Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ...
    #4030915 - 04/08/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.hermetic.com/bey/taz3.html

I recommend reading the link, and finding further info in regards to what it represents, but a TAZ is a Totally-autonomous-zone, and it's implication fundamentally is it's namesake.

Generalized ways in doing such;
1) Buy a city, and denote what laws are in place, one could give every citizen a gun within the city, and set ordinances through such; as one could legally deputize each citizen. Among various other possibilities. (got that one from my dad :tongue:)

2) Through playing with religious exemptions. Religions are exempt from the law in many ways. If one were to organize people to a high degree and set forth a set of constraints, and all members adhered to such, one could potentially get away with many things, including the use of drugs for all it's members as a philosophy on the basis of their beliefs...

However the trouble arises when a TAZ is manipulated to circumvent such restrictions on corporations, as corporations could potentially, setup and install their own TAZ through manipulation of protection of religious belief, thereby giving them a huge advantage, and in some instances could be used to override pollution controls, as well as monopolization. (just examples, much more could be achieved)

--------------------
Now, if one could give a group that partakes in said instance of TAZ to alter, even promote a different legality onto themselves through legal manipulation; should they despite it having the potential to have a negative copy-cat effect? (The laws within the USA allow for such an action permitted it is in the context of a religion, a city has more stringent restrictions)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (04/08/05 01:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4031008 - 04/08/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:captain:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4031090 - 04/08/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wow. How very interesting. I liked the pirates rant. My kind of guy. I didn't read it all, but shall take the time later.

I attend Burning Man each year. For a week the city is built and dismantled be for the authorities get too scared. Most of the laws of the land go out the window even though the authorities have a presence. They allow it in part for the inflow of money to the local economy and the state IMO. I consider it my hometown in some ways.

Would this be in some ways similar to TAZ? :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ... [Re: Icelander]
    #4031210 - 04/08/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes it would, a partial one albeit. But it is still affected by law and is allowed, so it's not really a true one in the sense that I'm speaking of.

I was thinking in terms of permanant nature through the use of law;and was wondering what qualms anyone would have with it due to it having the potential to alter much in the way of society... legally.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineLux
    #4031490 - 04/08/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I found out of Burning Man just last year but could not attend. I fell instantly in love with the concept of it all, a city of art and freedom. I would live in such a place if it existed. I plan on going this year however and I especially love the theme for this year, hope to see you there!

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ... [Re: Lux]
    #4031509 - 04/08/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, Lux you will love it. The best part for me is it's a gifting culture. Not $$ not barter. You have no idea how it feels to drop all the competition and just share love. You see lots of beautiful happy faces.

I would love to see you there. As the time approaches maybe we can make a plan. I would love to put a face to some of the folks I talk to on these forums and plant a major hug on ya. :heart:

--------------------

OfflineLux
    #4031674 - 04/08/05 04:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Absolutely, I'd love to meet up with anyone else on this board who will be attending.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ... [Re: Lux]
    #4031777 - 04/08/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I learned of "Burning Man" last year after purchasing a wonderful glass artpiece from an artist in the area....  I did not go last year, but sounds like this year might just very well be the year for me....!  Guess I will have to get a Shroomery T-Shirt, or make one with my login name so people can recognize me/each other....    I am up for anything now, nothing will hold me back but death itself....    Consider me there....!    :heart:

::::raises hands in a violent fashion::::  :grin:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: If one could abridge a law through the use of a TAZ... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4032054 - 04/08/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You'll need more than a tee-shirt, unless of course you got the "power". There was over 30 thousand + folks last year, the forth largest city in Nevada.

It is an incorporated city for real. :grin: :mushroom2: :heart: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4032115 - 04/08/05 06:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Psy, sorry for gettin off topic. :heart:

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4033083 - 04/09/05 01:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:shrug: That's what makes forums fun, it's on topic... TAZ's are fun, even partial one's :smile:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order