Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Yage
    #4034565 - 04/09/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone have experience with Alchornea floribunda Iporuru?

I have 17gms of some 5X and was wondering about how much should I add to yield some nice incense?

Oh, I just found this

Iporuru is a shrub native to the Amazon and parts of Africa. It grows on low-lying plains that become swamps during the rainy season. It is harvested only during the dry season, when its medically active constituents are present. The bark is used in herbal medicine. Iporuru remedies and products are sold in local markets and herbal pharmacies in Peru.

USES

Iporuru helps to relieve the pain and inflammation of arthritis and other joint problems, and is gaining recognition among athletes and health-care practitioners for its ability to support muscle and joint structure. One study in Argentina found that an extract of iporuru had antibacterial effects and was effective against penicillin-G-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Aspergillus niger.

Iporuru bark steeped in aguardiente (rum) is a traditional South American remedy for arthritis, colds, and muscle pains after a long day of fishing or hunting. In Peru, health-care practitioners prescribe iporuru to treat rheumatism and impotence, and to reduce blood sugar in people with diabetes. Indigenous peoples of Peru use it to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis.

Benefits of iporuru for specific health conditions include the following:

Gout. Iporuru alleviates acute inflammation. This action is attributable to high concentrations of flavonoids that stop inflammatory reactions at the cellular level. The flavonoids also relax skeletal muscles.
Impotence and infertility. Iporuru is a unique traditional treatment for infertility in men in that it is taken by the woman rather than by the man. A plausible explanation for this effect is that the herb increases the receptivity of the cervix to sperm cells. French scientists have proposed that men taking iporuru would have stronger erections, greater penetration, and more viable sperm through the action of yohimbine, a compound found in both iporuru and yohimbe.

CONSIDERATIONS

Iporuru is available as a tincture. Some commercial formulas combine iporuru with smilax as an aphrodisiac or with cat's claw to relieve inflammation. Overdoses can occur if iporuru is used excessively. Follow dosage directions carefully.

Hmmmm, I'll try 2-3 gms.

reason for edit: I UTFSF

--------------------

Edited by namaste (04/09/05 04:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Yage [Re: namaste]
    #4034745 - 04/09/05 05:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have a about a gram of 5x extract that I never used.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Yage [Re: neuro]
    #4034774 - 04/09/05 05:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hum, I thought yage was more ayahausca related.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden