Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Find Dirt...need help
    #3751270 - 02/08/05 02:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, so I'm checking my mail, and get this weird email from some web site. It says someone posted something about me on their site. So I check it out. OK, there are several people who "have information about me". So now I'm a bit alarmed, and want to find out more about them. So I try to register, and discover, lo and behold, it costs 25 bucks per month for the LOWEST registration level. I'm pretty sure this site isn't a scam because I've seen it before. However, I am furious that such a site exists, as it seems like extortion to me! They are a bunch of greedy assholes for allowing people to post information behind your back and then CHARGE you a good deal of money in order to find out more. It's fucking ridiculous.

So what I'm asking for is...can anyone who might have an account there let me borrow your account or can someone h4ck a premium account for me to use?

I am very angry right now, so I do apologize.

EDIT: the site is www.findthedirt.com . After thinking about it, it could very well be a scam, so if anyone has any more information, please let me know.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Edited by dblaney18 (02/08/05 02:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: Find Dirt...need help [Re: dblaney]
    #3751428 - 02/08/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It is a scam!

I got e-mail from them several times.
The way that I spot this stuff is
#1) I never use my real name on internet
#2) It came to my spamcatcher e-mail address. (That would me donotemailme@myhost.com)
#3) It is listed on news.admin.net-abuse.email

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Find Dirt...need help [Re: Cyber]
    #3751492 - 02/08/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome! I always love good news...5 shroomies for you

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinecalspace
Stranger
Re: Find Dirt...need help [Re: dblaney]
    #4035131 - 04/09/05 05:57 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I can verify that this is a scam. I received a similar e-mail regarding jennifer@teachspace.org. Here is the problem: this person is smoke and mirrors. She's just a name I made up for an group I run to make it look like there's more than just me doing all the work. (Volunteers are sometimes a bitch to find.) Someone says he knows Jennifer socially, and knows her well at that. It's in-frigging possible.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order