Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMrB
Stranger
ACK..What next (Casing)
    #402941 - 09/24/01 07:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ok..Here's the situation guys.

My friend colnized a cake PF style and birthed it at 100% colonization.

The single cake was then broken up and cased 50/50 style from Ryche Hawk's page. Two days after it went in the jar duck tape was wrapped around the container to make in opaque. My friend unwrapped a little of the duck tape and noticed some (a few) small pins around where the duck tape was loose on the inside of the jar. My friend cannot see inside the rest because my friend don't want to rip all that duck tape off.

Now the top of the casing has some fluffy mycelium growing in serveral regions but several other places you can even dig down and there'e no trace of the stuff.

Questions:

Should this be cold shocked/put outside overnight (40-50's)

Should the top layer of the casing be misted when mycelium has started growning on it?

Are thoose pinheads going to be a problem?

Life after casing seems to be very sketchily documented and my friend is confused as hell if this little tupperware container is about to be fruiting or my friend is hopelessly doomed or somewhere in between.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejdub
journeyman
Re: ACK..What next (Casing) [Re: MrB]
    #402999 - 09/24/01 08:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

To answer the first question, if you are having trouble getting the mycelium to fruit, put them in the fridge for at least six to eighteen hours. This *should* get them to pin.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #403009 - 09/24/01 08:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

1. I recently read that cold shocking is not needed for PCs
2. I do belive that you should stop misting when mycellium pokes out.
3. The pinheads should not be a problem. After all, they are what you want in the end.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #403155 - 09/24/01 11:00 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

the question i have for you is are you trying to just get ANY shrooms, or are you trying for record-breaking yeild?

pins are good, they turn into shrooms.

early pins will stunt the rest of the tray, so pick them off if you are worried. if your tray is as small as i suspect, then the pins are all the shrooms you should expect, let them grow

InvisibleMrB
Stranger
    #403168 - 09/24/01 11:16 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I guess the big prolem was that.....sigh..my friend.. wasne't being patient enough....My friend just looked at it again and it is now pinning all over the top..

Yes, the tray is small (1 jar actually)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck