all parts of the cannabis plant and anything made therefrom, except for the mature stalks, fiber produced from the stalks, sterilized seeds, and oil from the seeds. 21 U.S.C. 802(16). Marijuana has been found to contain at least 483 separate chemicals, among which delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta9-THC) is the primary psychoactive component. 66 Fed. Reg. 20,041 (2001).

1 case of a seizure; Washington v. Chrisman, 455 U.S. 1 (1982) (officer lawfully in dorm room may seize marijuana seeds and pipe in open view)

That being said, if ordering from a foreign country, the most that will happen is a seizure at customs. Legal action is usually not possible due to the possibility of vendettas. Even so, it would not warrant the costs to open a investigation, track the paper trail (which creates a much larger hurdle if using a Money Order/Cash), and then prove ones guilt.

So, there is no question that they are illegal. If you happen to have seeds on you and you are arrested, they would constitute possession of marijuana. Hope this helps.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: Shagshow]
    #4036957 - 04/10/05 11:43 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

that's really not good info, shagshow. this seems to be a really sketchy area...from looking around on the net, it seems state laws like to group every part of the plant into the marijuana definition, stalk, stem, leaf, bud, seed (and maybe even roots?), whether you can get high from it or not. unlike what shagshow said, you CAN be busted for seeds...the FEDS are not going to be the ones who find you with seeds, it's going to be your local state/county/city police, and they adhere to local laws. Lots of places have laws like "possession, less than 3oz." meaning anything from an inifitely small weight like one seed, all the way up to 83g as the same offense. you'll have to look up your state's law, on a place like norml. odds are that cannabis seeds are included in possession.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: SourceLimit]
    #4036968 - 04/10/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I can't cite the law but have read too many things concerning industrial hemp production and the steps taken to gurantee THC-free seeds to know that they are illegal to posess. It would truly suck to have like a QP of bagseed and get busted for intent to dsitribute or whatever they nail you for when they catch you with a QP of buds.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: debianlinux]
    #4037170 - 04/10/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I did get in trouble for just seeds and it was a class C misdamenor, got a 150$ ticket and thats it. just paraphenelia (sp?)

--------------------

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: lackobreath]
    #4038607 - 04/10/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks, for the info everyone. Helped me alot. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: Cloud9]
    #4041913 - 04/11/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cloud9 said:
I did get in trouble for just seeds and it was a class C misdemeanor, got a 150$ ticket and thats it. just paraphernalia

Lol, reading through this post I was about to say that seeds would only be classified as paraphernalia in Texas...  This I know as a guaranteed fact...  GL everyone, and be safe :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Marijuana seeds and the law [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4061031 - 04/15/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I got pulled over once and let the cop search my car. Was not necessarily a stupid move because he said he was going to call the k-9 if I didn't let him, and my friend happened to have an ounce in his shoe. Anyway, the cop was out to get me from a previous run-in with him when he was off duty. He ended up finding seeds in my car (he told me he found them, he didn't show me) but then he released me with just a bunch of BS traffic tickets.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4062304 - 04/16/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> The possesion and distribution of Marijuana seeds is not currently illegal.

Incorrect, at least in the US. See the Controlled Substance Import and Export Act, U.S.C. 952 Et. seq. and 21 C.F.R. 1311.

Only sterile "marijuana" seeds are specifically excluded from the definition of "marijuana" and are not a controlled substance under federal statute. Public Law 91-153, Section 102 (15).

> there is no question that they are illegal. If you happen to have seeds on you and you are arrested, they would constitute possession of marijuana.

Correct... unless the seeds are sterile.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals