Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVortex663
Stranger
Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body?
    #4034978 - 04/09/05 06:54 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna be tripping tonight...starting in about 3 hours or so. I really feel that I want to trip tonight, but my last trip was definately not a good one. Pretty much, I noticed that my pulse was going faster than normal, this scared me and the anxiety caused it to rise more, which scared me more, etc. etc. Not a good cycle to be in.

My questions...what things can I do in the next few hours to prepare. People say to meditate...what exactly do you do? Sit in the dark with quiet music, trying to relax your body and mind, breathe deeply, etc?

People say not to trip if you're not sure you want to...I'm positive that I do want to, but there is still the little voice in the back of my head reminding me of last time, so I need some tips on what to do now to help promote a good trip.

I'll be with 2 fellow trippers, so they can help keep me calm if I do start to psych myself out, but any other tips?

Thanks all

edit: i've read posts about cleaning your tripping space first, taking a shower, etc. I'm looking more for body/mental things I can to to mentally prepare myself. Put myself at complete ease, with a clear head, slow pulse, and a feeling of energy or slight excitement.

--------------------
"Stop it, you're eating my brain!"

-me talking to friends screwing with me while tripping :-P

Edited by Vortex663 (04/09/05 06:56 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body? [Re: Vortex663]
    #4035045 - 04/09/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I like to lye down on my back. But you're supposed do it sitting. Just focus on your breathing for as long as you can. The idea is to eventually not be thinking about anything at all; to make your mind a blank slate... It's a trance-state really.

Takes me about 10 minutes to acheive it and I use the breathing technique. When my mind goes clear, I'll eventually realize it was clear(which is, in-effect, always an epiphany). That's when I get a weird rush that reminds me of being on a rollercoaster or climaxing, just not as intense.

It's really energizing though, and yes I recommend it before tripping because I always feel at peace afterwards. So think "breath awareness" and breathe slowly, deeply and steadily... think that until you're not thinking at all! Good luck, and have fun tonight =]

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body? [Re: pleco]
    #4035119 - 04/09/05 07:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, just like pleco said. Breathe deeply sitting down comfortably, focusing on your breathe the whole time. Outside thoughts will intrude, but just ignore them and breathe. Most people won't have the patience to do it more than a few minutes, but it's almost only worth doing it if it's at least 10 minutes. Your last trip shouldn't affect you much, it's just like having a really bad day, crammed into a few hours. You probably learned your lesson. Good luck, hope you have a good night.

Off-topic: I just had a hilarious idea. Anyone ever been trippin with some friends (mostly on lsd this happens), and someones like 'the jokes on you man'. That's all you have to say, and it turns the night really crazy. Last time someone said that to me, i thought all of earth and it's people were just this huge joke being played on me, and that everyone was just acting out there part for this huge joke, and that's when i realized it. I thought that at that point, everyone stopped acting, haha.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body? [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4035155 - 04/09/05 08:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

We are a big joke!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4035398 - 04/09/05 10:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've always been kind of a bookworm, but if it's something good that you get into (I've always had a thing for the Dune Chronicles) then it might help you get into your trip. 

But judging from the time of your post, you should be taking them right about now.  So I guess you really don't have time for that.  :shrug:

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineVortex663
Stranger
Re: Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body? [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4036137 - 04/10/05 03:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Trip went good for the most part. About 1 1/2 hours after ingesting, I started to freak out a little, but told myself that nothing in them could hurt me, I was taking something I knew, and it was a medium dose, and physically, nothing could go wrong with me.

This lasted about 30 minutes of semi-freaking out, and then the trip went great. Tripped in my room for the most part, and outside for about half an hour until we got interrupted by neighbors asking why we were standing under the bushes. Came back inside and listened to an audiotape we had set up to record our ridiculous conversations...listened to that, my friends left, and now I'll attempt to go to sleep but I'm still somewhat tripping.

Thanks for the tips.

--------------------
"Stop it, you're eating my brain!"

-me talking to friends screwing with me while tripping :-P

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Tripping in a few hours...what to do now to prepare mind/body? [Re: Vortex663]
    #4038615 - 04/10/05 10:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, if you want to start "preparing" for a trip, you should really start WAY more than a few hours in advance. Definitely learn to meditate while sober. It really helps if you quite smoking herb, cause I can't focus for shit when I'm high. This completely ruins your ability to meditate successfully.

You can prepare for a trip in lots of ways. Whatever ways are meaningful to you are the best. Excercise, write, read, dance, shower, clean, meditate, pray, fast (you should usually fast just to avoid stomach problems anyways), think by yourself, think with others.

It really doesn't matter how you prepare, or even IF you prepare. What ever you need to get you into that mental state is fine.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience