Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

My (friend's) scheduled Procedures/ badass shit
    #4031468 - 04/08/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, i don't know if this will turn into a grow log or what but....

My friend is setting out on a grow tomorrow, i do believe. He has said to me that he is going to be doing about 33 pint jars of popcorn.

He is going to be using a liquid innoculant which he prepared on the 6th (I think i will get pictures tonight) from some old liquid innoculant he made on 7/27/04. that stuff was like thick, chunky milk; and now thati inoculated it the new culture looks like watered-down milk, and is thick as all helllll. That is what he is innoculating with. Since he had the cultures just sitting out in his room and they took off so good, does that mean they would perform equally-well at that temperature on grains?

He said he planned on soaking corn for 20 minutes, then boiling/simmering for another 20-25.That should get water content right. then he was going to let it drip till it stopped. then he was thinking of padding it off with paper towells then jarring up in pints. He was gonna put the lid on with one hole on the side, then the tyvek, then the band.

He was then going to take about 60% verm, and 40% coir and hydrate it and put it in a turkey oven bag and boil it sterile. then make sum casings. He said something about mixing the colonized grain up with wet verm though to increase the amount of moisture in the casing. he is gonna be using those big aluminum foil pans and poking 6 holes in that, then adding dry verm, then the grains/wet verm, then padding it off with his said casing mix and covering with saran wrap. then he is waiting till he sees about 25% myc. coverage and then briefly cold-shocking and then start exposure to light. He was going to put them outside, firstly in white bags, then in black bags, to attract sunlight and heat the little area. he said he was gonna pick off and eat right there prolly the little bits of primordia that form fitrst, then elt sum shroomies start, and once he has a decent pinset going, he'll start spraying those down and the sides of the bag, which should be warm from the black bag's heat, thusly creating a more humid environment.  it's been about 70 degrees and sunny during the day/ 40-50 degrees at night around here lately. I think they should do quite nicely.

anybody have any thoughts/suggestions?

Of course there wil be pictures (and probably a grow log) throughought my, i mean, his grow.  :jamming: :kodama:

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLengthyFellow
I play with poo

Re: My (friend's) scheduled Procedures/ badass shit [Re: 4hodmt]
    #4031769 - 04/08/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Soaking for only 20 min? whats the point? If hes gonna soak he needs to do it for at least 18-24 hours to even notice a difference in the corn

*Edit* Typically soaking is to germinate endospores so they can be more easily killed in the PC. Either way, from my experience with corn you need to soak it at least 20 hours before its moist, then simmer at least 1/2 hour after that

--------------------

Edited by LengthyFellow (04/08/05 04:56 PM)

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: My (friend's) scheduled Procedures/ badass shit *DELETED* [Re: LengthyFellow]
    #4031792 - 04/08/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: c

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: My (friend's) scheduled Procedures/ badass shit [Re: poboy]
    #4031812 - 04/08/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hhhhmmmmm, I'll pass the news on to him.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag