Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekundalani
Stranger
Question
    #4032951 - 04/09/05 12:01 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Hello,

I'm gonna make my first attempt with our lil' friends, but I cant find an aquriam or something similar... But, I did find an old thick glass cake serving dish. :wink:

I was wondering if it's big enough though, the dimensions are approx:
11" diamter
5" at outter rim of lid
6" at the dome of the lid

I can easily fit six 250ml canning jars in there; there's about an 1 1/2" - 2" in between the jars and about 3" in between the top of the jars and the lid.

A friend and my Self both ordered a genus; I went with the Golden Teachers and he choose the mazatapec. Since I'm going with the GT's, do you think this will be enough room for them to grow? I plan on maturing a few to get prints, obviously. :smile:

Also, about how many cakes yeild from a syrienge? I'm using the PF Tek method. Oh, which just reminded me of one more thing; since I'm doing the PF Tek method, and I'm not using an aquarium, how to I get the humidity levels up? Spraying the dome of the lid so it's misted?

I'm trying to make sure I dont mess this up; our lil' friends are a rarity in my area and my last experience has intrigued me, to say the least.

Yeah... Umm, on a final note, which I just recalled; when we went up to Wal-Mart, we ended up buying Mahatma Brown Rice, natural long grain rice. Will that work [for the vermiculite/organic rice]?

Thank you for your time and help. Blessed be.

--------------------
Peace and One Love,

Reverend Joseph Johnson
The Church of Khidr

Edited by kundalani (04/09/05 12:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question [Re: kundalani]
    #4032972 - 04/09/05 12:13 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

As far as your fruiting chamber and humidity question, check out a rubbermaid from Wally World and the PMP TEK on here.
If your syringes are filled with 12 CC's of spore solution you should be able to inoculate 10 jars.
And,yes, I do believe the rice you got is fine. You'll need to grind it though.
Good Luck.
Do a little more reading if you want to succeed.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineMiscusi
Upstate Chillin'
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canadas eh? Flag
Re: Question [Re: HippieChick]
    #4032976 - 04/09/05 12:14 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

hmmm good peoples :smile:

--------------------
:hypno: :merkaba: :peace: My Trade List (2-12-16) :peace: :merkaba: :hypno: 

:nyan:
:discorex: :dancingbacon: :carlton:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question [Re: kundalani]
    #4032981 - 04/09/05 12:16 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Start here:
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3

Read the hell out of that.

Anything that will maintain humidity, will work, even a big plastic rubbermaid. Though that may be a bit short, since you'll need a few inches of something below the cakes (perlite or geolite) and then the lid, and then some verm, the cake, and more verm on top (look up dunk and roll and double end casing) and then 3-5 inches for the shrooms to grow. Perlite or Poor Mans Pod can be used to maintain humidity. Spraying alone WONT be enough for cakes. Air exchange and light will be the other two things needed. Poor Mans Pod takes care of the air exchange if you dont want to fan manually. A syringe can do many many cakes. 10,00 if you want, without taking any more prints or anything. A single cc of spores is enough for a liquid culture that can be used to create 100 jars. Look up liquid culture and Karo Tek. If you dont want to deal with a LC, you can use 1 cc per jar and a syringe is 10-12cc, so you can do that math from there. Any questions on terms, do a search here:

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3168

Use the second search engine (the google one) and you can find the answer to many many questions. Besides that, pick a tek and follow it. This is another good resource:

http://www.fungifun.org/pf/

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekundalani
Stranger
Re: Question [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4033023 - 04/09/05 12:32 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Wow, thanks guys! You're pretty quick on those repsonses.

Also, while I was looking around, I saw the thread on potency v. maturity and I'm glad to hear that's a myth. The PF Tek guide from fanaticus.com says it as if it's a fact.  :smile:

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

--------------------
Peace and One Love,

Reverend Joseph Johnson
The Church of Khidr

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds