Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
Air exchange "through" the pinning/fruiting substrate?
    #4032513 - 04/08/05 11:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I looked through the archives and couldnt find anything about air exchange inside/through the substrate. I was thinking about taking a small 10 gallon tank air pump and running hydrated/sterile air into the bottom of a casing. Would this be good if the air was hydrated, sterile, and slow? Anyone tryed this or know anything about wether this would be good or not. I thank you in advance for your input but please try to refrain from just posting what I should do instead. Example: "Why do you just (insert extreamly common practice here) instead." Thanks guys  :wink:

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Air exchange "through" the pinning/fruiting substrate? [Re: neoclimber]
    #4032518 - 04/08/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You want air exchange on your cropping surface only, and that's it. Good thinking, but keep in mind that fresh air exchange is one of the pinning triggers, and putting it anywhere but where you want mushrooms to pop up could give you issues. It won't most likely, just being hypothetical.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Air exchange "through" the pinning/fruiting substrate? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4032575 - 04/08/05 11:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really think that this would be very useful with a speciese like cubensis, but perhaps a more finniky fungus could gain much from this. a fungus like copelandia cyanescens.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
Re: Air exchange "through" the pinning/fruiting substrate? [Re: Holydiver]
    #4032612 - 04/08/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Good point. I forgot about that. Thanks for the info guys.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation