Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
johnny poppyseed
    #4030681 - 04/08/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ok, so ive been walking around town and sewing seeds by the handfull in every planter, boulivard, vacant lot, ditch, riverbank, park, dyke, trailside etc. i could reach, even the cracks where weeds grow around buildings, all up around the hospital, sandy eroding slopes, roadside clearings. EVRYWHERE thatt isn't mowed or tilled annually. i did a real thurough lob around the parks building where they dumped all the old soil from the gardens last year. ive still got KILOS of seeds left and can always get more.

and i am laughing all the way. i cant wait till they start comming up, far as i know im not breaking any laws. but i reckon this would certainly fall under the category of mischeif.

its pretty cold out, but all the snow is gone and its raining alot, i figure they will come up no problem, its quite sandy and chalky around here many places ive planted have dandelions and hawkweed to compete with. but i expect the poppies will do well, ive seen them come up in quantity from a half inch crack in a sidewalk before.

now whenever i go for a walk i have a bag of seeds in my pocket and just sprinkle liberally about.

what do you guys think? i think ts friking hilarious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4030728 - 04/08/05 12:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Nothing wrong with that. Im doing it to lol. Already got some to germinate woot.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4030754 - 04/08/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

those are illegal where y'all are.

im going out later today and doing some dykes and all the area they plowed up last year around the dykes, theres no grass there yet, just acres of exposed sandy red clay.
i also intend to hit the areas around the ballfeilds and abbandonned sand quarries. no guerilla about it, pure blitzkreig growing. overwhelming masses of plants evrywhere.
i intend to gather pods at night in the late summer. thats all im worried about, that i will be connected to the mischeif or connected to the inevitable processing

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

#4030775 - 04/08/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Im not throwing them everywhere, Just in the back of gardens and stuff, It is weird b/c sprinkled to many in a pot of potting soil and it kind look like some kinda grass. But soon they should get their leaves.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4030865 - 04/08/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

where do you get so many.. from the local grocery, online, or seeds from your own grow?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: Locus]
    #4030905 - 04/08/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd do the same if I had that many seeds, it would be pretty to see.

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

#4030924 - 04/08/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You can buy them at your grociery store. That I what I did. But i think i remember reading that they are kinda small but I will see.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4031030 - 04/08/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i bought them by the kilo at bulk barn in halifax, but bulk barns are popping up in evry town and they sell barrels full of poppy seeds, i boiled some up the other day and made putty, and it worked surprisingly well, i posted that it wasnt so good, but frankly, i dreamfully slept the entire following 24 hours and woke up with heavy bloodshot eyes
however, the seeds contain heavy metals like cadmuim and i wont be doing that again, especially when i can just plant them and get way more putty from the pods and straw.

i immagine the flowers will be white like the ones they grow in tazmania.  but ive also got a stash of various strains of ornamentals for my garden (and my moms garden, but she doesnt know that yet) :smile:
i still have miles of area to cover wth seeds, i intend to collect heads by the backpack.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4031171 - 04/08/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

bump>>>>>>

i've been doing the same thing>>> thought it would be funny to seed my neighbors gardens>lawns>and flower bed with poppies> even if only a handful came up.

Got a huge bag at whole food, and i've been thrown seeds like rice at a wedding.
hahaha

can't wait to do the same with the 400+ MJ seeds i have.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#4031222 - 04/08/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i am only assuming of course that these seeds are byproducts of opium manufacture. in which case it would make them the best stains for potency. nitrogen levels are directly related to potency. im gonna try some farming areas with lots of manure. maybe up on the mountain. its still frozen up there tho. the elevation and nitrogen rich sandy soils ought to make a good batch.
i want to make a large block of putty and give a small brick to each one of my friends. then trade most the rest off for some mids.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

#4031312 - 04/08/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
i want to make a large block of putty and give a small brick to each one of my friends. then trade most the rest off for some mids.

And make Opium hash woot. I need to find a way to do this anyone have any ideas.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4031458 - 04/08/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

actually it is an illegal activity. You could be charged with growing a noxious weed if they're lenient or growing a narcotic drug plant if they're not. Remember that "poppy straw" is a controlled substance and that many nations prohibit the sowing of poppies.

Please go to "Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium" thats stickied to the top of this forum and read my writeup "Dutch Commercial Poppy Cultivation", tons of info on the growing and harvesting of culinary poppies.

If those poppies sprout, or rather.. if one in a thousand makes it.. you've accomplished quite something as poppies claim the ground they're sown upon for the years thereafter :smile:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: Asante]
    #4031481 - 04/08/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i've found if you can plant them next to a thermal mass> cement / parking lot> you can grow in areas that would otherwise be too harsh ( cold )>

i've got some in an area far too cold for most poppies.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: zerozero]
    #4031836 - 04/08/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

opium poppies are completely legal to grow here.
and generally poppies like the cold.

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #4032676 - 04/08/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

glad to see I am not the only one doing that....I just had an idea! How about givin out seed by mail or sumfin to people to plant where they live, then they take seeds they get from the crops from your seeds, and do the same thing with other people, a community of free seeds and increasing ammount of poppies all accross the globe!!!!Hells yea! If i had any seeds I would do it, and if my seeds I ordered (they havnt come yet) produce a good yield, or anything at all, I am going to participate, too. what do you all think?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

OfflinePsilopleix
Extended Symbol

Loc: aridzone1
    #4033031 - 04/09/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I will also be doing the same but not only with poppies. It'll be my own
wildflower mix of several varieties, so it should be very special.

There are many eye-sores in my neighborhood that could really be freshened up.
I'll take the duty to spare those the sights of 4 ft diameter tumbleweeds and forests of chickenweed.
You know what... harvesting boxes of pods is just a bonus... :crazy2:  :grin:

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: Psilopleix]
    #4033044 - 04/09/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You really wanna do it? If anyone else is willing to donate seeds, there should be a thread for people to post if they are in need of seed, so that someone with seeds can contact and send them some. Of course, there is the fear that some may take advantage of this and just steal millions of seeds from you all, but judging from what I have seen of you guys, I don't think that is likely to happen.

Anyways, does my idea sound appealing to anyone?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #4033256 - 04/09/05 02:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"ive still got KILOS of seeds left and can always get more."

damn, send some this way!

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: A0999]
    #4033281 - 04/09/05 03:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My poppy garden is a "Jonny Poppyseed" Garden. You just cant belive how hardy these plants really are :smile:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: johnny poppyseed [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #4033323 - 04/09/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I must say... apart from the opium part of it all...

If you got a barren piece of soil somewhere, like a place where a house used to stand, a construction site that isn't getting things done or some other eyesore...

Poppies *really* beautify things, it's a gorgeous plant. In addition to the spectacular beauty of the flowers and pods above a *different* plant it is very tough and $5-20 buys you a kilo of seed anywhere, which (if you read my tek) yields literally a million poppies and is enough for two hectares (four soccer fields, 100x200 meters = 330x660 ft) of dense poppy fields.

I do insist that this is suitable for city/park patches only as it otherwise may throw the ecosystem out of whack.

if you spread out the seed, very lightly mist it and then powder it with finely ground white/black pepper and then let it dry the insects will leave it alone leading to (far) higher germination rates.

Read my article in the sticky post in this forum for more info, but basically sow on *disturbed soil* (or disturb some yourself) or you may end up with nothing :blush:

Please keep us posted on the JOHNNY POPPYSEED/BEAUTIFY YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD project.

...and dont just hand out seed to anyone: alert them to the fact how PRETTY poppies are, and how readily available the seed is in their area. Decentralization = key. Don't supply goods, supply technology!

One supermarket packet of 1 oz culinary poppyseed can yield a dense 100x100ft field of fancy purple flowers so pretty they look like the shining stars of a seed catalog! And old ladies & geezers will harvest pods for floral arrangements and put them in their gardens and give some seed to friends.

I firmly believe that free availability of the plant over time decreases street drug and pharmaceutical abuse even though it must be bourne in mind that poppyheads even as a tea are a Hard Drug.

Poppyheads and pod people UNITE! :evil:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck