Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblerertfart
Syrinx
Beginner questions
    #4035074 - 04/09/05 07:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've been using this website for at least a week now, and its been EXTREMELY helpful in answering most of my questions thus far. I've been making use of the Psilocybe Cubensis beginners guide (http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3372), also very helpful.

One problem I've encountered is not knowing what kind of spore syringe to buy. I know what I want to grow right now is Psilocybe Cubensis, so what type of syringe is recommended?

I came across one site that gave the percentage of psilocybin and psilocin in different types of shrooms (http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml) how accurate is this chart and should I be more focused on the psilocybin or psilocin content?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Beginner questions [Re: rertfart]
    #4035081 - 04/09/05 07:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :sun:!

They are all cubensis unless they say otherwise.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
Re: Beginner questions [Re: rertfart]
    #4035120 - 04/09/05 07:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery! I'm still pretty new here myself, but here's what I can tell you about your syringe dilemma:

You're starting off right with P. cubensis; it's the easiest to grow, and the MMGG that you linked to in your message is a fine place to start. Just about any site where you can order syringes will offer a variety of cubensis substrains (Ecuador, Koh Sumai, B+, etc.) These are all types of cubensis, and will respond more or less the same to the growing technique you're using.

Which one to buy? Well, it all depends on what you want them to do. This topic (discernable differences between experiences with various types of cubensis mushrooms) has been covered pretty thoroughly. If you want to read a few threads on different strains/different trips, differences in potency, what strain would be good for a beginner, etc., you can check out the following:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/2752268/page/0/vc/1

You'll see that there are several threads on each of these topics, so you should be able to find some good info. Also note that there is a sizeable portion of the Shroomery population that believes that there are no inherent differences between strains as far as quality and potency are concerned. With all of the other factors involved (growing conditions, set and setting for your trip), it's hard to tell what noticeable differences between trips are due to those other circumstances and what differences are due to the unique characteristics of the strain. But good luck, have fun and, whatever you do, don't underestimate sterility! It's probably the one area in which a newbie is most likely to make a mistake, but it'll make or break the success of your grow-op.

- Catch

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience