Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow.
    #3966259 - 03/24/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I'm really excited by growing psychoactive herbs etc. To grow something yourself and then reap the benefits in the end, being a part of the whole process just like growing mushrooms.

I am interested so far in growing calea zacatechichi, san pedro cactus, datura stramonium, opium poppy, and artemisia absinthium (wormwood).If anyone has any info on growing these, where the best place to get a hold of seeds or live plants and such, please let me know.

I am also interested in hearing any recommendations on other legal psychoactive plants and herbs; what you like about them, how easy they are to grow, what conditions they require etc. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #3966311 - 03/24/05 07:38 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I know for cactus such as san pedro, it is more recommended to grow from cuttings, so getting a live plant would be far more ideal.
Does anyone have any opinions on growing san pedro (Trichocereus Pachanoi) vs peruvian torch (Trichocereus Peruvianus)? :zoom:

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
    #3966409 - 03/24/05 08:03 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I would stay far, far away from datura...anticholinergic properties are much to a risk for the hallucinogenic properties. Any deleriant should be approached with much consideration. Salvia would be an excellent choice and possibly a kratom seedling. Salvia div. is a hardy plant that can take much punishment, and its effects if chosen to use in that way, are profound. Kratom is a excellent stimulant. Though it is technically a tree, you can manage to keep one of manageable size.

Edited by SourceLimit (03/24/05 08:16 PM)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3966527 - 03/24/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Psychotria/mimosa/desmanthus and cacti are very useful plants which are nice to grow, propagate and spread around. And obviously consume some of the fruits :wink:

Kratom and salvia are also very interesting plants, definitely worth getting them as they may be illegalized in the future.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: esin]
    #3966541 - 03/24/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

wild dagga

morning glory/haiwian baby woodrose

i like those two, both easy to grow..

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: JCoke]
    #3967535 - 03/25/05 01:29 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks for the tips guys, and I'll look into these other plants you've mentioned. Also, if you'd like to tell me more about what you know of and your own experiences with these plants that'd be greatly appreciated.

Datura I know is a very dangerous plant to mess with, if I ever did use it, it would be with the most care and preparation that could be put into it. Away from civilization and done in ceremonial form. I've grown a Datura called "Angel's Trumpet", I'm not sure which species this fits into though. With Datura it is more about growing this amazing plant for it's rich history than ever thinking about ingesting anything from it.

Edit: I tried posting some pictures of Datura Stramonium and Datura Inoxia, but I don't think it worked... Anyways, I think the Angel's Trumpet I grew was Datura Inoxia, I found it at a local garden center, and the name Datura made me have to buy it and grow it, it bloomed huge beautiful flowers.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Edited by JaguarWarrior101 (03/25/05 01:36 AM)

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #3967606 - 03/25/05 03:09 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Kratom, salvia, b caapi, psychtria viridis, mimosa hostilis, mimosa pudica, any cacti from seed is fun, hawaiin baby rosewood is easy to grow, or some poppies.

just goole the species before growing with germination (plant or cacti name) for help with growing that kind of plant.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3968302 - 03/25/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

the list goes on and on grow them all but easiest to grow are morning glories and African Lion's Tail aka wild dagga.  What Ive read is Peruvians are better then San Pedro stick with cuttings unless u don't mind growing for several years like me.  I found poppy to be hard to get past seedling stage very high germination rate.  It all depends on ur budget and time and effort u want to put into it. GL :thumbup:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3968306 - 03/25/05 10:59 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Poppies dont like to be transplated, scater them early in the season ona weed free plot and watch em grow.

The whole mesc contenet between peruivians and pedro is skeptical.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3969685 - 03/25/05 05:14 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

This article compares the mescaline content of San Pedro(T. pachanoi) vs Peruvian Torch(T. peruvianus)

According to it, San Pedro is on average better for mesc content, as Peruvians can possibly have very minimal. I've also read though that Peruvians grow faster, and one of the highest rated mesc in a cacti found was Peruvian. However I'd sooner have a cacti that I know will have at least some mescaline. Do any of you keep your cacti growing year after year? I live in the north, so growing is best through spring and summer, but I'd like to grow it indoors in the winter, do any of you have success doing this?

Fluxburn,
You say cacti are fun to grow from seed, is that because it's difficult and challenging, or have you had success with it?

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3969722 - 03/25/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

YEah ggrow em all year, rather put them in a cold above 40 degree place with minimal light and they will rest up and go dormant till spring time. No water needed during the dormant state. But you can also place them in a grow room if you bring them in before it cools to much outside.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3971010 - 03/25/05 11:35 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Peruvians more expensive but very cool sharp poky spines that turn on chicks......no not really, but I think they are awesome. I got 1- Peruvian, 3 short spined Peruvians, 6- Pedro's, 5 bridgesii, 1 spachianus and 100 seeds of Peruvians i want to plant soon. We also had a poll here and so far Peruvians were the best in content. But also heard the Bridgesii were also good but slower growing. can't give any of my experiences with content cause I find pleasure in growing them and plus i can't hurt my babies....lol

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Edited by GNIOM1498 (03/25/05 11:37 PM)

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3971536 - 03/26/05 05:11 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Cool. Good advice. I hear heimia salicifolia (sunopener) is a good one too. Something I'd really like to grow. Only legal herb I'm growing is actually illegal I just realized. hahahaha. I have one healthy seedling of catha edulis. HEHE. Just as illegal as weed.

Peace,

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: GoaM]
    #4025005 - 04/07/05 05:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks guys.

Just a note, that the Datura I grew was actually this.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4025080 - 04/07/05 06:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wow I just found a great site for any Canadians, http://www.ethnogarden.com/cart/index.pl/catid_88/proid_212
I can actually buy live peyote in Canada wow! And Peruvian Torch hybrid cuttings, said to contain double the alkaloid cotent.
http://www.ethnogarden.com/cart/index.pl/catid_88/proid_217

Fuck yeah! :eek:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4031911 - 04/08/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

JaguarWarrior?s Garden

Seeds on the way:
1)Calea zacatechichi ?Dream Herb?
2)Datura Stamonium ?Thorn apple?
3)Leonitus Leonorus "Wild Dagga"
4)Heimia Salicifolia ?Sun Opener? Sinicuichi
5)Lepidium Peruvianum ?Maca Yellow?
6)Mimosa Hostilis "Jurema"
7)Peganum Harmala "Syrian Rue"

Live plants soon to be acquired:
8)Lophophora Williamsii "Peyote"
9)Trichocereus Peruvianus "Peruvian Torch" hybrid Cuttings

Other plants I'm looking into acquiring:
10)Mitragyna Speciosa "Kratom"
11)Argyreia Nervosa "Hawaiian Baby Woodrose"
12)Banisteriopsis Caapi
13)Desmanthus Illinoensis
14)Psychotria Viridis
15)Salvia Divinorum

If anyone can post/link growing and/or cultivating tips for any of these or other psychoactive plants that'd be great, it be nice to have a good knowledge base for this stuff on the forum for those looking for it.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblestevo

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. *DELETED* [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4047923 - 04/12/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: stevo]
    #4048229 - 04/12/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Damn, I already ordered some. :cussing:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #4049017 - 04/13/05 03:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wow I envy you man.

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Recommended legal psychoactive plants to grow. [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #4049049 - 04/13/05 03:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've been reading more info on growing/cultivating these plants.

Stevo,
The Hawaiian Baby Woodrose plant is suppose to grow well indoors, the seeds I got are supposed to be 95% germination rate.

adjust,
It could be you too. :cheers:

I'm still looking for growing tips for the following plants:
1)Calea zacatechichi ?Dream Herb?
2)Lepidium Peruvianum ?Maca Yellow?
3)Mimosa Hostilis "Jurema"
4)Banisteriopsis Caapi
5)Desmanthus Illinoensis
Any info or links you know of would be appreciated.

By the way, many psychedelic plant growing tips can be found here.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder